It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
i PRAY that the Cowboys fall hard. I am a Bill Parcells hater!!!

:shk: I suspect that it has something to do with him being a coach for the Patriots previously.. By the way, you can mark it down, before Parcell's leaves Dallas, he will have another ring. Mark it down.
I like the Patriots, but to be honest, I hope they don't go back to the Bowl. It's becoming monotonous. :shk:

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Agree with that speaker. Pats are a solid organization, but they've had their time, and seem to lack any real personality or marketability IMHO. I want to see a new team take the crown this year.

Agree with the Raiders comments. They are an embarrassment to the west coast this year.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I LOVED Parcells as the coach out here....until he decided to make a circus atmosphere the week prior to the Pats getting their butts kicked by the Packers. (the Packers were a better team that year and deserved to win) Parcells should have kept his mouth shut about leaving the Pats until AFTER that superbowl.

He disrespected the team before and after that and I never forgave him for it. I will however, give him the deserved credit for being one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Anyway...I was routing for the Cowboys until they benched Bledsoe.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Anyway...I was routing for the Cowboys until they benched Bledsoe.

What choice did they have? The guy is finished. He's a statue in the pocket and the Cowboys have improved since his benching. Bledsoe is like Favre, he should give it up. He has had his day in the sun. Now it is setting.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Bledsoe is like Favre, he should give it up.

Speaking ill of Brett Favre is a punishable offense. I think it's considered law in four or five states. Well, one atleast.

As much as I agree with the Bledsoe statement, I disagree with the Farve comparison. Yeah Brett has come under some rough times, but he has no team around him whatsoever. Bledsoe had a core of receivers to throw the ball to. Favre has what?

We (Packers) have had a respectable season thus far. Better than I had anticipated. I do agree, Brett should hang them up, but it's not due to lack of talent on his own part. If he were on a better team, he would have another season or two in him. But I'd rather see him retire then wear another jersey.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Favre lives by the sword and dies by it as well. He goes all out and it can either lead to phenomenal stats or phenomenal mistakes. I will agree though, the guy is trying to carry the entire team by himself, and no matter how amazing an athlete is, they cannot do it all alone.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I didn't say Bledsoe was good....I just hoped the best for him. He was a class act here in New England. He left here with his head held high.

Question though...what good is a slew of talented wide receivers for a pocket passer with no offensive line? The Bills and Dallas both didn't compliment Drew with a strong offensive line. Happened for several seasons when he played for the Pats as well.

Anywho....my heart is with the Pats...my wallet is with the Chargers.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The Bills and Dallas both didn't compliment Drew with a strong offensive line. Happened for several seasons when he played for the Pats as well.

my heart is with the Pats...my wallet is with the Chargers.

Well, it is true that the Cowboys line is a problem spot, which is precisely why Dallas opted for Romo. The guy can move out of the pocket.

My heart is with the Cowboys, but my wallet is on the Bears.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

but my wallet is on the Bears.

How much money is in that wallet?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
49ers? Anyone? ...Anyone? ...Anyone? Bueller?

Maybe next year intrepid.

But if were placing bets on the Bears, I want in on that. As good as they are, the inconsistency of Grossman doesn't leave them a prayer. They may get through the NFC, but they'll be nothing more than in the way come Super Bowl time.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
San Diego Chargers 35

Chicago Bears 21

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Agree Chissler-They say defense wins championships, but you have to at least have a decent offense to back them up. Bears = great D, sub par O.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Growing up in Nap, I have to put my money on the colts, even tho they have not proven them selves as finishers.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
San Diego Chargers 35

Chicago Bears 21

OR:

Chargers 42

Saints 13.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Growing up in Nap, I have to put my money on the colts, even tho they have not proven them selves as finishers.

Running D sucks BIG time. No chance. You can throw the ball all day but if you can't control the clock it's over. Unless you're Bellechek. Unfortunately even he doesn't have enough to work with this year. Out in the second round.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Or Cowboys 28
Chargers 10

You all keep talking about how much better the AFC teams are than the NFC is this year. Ahem, the Cowboys have a 3-1 record against the AFC. Thank ya, Thank ya.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am going out on a limb here, but here is who I'd like to see.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Or Cowboys 28
Chargers 10

You all keep talking about how much better the AFC teams are than the NFC is this year. Ahem, the Cowboys have a 3-1 record against the AFC. Thank ya, Thank ya.

Unfortunately they haven't played quality AFC teams:

www.nfl.com...

The best was Indy and that really isn't close to being the best.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Indianapolis doesn't have it. Sorry folks. Unfortuantely, Dallas doesn't seem to either, but I can always hope.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Intrepid that is probably true. However, to be fair, Jacksonville should have never beat Dallas. Dallas pissed away a 10-0 lead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join