It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it only in Islam that women are not equal? NO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

www.rense.com...

Miriam is a second-class citizen in the religion of Orthodox Judaism and even though the US media do everything they can to constantly remind Americans of tyrannical Islamic "modesty patrols" and "the low status of Muslim women," in truth Judaic women have an even lower status: "meat from the butcher shop" as the Talmud calls them.

Here is a good example in the media to show that it is not only in isalm that women are not equal to men.
Just to show that it happens everywhere in the world.
It is not good to opress women like this and in my opinion no religion can justify this.
But htere have been to many news bits about islam people doing this ONLY and that is not correct.
It happens all over and that is how the problem should be adressed.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wait, are you suggesting that somewhere women are equal to men?

[edit on 19-12-2006 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"meat from the butchers shop"

that's classic

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's funny. you find ONE article of ONE Judaic woman who gets beaten up for wanting to sit at the front of a bus and all of a sudden it's equivalent to the subjugation of women in the Muslim world

Please show me aJudaic guide written by a Rabbi describing the proper way to beat your obstinant wife.

Or...

...Show me where under Judaic belief that
raped women are at fault because they are like "uncovered meat"

Or...

...Show me a Rabbi advising a husband, whose wife said she was raped years before, that she has sinned and needs punishment

Or...

...Show me under Judaic Law that the testimony of one man equals the testimony of two women and that because of this fundamental rule, a raped women often finds herself charged with adultery; which is punishable by death from stoning

I won't even bother getting into the topic of honor killing throughout the Muslim world.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just showing that this stuff is not only a matter in the muslim world as we are led to believe it seems.

if all these topics, like womens liberation for example, are realy so important than lets discuss them from all sides.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
Just showing that this stuff is not only a matter in the muslim world as we are led to believe it seems.

if all these topics, like womens liberation for example, are realy so important than lets discuss them from all sides.

The point is, jaamaan, that in countries where Islam is the law of the land, the subjugation of women is sanctioned by the government. In this article, Miriam Shear (the victim) clearly has legal options at her disposal which she is persuing. In Islamic countries; women do not have legal recourse. There is absolutely no comparison (or equivalency) of the two.

new topics

top topics

join