It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy forces in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"Pentagon considers Navy buildup in Gulf " December 20, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Defense Department is thinking about a major buildup of U.S. Navy forces in the Gulf as a show of force against Iran, a senior defense official said Tuesday.

Speaking on condition of anonymity because the idea has not been approved, the official said one proposal is to send a second aircraft carrier to the region amid increasing tensions with Iran, blamed for encouraging sectarian violence in neighboring Iran as well as allegedly pursuing a nuclear weapons program.

Now, If I was going to have a SHOW OF FORCE to try and DETER someone, I wouldnt be plastering it over the world that the buildup is merely a 'show of force'

Its like putting padding in your clothes to make you look like youve got muslces.. but telling the bully its reallly just for show.....

What could be the purpose of 'leaking' this information into the world,

Your building forces up just to show them how strong you could be if you decided to act?

The idea of building up U.S. Navy forces has been discussed over some time, and it is unclear when a decision will be made, the official said.

So why has this official decided now's the time to 'leak' this, especially being nothings been decided as of yet.

Is this usual?
Should this be looked into?

Surely the US wouldnt start a buildup trying to dupe us all into believe its all just in case....... would they ?

Me'sa thinks this christmas period is meant to be a little bit more in depth than previous......

[edit on 19-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Already being discussed: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

join