It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
EA has done their simulation which has predicted an Indy romp and the Saints taking a close victory on a late Reggie Bush touchdown.

Indy Vs. Saints!

At least they got it right!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Tomorrow is the big day. My couch and I are going to be the best of friends.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

EA has done their simulation which has predicted an Indy romp and the Saints taking a close victory on a late Reggie Bush touchdown.

Indy Vs. Saints!

At least they got it right!

Now let's see if the Patriots and Bears will go along with this simulation.

I'm not. 2 close games and I'm still taking the Pats vs Saints.

BTW Rodney Harrison has been practicing and is listed as "doubtful". That tells me he'll be playing nickle and dime situations.
It's good to get your best DB back vs the Colts.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The day is upon us.

Bears & Saints in the early match while Brady&Manning do battle this evening.

May your couch be soft,
the beer be cold,
and the reception be crisp.

* chissler takes a moment of silence

Edit:

Note to intrepid, Harrison has been downgraded from "Doubtful" to "Out".

...Such a shame.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well Chicago is off to Miami. It's quite clear why New Orleans lost. Turnovers were the biggest factor in this game. A great season after almost two years of adversity faced by few. Reggie Bush showed some greatness, but that was one of the lone bright spots, on the rare plays where he did break out.

Brady or Manning. Who is it going to be?

Two Sundays from now is going to be a defining moment for several people. If Grossman wins, his inconsistency will be forever forgotten. Well, until next season. If Manning wins, he will go down as one of the all-time greats with very little doubt or shadows casting over him. If either lose, the already existing reputations will be solidified that much more. And with Brady, his reputation is already in stone. Win or Lose, Brady is one of the all-time greats as it is. His record stands for itself.

Peyton, Rex... What is it going to be?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well Chicago is off to Miami. It's quite clear why New Orleans lost. Turnovers were the biggest factor in this game. A great season after almost two years of adversity faced by few. Reggie Bush showed some greatness, but that was one of the lone bright spots, on the rare plays where he did break out.

Our boys played hard, but I sympathize with anyone that had to deal with those temperatures/that precipitation when adjusted to a New Orleans climate. Reggie Bush did some beautiful plays, but darn it! Brees, my man through it all, he just didn't deal with this game very well. That intentional grounding of the ball with that stupid 2pt. penalty just lowered my morale immediately. We had those bears shaking in their skins at the beginning of the second half. Then?

[edit on 1/21/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Ceeeelleeebrate Goood Times! ...C'Mon! Celebrate!

Peyton, the big dog, is finally heading to the show.

Chicago's defense does concern me, but I think we are in fine shape. My bigger concern right now is Indy's defense for portions of last night's content. Brady was simply picking them apart and it was embarrassing. Not to mention the Special Teams. 80, 40, 30 yard returns on kick offs, I mean.. Damn!

Let's sit back and let the story lines roll in.

We've got 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Finally The COLTS are going to the Superbowl. YAY

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Da Bears will take it all! GO BEARS! God's team = DA BEARS!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just thought I'd quote myself from the 15th-

Originally posted by yeahright
This'll be the year we finally knock that Pat monkey off our backs. Then it's on to Miami to face the Bears. Saints have had a good run, but I believe the Bears will take them.

Colts-Bears in the Super Bowl. I can't wait.

Ahem...Colts!Colts!Colts!

It's going to be an epic battle. Colts an early favorite by 7 points. I think the Colts will win (of course) but I'd be tempted to take the points on that bet.

BTW Intrepid - I remember last year (2005 actually) an Ask Intrepid thread where I proposed a question about the Colts being in the Super Bowl and your response was along the lines of ..."when hell freezes over."

Well I guess Hitler's passing out the ice skates now, Bubba!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Frankly, the NFL is luck Tony D's son killed himself or it won be two in a row. It REALLY hurt the colts last year.

Growing up in Indy and living in Chicago for 5 years makes it very rewarding to me. Next year I would like to see the Bengals and Bears. One can Dream.

Go Colts!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Frankly, the NFL is luck Tony D's son killed himself or it won be two in a row. It REALLY hurt the colts last year.

I agree and disagree. I don't think it's "luck" but this year, more than most, it was anybody's to take. No real dominant team like with the 49ers dominant years, or Dallas, or the '85 Bears. Those years when you just knew who was"supposed" to win and it would take a big fluke for them to lose. Like the Colts in '68. I absolutely agree that if not for the tragedy in Dungy's family last year, this could very easily be a two-in-a-row performance this year.

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Growing up in Indy and living in Chicago for 5 years makes it very rewarding to me. Next year I would like to see the Bengals and Bears. One can Dream.

