It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is Fascism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
was looking for some TV shows online and came accross this
so i thought i might aswell post it here since the word Fascism has been used and thrown around here alot.

video one

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
it's a difficult word to get a good definition out of.

But i use it to describe racist capitalism.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I know this sounds bad (coming from a Mason) but I honestly believe that a large percent of a countries population does not know what is best for itself. I feel that being born into a country is not enough to elect ones leaders. My father calls it fascist, but I feel that the right to vote for elected officials should be an earned event, not an "inalienable right."

Specifically being from the US, I hate the fact that people who could not point out Iraq/ Iran/ Indonesia/ Israel (or any other country starting with an I) on a map, are more than willing to elect Officials with no concept of effective military strategy.

In my mind, that does not predate any old civilian to vote for someone that votes on a single issue with such wide sweeping policy decisions as a result.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Fascism:
1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
2. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

however an easier way to understand it goes like this.

a system that requires an enemy to stand against. with fascism once you destroy an enemy, you must find another. the morale of a country under fascism is gained by the hatred of another country. without an enemy fascism loses morale, every thing from farming to scientific study loses its purpose, becuase they are trained to think as a war machine.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I know this sounds bad (coming from a Mason) but I honestly believe that a large percent of a countries population does not know what is best for itself. I feel that being born into a country is not enough to elect ones leaders.

Yeah, it does sound pretty bad. Do most masons feel as you?

Is being born into a country and paying TAXES qualify a person to vote for the leaders that are paid by their TAXES.

God how I hate elitest, holier than thou attitudes. Now that's fascism when the leaders of the country think that the citizens are just there for their benifit, not the other way around. It's a government of arrogance. Sound familiar?

[edit on 24-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A modern example of a fascist is Iranian Pres.Ahmadinejad. He is a strong supporter of the Basiege. A militant group,used in Iran to eliminate dissent. Basiege

[edit on 24-12-2006 by rdang]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just so you guys know, Fascism does not equal racism.

Benito Mussolini invented Fascism, but he was no racist. He allied with Hitler, yes, but only because he was under pressure. The two never got along on a personal level. Mussolini though Hitler's racial ideas were absurd.

He thought that anyone could be a good Italian regardless of race.

Just thought I would point that out.

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Its whatever anyone wants it to be and as such consequently doesnt mean anything anymore.

I get called a fascist at least once a day.

Im a fascist because I dont buy into global warming.
Im a fascist because I dont want a law to force my needles into my kids.
Im a fascist because I dont believe federal programs are justified.
Im a fascist because I dont want to pay to set up drunks in a drunk welfare community.
Im a fascist because I believe the free market puts all human beings on an equal playing field.
Im a fascist because I think the corruption that makes a free market unequal doesnt go punished as firmly as it should be.
Im a fasict because I think radicals from whatever ideology want to limit my freedoms.

It doesnt mean anything yet it means everything.

Its become a stupid word to be used by stupid people. I havent heard its correct use in my lifetime and I doubt I will.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Fascism is basically a political ideal where people put loyalty to the state above everything else Wikipedia. It's basically the exact opposite of anarchy, where people pursue selfish individual interests having no regard for the well being of the state. Fascism is normally associated with the "police state", however, this is not a prerequisite only a means of forcing people to be loyal. A modern example of a fascist state would be China, which is a totalitarian nationalist fascist capitalist militaristic police state.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In the book "1984", the world in which the character lives in is facist right? Since the goverment has absolute control over everything? or am I going the wrong direction. (this in no way is meant to offend anyone
)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I know this sounds bad (coming from a Mason) but I honestly believe that a large percent of a countries population does not know what is best for itself. I feel that being born into a country is not enough to elect ones leaders.

Yeah, it does sound pretty bad. Do most masons feel as you?

Is being born into a country and paying TAXES qualify a person to vote for the leaders that are paid by their TAXES.

God how I hate elitest, holier than thou attitudes. Now that's fascism when the leaders of the country think that the citizens are just there for their benifit, not the other way around. It's a government of arrogance. Sound familiar?

[edit on 24-12-2006 by whaaa]

No I speak for myself, no one else, mason or otherwise.

I say that most people do not know what is good for themselves for a great number of reasons. One, I do not want one side dictating my countries foreign policy based on some idea of a holy crusade. Two, I do not want the other side espousing that isolationalism from a military standpoint is an effective tool of my government in the current state of world-politics.

Yes I am elitist in that I do not want some hick from Decatur, Texas (I am originally a Texan) having a say in where our countries soldiers are and why. I want professional soldiers and diplomats conducting our foreign policy. Not a bunch of politicians who move and sway on whatever pork barreled opinion crosses their desk.

new topics

top topics

join