It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So I have never really talked about this with anyone so I thought I might share my experience here. One night about 3-4 years back I was outside my parents home meeting a friend who was coming by to drop off some things he had packed for a vacation we were going on the next day. I was standing in my driveway waiting for him to arrive (about 1am cst). I was just looking at the sky and in the Northern sky I saw a bright light. It wasn't a disc. The shape of the light was elliptical and if you were to hold a dime about a foot and a half away from your face thats about how large this light was in the sky. I don't really know how close or far away it was because I had no point of reference in the sky. The center of the "light" was a bright white color, surrounded by a blueish purple outer glow. It hung around in the same spot for about 10 seconds. I honestly didn't think too much of it until it took off. For any of you have seen star wars when the ships literally fly so fast into oblivion they just disappear, this was the same way. One minute the light was there the next it literally shot off into the farthest reaches of space faster than I have seen any object ever move. Take it for what its worth but this is pretty much my experience. I don't know what is out there but I know something is.

has anyone here experienced something similar, I do not claim this to be an end all be all sign of proof, but am more or less just looking for some additional input from you guys/gals.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by BluByWho]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes ive had a few similar experinces..i need to be brief so here iis one...it was around 6 pm on the east coast..and my mom had just left home..a few seconds after she had gone i went outside to see how far she had gotten(dont ask why)..i went to the front on my apartment building..and all the sudden a saw a bright white light in the distance..i couldnt tell how far it was but like you said it was about and arms reach with a dime...it wasnt a disc either but more like a pulsating orb with a yellowish color surronding the white center...i kept watching it until it dematieralized into nothing..the thing is, it was moving from left to right..which means it wasnt getting further away,it was just shrinking into nothing.

So i see you like racing huh...you should check out game for playstation2 called Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero..its the best street racing game ever and its more realistic then any other racing game...and it based off of real illegal street racing on tokyo highways.

id liike to talk with you more btu i need to go...Ill be back later

Peace!!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Not debunking your experience, but I've had two similar instances, one that absolutely BLEW ME AWAY. The first one I found out was a rocket launched from the airbase in San Jose, the other I was playing soccer, the whole field stopped and started tripping, but then it turned into a rocket too.

But man, for those brief seconds, amazing! The color, brightness etc sounds exactly like what I saw the first time, but hey, never know ;-)

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yes BBW, I have seen pretty much what you described except it was a silver/grey color and disappeared into a cloud.

I see that you are fairly new here and I would like to warn you that there are some on the forums that are extremely threatened by UFO reports and will likly tell you that you were hallucinating, on drugs or drunk, saw something completely explainable, swampgas, hot air balloon, seagull, demon/angel or new technology.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm sure there will be the naysayers but I saw what I saw, but I'm sure thats how most feel. It doesnt make me special, gifted or above anybody.

Also there was no noise at all, perfectly quiet and clear night. I don't think it was a rocket, I have seen a rocket fire before, also the colors would have been odd for it to be a rocket, along with the shape. Oh well, it is what it is I just wanted to share!

Oh yeah it didnt make any sound either.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There are quite a few UFO sightings like these, the shape you describe and all, and rockets can't increase speed like you explain it, or hower. Remember that many people here will do anythingt to debunk, some will go very far to try to explain it in a "reasionable" way. All i can say is, is that what you saw is most likely an alien spacecraft.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ignore the naysayers. I've even seen these sort of things too. exept mine was moving fast. low to the ground, and orangy red. But an orb underintelligent control, glowing and then moving out of sight in a second or so's time.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't really know how close or far away it was because I had no point of reference in the sky. The center of the "light" was a bright white color, surrounded by a blueish purple outer glow. It hung around in the same spot for about 10 seconds. I honestly didn't think too much of it until it took off. For any of you have seen star wars when the ships literally fly so fast into oblivion they just disappear, this was the same way. One minute the light was there the next it literally shot off into the farthest reaches of space faster than I have seen any object ever move.

That does sound very similar to a rocket launch.

I've seen similar things and it did look like a UFO (well it was, since it was 'unidentified', at least to me). The bright white color is of course the rocket engine itself,and the blue-purple outerglow is the effect of glowing gas which is in some kind of 'parabola' or sheath emenating from the rocket engine but much wider. (a shock wave?) You don't see this in the lower atmosphere, but you do in the upper atmosphere. Look at some representative footage, but note that rockets can look quite different depending on their configuration and fuel.

Rockets and the interactions with the upper atmosphere give many bizzare and cool visual effects which many people would imagine to be a "saucer" or UFO.

Regarding the dispapearance, you probably saw the extinction of a rocket stage, perhaps an ejection, and a course correction. Rockets do start to go very fast as they reach orbit, with very dramatic acceleration. Just a small change in course (from being 'away' from you, which results in a near immobile outlook) can make that dramatic "going away" from you effect. Remember, that to get into orbit, they eventually need to fly "sideways" relative to the Earth's surface: they start out going vertical but higher up, as they increase in speed they curve.

I have no idea what you saw, but it is not incompatible with a rocket launch.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just two questions.

Originally posted by BluByWho
The shape of the light was elliptical and if you were to hold a dime about a foot and a half away from your face thats about how large this light was in the sky.

Was it a vertical or a horizontal ellipse?

One minute the light was there the next it literally shot off into the farthest reaches of space faster than I have seen any object ever move.

In which direction did it disappeared?

[edit on 19/12/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
it was horizontal.

I live near Chicago, looking directly north, the object traveled to the northwest. It made what i would call a "tracer" shaped almost like a backwards J and like I said before shot off into the blackest of night nearly instantly.

The way it took off is what really led me to believe this was other worldly. I have seen nothing in my life move at these speeds, that is whats so intriguing about the sighting. Sure a missle may come up hover for a second and head to its destination. This object just sat for literally 10 seconds in the sky and took off as I have described. I can understand your missle theory, but I have seen missles get launched, this was not a missle. I don't claim to know what it was but i know what it was not.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've seen something as you described as well. Especially the ellipse of light which appeared to be nearly stationary for many seconds, and the bizzare other features. I was thinking that maybe I really did see something from another planet.

When I looked it up it turned out to correspond exactly to a test of a missile from Vandenberg.

Remember that things that you see may not be the craft itself, but glowing remnants of stuff in the upper atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

join