It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
Da Bears will take it all and I am willing to wager. I will give you 3 points.

I'll take the Colts & give you 13 points.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

I'll take the Colts & give you 13 points.

Have ya lost your mind?
I'd certainly take that bet and win by 20... In all honesty, if both teams play a composite copy of the games they played on Sunday, the Colts won't beat Chicago...

[edit on 24-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekherham
I was hoping my Broncos would get in, but...

The Broncos ?
Yak... Although the Cowboys are my first love,I am also somewhat partial to the Cleveland Browns... so here's an extra
for the Broncos..

[edit on 24-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Stepping in to eat my crow.............. with a glass of lager of course. :w:

I had ordered you another helping of

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
John Elway is remembered as one of the greatest QB's of all time. Everyone has forgotten the Elway-Marino comparisons that went on for so many years. So good, but no rings. Then Elway managed to get a ring. All of the sudden the critics were silenced. When Peyton gets his ring next Sunday, he will be remembered as the greatest QB of all time. Brett Favre, he managed to get to the Bowl twice. Beat the Pats and lost to Elway. If he had of lost both times, he would not be ranked where he is. One ring changes everything. Peytons reputation will dictate that when he wins and everyone rants and raves how amazing he is.

Peyton will retire with "almost" every record for a QB and he will be supporting at least one ring. The only record he won't touch is the iron man streak. Nobody will touch that.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is just one little record that Mr. Manning may never break. That is, Favre's record for consecutive starts by a quarterback. Favre keeps on playin', that total is just going to get higher and higher.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
super bowl... im going with the colts... bears are going to get smashed

its about time peyton gets his glory time for all the hard work he put in...

COLTS ALL THE WAY
BABY

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HondaCivic
super bowl... im going with the colts... bears are going to get smashed

You have got to be kidding... The Colts may win, they might, but to think that they are going to "smash" the Bears or beat them by more than a touchdown is kind of silly to me. It won't happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm throwing my opinion out there that Da Bears are going to win it. They really are a very good team. If Grossman plays a good game, then I think Chicago will be holding a parade.
I don't know what it is about Indy, but I just can't warm up to them. I take nothing away from Manning and the Colts, but I just don't like them.

Bears 24 Colts 21

So it is written, so it is done.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Bears are a good team. They remind me of Pittsburgh last year. Far from the best team in the playoffs, but they manage to get the job done. As for their record, well, I think it resembles their schedule. Neither team should be underrated.

Offense? Not even close. Grossman could not tie Peyton's shoes, I say that with no exaggeration.

Coaching? I'm a fan of Smith, but Tony D is second to none.

Defense? This one could go either way. Urlacher is an amazing athlete. But I'm going with Freeney on this one.

Kicking? Do I need to even waste my time?

Look at it like this. Peyton Manning, on a bad day, is better than Rex Grossman on a good day.

This one is long over due for Peyton.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Offense? Not even close. Grossman could not tie Peyton's shoes, I say that with no exaggeration.

Defense? This one could go either way. Urlacher is an amazing athlete. But I'm going with Freeney on this one.

I agree with the offensive end of it, but defense... Pffft.. Indy can't even come close to the Bears' defense... Not even close in my honest opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ohh chissler, I hope you're right. The one thing that scares me the most - this game's being played on real grass. Every game the Colts have had trouble with this year was on real grass. They're a speed team and have been built to play indoors on turf.

The Colts have a very undersized D, but they're extremely fast. The grass negates that advantage. The much bigger Bears O-line will find it easier to push their way around on grass. Freeney and the Colts D are murderous on turf, but grass eliminates some of that speed advantage.

Naturally, I'm predicting a Colts win. But I always do, and so far this year I've been wrong only 4 times.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Something people are quick to forget is that offenses win divisions, but defenses win championships..

What made teams like the 49ers in the 80s and the Cowboys in the 90s great was the fact that they were balanced... Neither the Bears nor Indianapolis have that balance..

The Bears have a super defense and a good to mediocre,depending on which Grossman decides to play, offense.

The Colts have a good offense and a mediocre defense...

Now, unless there is a big defensive letdown on the part of the Bears end, I really don't see Indianapolis being able to move the ball much. Certainly not if the Bears' defense plays like it did against the Saints.. The Saints offense is very comparable to the Colts' offense... Now, I will admit that the weather played a part in the Saints game,but I still don't see the Saints, even in dry,mild conditions, winning that game against the Bears' defense.

I'd like to see Indy win it, in a way. I really don't care who wins it. Alas, I don't think it's going to happen.

My money is on the Bears... Who will I root for? Well, since I don't plan on betting,
I'll probably cheer for Indy... If I were going to bet, my money would certainly be on the Bears

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The Colts have a good offense and a mediocre defense...

From reading your posts, it is quite clear you know and understand the game. But then you have to go and say something like that. Mediocre defense, yeah I can handle that. But "good" offense?

Peyton is "the" best QB of all-time. He is on pace to shred the record book. Marvin Harrison is probably the best Wide Receiver in the league, and Reggie Wayne is probably the most underrated.. next to Harrison. Rhodes has shown a tremendous ability to move the chains and control the clock, and well, Vinatieri alone pushes an offense from "good" to "very good". Throw Peyton, Harrison, Wayne, And Rhodes into the mix and you have nothing short of "amazing".

Indy... Offense... Good... :shk:

All in good fun. I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm full prepared to eat a serving or two of my own posts, and I hope others are as well.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Oh boy oh boy, what are the chances that 'Mr. Money Shot' Vinatieri wins a fourth Super Bowl? Only this time it won't be with the Evil Empire known as the New England Patriots.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I was hoping he would plug a fourth quarter field goal with no time on the clock to eliminate the Pats. Would of been fitting.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm full prepared to eat a serving or two of my own posts, and I hope others are as well.

Not me. In the event of the worst-case scenario, I'm preparing a monograph that blames the refs.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Bears 24 Colts 21

I may have to agree with you on that lombozo. I can see it now, Robbie Gould is good with a 45 yard kick and with no time on the clock to win it for Da Bears.

Chris Farley maybe smilin' upstairs if that happens.

[edit on 1/30/2007 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It should be a good game.. Let's hope that it's not one-sided like so many "Super Bowls" in the past have tended to be..

Like I said,

I think it will be...

Chicago Bears 20
Indianapolis 10

It may come down to a field goal.... I think if it does, the advantage is probably Indy's, but if Chicago gets a head by 10 or more, it's over... That's just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Your holding Indy & Peyton to 10 points. I know I am fully prepared to eat my words, but SoT I hope you are too. I see them lighting up the Bears. I've said it before, the Bears defense will put up a substantial percent of the Bears points on Sunday.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join