Before the Colts came to Indy, I was a huge Bears fan. Through all the lean years with Butkus, and Bobby Douglass as a QB leading the team in rushing. Watched the Bears every Sunday on channel 8, without fail. Growing up, my second favorite team was the Baltimore Colts and Johnny U. So this is a big deal for me, as well.

Have any familiarity with Clermont? I've been a west side guy the majority of my life. Lived in Clermont since I got married in '88.

Go Colts!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I grew up in Lawrence, lived most my life on 38th and shadland to post rd. Went to school At Warren Central, A few years after Jeff G. Moved out to Speedway for a couple months, then moved to Chicago for 5/6years.

My first memories of football are the Bengals Super bowls. I think I grew fond of the Bengals, they are and always be my number one team. I have much loyalty to the Colts number 2 and Tha Bears #3. It really a great time for All football fans.

I think something just as exciting and a bit overshadowed is the first and second African American coaches in the Superbowl.

intrepid.. You can come out, it is ok. Really, you shouldn't be so greedy. 3out of 5 is dang good. I really felt the dread in the first Quarter, I almost turned it off.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well I have to congratulate Manning for finally making it to the big show. I was beginning to wonder if he ever would. I tell you, the first half of the game of Indianapolis and New England had me a bit worried. However,Indy pulled it out in the end.

The Chicago and New Orleans game. well, what can I say? I knew that playing in Chicago was hard enough, but when I heard that it was cold and then it started to snow, I felt like that pretty much wiped out any chance the Saints had going into that game. Anyway, Saints hada great year. The weather just wasn't in their favor.

I am going to make a prediction that many are not going to like.

While I'd like to see Indianapolis win one, if the Bears' defense plays the way that it did against the Saints, I don't see Indianapolis winning.

My prediction:

Chicago Bear 20
Indianapolis Colts 10

[edit on 22-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

My prediction:

Chicago Bear 20
Indianapolis Colts 10

That's excellent. I seriously hope the national media follow your lead. The Colts were supposed to be hammered for about 600 yards by Larry Johnson when they played KC. Then we had no shot at all of beating Baltimore in Baltimore unless Manning played flawlessly. Well, Manning was off Big Time and we never scored a touchdown. And won.

Then yesterday, everyone knew the Patriots had the Colts' number and we didn't have a prayer. Manning would choke, and Brady would have his way with an Indy defense (again) who had been playing over their heads for weeks.

So now, the more I hear the Bears are superior and are going to slap the Colts around, the better I like their chances.

And SC, with all respect to your allegiance to the Bengals, if I ever have a chance to nail Chris Collinsworth with a forearm shiver...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Stepping in to eat my crow.............. with a glass of lager of course. :w:

The early game sucked, not entertaining at all. If you're going to lay the ball on the ground 4 times NO team can win. The Bears stepped up to the plate. Well done.

NOW, the late game was EXCELLENT, VERY entertaining. One question though, am I the only one that thought that the late roughing the passer penalty was bogus?

OK, 7-3 in the playoffs.

My pick for the Superbowl?

Indy.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
One question though, am I the only one that thought that the late roughing the passer penalty was bogus?

Yes.

Originally posted by intrepid
My pick for the Superbowl?

Indy.

Dude, you're jinxing us!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
intrepid, taking it like a man.

I'm not prepared to criticize any of the officials of last nights game. Man there was three or four calls that were literally, *bang*bang, and they got them right every time. The near pass interference in the end zone where Wayne tripped over his own feet. The Pats WR in the back of the end zone trying to stay in bounds to pick up the TD.

They did a helluva game, in my opinion.

I think Brady, overall, played a better game. But Peyton stepped up when the game was on the line. Even though he absolutely stunk it out in the first half. Samuels was looking like Ty Law out there, and Manning knew it.

ed: typo

[edit on 22-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Go Bears!

Predicition

Bears 28

Colts 17

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm guessing that the Colts give the ball away twice in the first half and don't score a touchdown in the first half either.

The Bears fight a losing battle for field position throughout the first quarter with their running game not quite doing it at 3rd and short because Grossman shows some nerves early on and isn't a threat.
They figure it out in the 2nd quarter, get their passing game together, and score the first touchdown.

At the half it's 14-6 Bears.

The Bears offense starts to sputter again in the 3rd, their defense starts getting tired, and late in the 3rd or early in the 4th Manning begins to pick them apart.

It's 17-20 Colts mid to late in the 4th and the bears know that they're dead if they don't score one on defense. I'd like to think that they do. Final score, 24-20 Bears.

Just for the record, I've been wrong about almost everything all season long... no problem though. By my reasoning, I'm due.

Edit to add: I expect a WATS from everyone who doubts me on the outside chance that I'm 100% right.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by The Vagabond]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join