It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm predicting an absolute shoot out where the Bears come up short.

Peyton will pump 3 TD's and 2 INT's. You see, Grossman is going to stink the place out. The Bears defense are going to put points on the board, while Grossman struggles to move the chains.

In the end, Peyton, Harrison, & Freeney are going to step up and get the job done for Tony D.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I'm predicting an absolute shoot out where the Bears come up short.

No way.... Not if the Bear's defense plays like it did on Sunday...Uh-uh

[edit on 23-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Here is my desktop, scaled way down.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here's an image for you. It's not my desktop, but maybe it ought to be-

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Very nice, I have Icky Wood signed full size helment.

I will have to take a pic and upload it.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ahh, the Ickey Shuffle. There for awhile after he retired, he was selling meat door to door in Cincy. Now I believe he's coaching a women's football team.

And might still be selling meat, for all I know.

The Shuffle rocked.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Ahh, the Ickey Shuffle. The Shuffle rocked.

That is where football begain for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't know about a shutout, the Bears defence can be awesome.

In the end, Peyton, Harrison, & Freeney are going to step up and get the job done for Tony D.

Well, heres the thing. Colts don't rely exclusively on the superstar's and special teams. In fact, they sometimes seem to use them as decoys. The Colts won't hesitate to pull tricks to get the job done.

For example, who but the Colts would have thrown to Dan Klecko during a playoff game with so much at stake? Risky, but brilliant! Handing off to rookie Joseph Addai? Don't forget all the yards gained using Clark. Who expected that?

Does Grossman, and the Bears have that kind of depth? Don't think so.

Colts over Bears by 6.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The main concern I have as far as the Bears are concerned is Rex Grossman... You never know what you are going to get with this guy. There is no consistency at all. He didn't play spectacularly against the Saints...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
...and in all fairness, Manning hasn't been the epitome of consistency in the playoffs, either.

The Bears have had periods where they looked less than stellar. Remember the Monday Night game against Arizona? I doubt if the Bears could've come back an won that game against any other NFL team. The Cards gift wrapped that one. And it was worth it to see Denny Green's meltdown. "GO AHEAD! CROWN 'EM!!

It's going to boil down to who shows up with their A game. I'm confident Dungy will have them ready. He's sure had more playoff experience than Lovey. The Colts have more playoff experience than the Bears. Both of these teams have looked very vulnerable at different times this season.

Could be a tight game, could be a blowout to either side.

I predict a tight game with the Colts on top by less than a touchdown.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The Bears have had periods where they looked less than stellar. Remember the Monday Night game against Arizona? I doubt if the Bears could've come back an won that game against any other NFL team. The Cards gift wrapped that one. And it was worth it to see Denny Green's meltdown. "GO AHEAD! CROWN 'EM!!

Oh, the first game I had actually watched this season of the Bear's was against Green Bay...I think it may have been...It was either Christmas or New Years' Eve...and they looked pathetic... All I could think was, "Boy, this doesn't look like a Super Bowl team to me."

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You guys are saying that the Bears aren't a Super Bowl team? During the Colts v. Pats game on Sunday nite, the Colts did not even look like a team that desevered to be in the playoffs. To be down by as much as eighteen points in the second quarter really said it. But there is one thing that the Colts did that the Bears didn't do during their game. That is come back and actually win the game.

By the way,

Big
to Tom Brady for blowing another playoff game

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
GimmieFootball, I certainly was Cheering for Indy in that game...I am so tired of NEW ENGLAND...
I mean, I am somewhat partial to New England but...to be honest...let someone else win the Super Bowl for the next fifteen years or so...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400

By the way,

Big

Well that make 2 if I'm correct. As in 12-2. Montana himself didn't have that glorious a playoff record.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For all of you who doubt Grossman... welcome to my world.
however...
Quarterback? We don't need no stinking quarterback!

The thing 'bout being from Chicago is that accidents happen... or so my old man tells me. I sure as hell ain't going there to find out... it's been too cold for my blood in California lately.

Speaking of being from California, am I the only one here who is totally thrilled that the Chargers blew it? If the Raiders are gonna suck, I don't see why ANYONE in CA should be happy.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Big

Blowing another? I believe he has the greatest record of all-time in the playoffs.

Not to mention the fact he actually played a good game. The first half, he literally picked apart the Indy defense. His offensive line was not letting the likes of Freeney get near him, and he had plenty of time to move the ball around. In the second half, I think the offensive line was alittle mediocre which resulted in some hurried throws. He didn't throw a pick until there was 22 seconds left on the clock, which did not make much of a difference because they were in rough shape at that point.

On the notion that Brady blew the game, I'd have to highly disagree. I think it is a credit to Peyton for mounting the charge he did. Manning's second half was one for the ages.

And the final "drive" will go down in history with Montana's "Pass" & Elways "Drive".

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I thank God New England got beat...Really... I am tired of them...Like I said,it's time to let some other team go to the Super Bowl for the next fifteen years or so. Then if New england wants to make another appearance,they can have at it.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Da Bears will take it all and I am willing to wager. I will give you 3 points.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was hoping my Broncos would get in, but...

I'm picking Indianapolis.

They'll walk all over the Bears.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The bears defense and special teams will win this game for them.
Bears by 10.

Peyton is the new Marino.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join