It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mothman in illinois ?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
well outside i was with my brother and we were just sitting on the hood of his car and we heard loud screeeecheessss like a mouse and right away i thought mothman ??? but i dont know then we started to head inside and had a camera with me so i was ready if will ever come then it happend the most scaryiest moment in my life he apeared and i was about to take a picture but i was so scared i actully droped and broke my $300 camera and he just stood there like a giant 7 feet i ran inside to get my old camera and by the time i got back he was long gone can anyone explain to me how the heck mothman could have gotten to round lake, illinois im still shakeing lol but any smart comments ?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
oh and i forgot to say its the north side of ilinois

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Your Mothman story brought back memories of a story my mother told me concerning something seen by my grandfather when he was a young man. His family lived in Coal City which I believe is also in northern Illinois. One evening he was walking home from a friends house. When he came up to some railroad tracks he noticed a tall black form standing on the tracks. As my grandfather got closer, he realized it wasn't a man but something that looked like a large human with wings. It started running along the tracks away from him. It flew for a little bit, ran a few steps and then flew some more. It never left the tracks. He watched it till it disappeared. He got really scared and ran the rest of the way home. He never knew what it was he had seen but perhaps "Mothman" has been in northern Illinois for generations. This would have happened sometime in the early 1900'sTextText Purple

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Mothman is usually associated with impending disaster, so not to scare you, but you might want to take care and avoid the area you saw him in for a while...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
avoid him in the area i saw him why? it wont make a diffrence if i see him agein this time im ganna take picture?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Mothman, for what it's worth, is generally associated with an impending disaster as fooffstarr stated. I don't know how much stock I put in the Mothman, but I would certainly be a bit more wary if he showed up in my neighborhood. I know a sensationalist movie with Richard Gere called the Mothman Prophecies was released about it, but that does not change the fact that the Mothman was reportedly sighted in Point Pleasant, West Virginia shortly before the collapse of The Silver Bridge in 1967, killing 46. I know the majority of members here are familiar with the story, but I thought I would share it just in case some were not.

Edit: By all means please shoot away, he's not after you, and I am sure we would all kill to see a clear photo of the reputed Mothman. I'm just saying that if an accident happens in your area of Illinois don't say we didn't warn you!

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Baphomet79]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
oh i see where what your saying but what would he be doing in the northern part of IL ?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Warning of a disaster. Some believe he is just an incarnation of 'the reaper', or possibly something less evil trying to warn us. I don't believe the mothman exists personally, but i won't argue with people that have said they've seen something.

Just be careful

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
ok but im serios about shooting his @$$ because i wanna be to first one to say this "hey you wanna meet mothman open my trunk" lolz
mothmans reponse "close the damn trunk im freezeing my @$$ off " lolz j/k but i hope to have him in my trunk with a 12 gauge shot gun hole in his @$$ anywayz feel free to tell me what else i should have with me when i go back where i saw him except for a camera and a 12 gauge shotgun lol ?!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Alright so 7337 talk does not impress anyone here. The camera idea is definitely more applicable to this crowd, wanting to shoot it in its @$$....grow up. Have you ever actually fired a 12 gauge shotgun? If so you would know that it is effective against a Pheasant...something, from that implied distance, that has about a foot on me (I'm 6 foot 1 by the way) is going to just be perturbed by you shooting at it.

That is if in fact the Mothman theory actually holds any weight.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hey guy, I actually live near Round lake, in Buffalo Grove. You guys gotta understand Round Lake Illinois is a pretty trashy place to be so this kid probably had nothing better to do on a saturday night than post this.

Oh btw if you want to apprear credible in any future postings or just in real life, don't say things like @$$ and 'I'm gonna shoot my 12ga shotgun up his @$$' lol. cmon man.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
how can anyone seriously take this guy seriously? hes talking bull.
a really uncredible story.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Alright so 7337 talk does not impress anyone here. The camera idea is definitely more applicable to this crowd, wanting to shoot it in its @$$....grow up. Have you ever actually fired a 12 gauge shotgun? If so you would know that it is effective against a Pheasant...something, from that implied distance, that has about a foot on me (I'm 6 foot 1 by the way) is going to just be perturbed by you shooting at it.

That is if in fact the Mothman theory actually holds any weight.
ok i do admit that im just playin around with the shot gun thing even though i have one , but callin me a kid do not do that thats not nice im 25 years old and the story is true belive or not

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyrolot
how can anyone seriously take this guy seriously? hes talking bull.
a really uncredible story.
how can you say im talkin bull if you know im jokeing about some parts
i dont give a (...)if anybody doesn't belive me because i know its true

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edited censor circumvention

[edit on 23/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am not saying you do not have a Shotgun or are more than willing to take a pop shot at anything. Myself, and obviously others, are simply saying that if you want a thread to be taken seriously I recommend against using such terms as @$$ and lol.

ATS has its fair share of nut jobs, but even they are capable of using proper grammar and syntax. Makes it easier for all of us to understand the point of a thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ok so who are you to tell me how i should act
so i dont use proper grammer its not like i care

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What Baphomet79 said is exactly right. He wasn't having a go at you, he was just saying that talking in leet speak significantly lessens the seriousness of a post.

If you want to be taken seriously it is always a good idea to structure your post and spell check it before you press the button.

We're just trying to help.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
What Baphomet79 said is exactly right. He wasn't having a go at you, he was just saying that talking in leet speak significantly lessens the seriousness of a post.

If you want to be taken seriously it is always a good idea to structure your post and spell check it before you press the button.

We're just trying to help.
im with him he said it nicely

top topics

join