It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another new forum -- U.S. Sports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
wow... look at this... another new forum on BTS.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh man.........thanks.

This website is really gonna blow up now!

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Now we're cooking with some heat!

Cars, trucks, sports... A bikini babe forum and we'll have our own little internet "Man's Show."

[edit on 19/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I find it funny that you think the US deserves it's own category and the "rest of the world" deserves it's own... Guess I'll be posting in the "World" sports category then even though Canadian sports more resembles "American" sports
BTW Do not expect rationality on this issue.

Why can't we just have a regular "sports" category.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
SO gave us the 'World Sports' forum so Americans can run smack, within reason of course, on soccer err..............I mean tripping................and cricket.

That's really it I think, are there any other world sports?

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I find it funny that you think the US deserves it's own category and the "rest of the world" deserves it's own...

I presonally enjoy "global" sports more... but our traffic is about 75% U.S.-based.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
...soccer...

What is this "soccer" of which you speak?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
What is this "soccer" of which you speak?

It's this game with guys in shorts who run around aimlessly until one of them fakes an injury and is carried off the field. Sometimes one of them will inadvertently kick a ball into a net then they all run around some more celebrating from the complete shock of it. If you're lucky, you might not be snoozing when this happens, but I wouldn't count on it.

Pretty boring. I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ah, I understand now. I was confusing it with a game where all the players are built like 300lbs gorillas yet they still have to wear protective padding and helmets like big girlie-men. The game starts after the lead girlie-man yells a series of random numbers at the other men who are all bending over pointing their padded asses at him. Once he has finished yelling out the numbers, the men all start pushing and hugging each other until someone hugs the man who yelled the numbers, at which point the cycle starts again. This is repeated until one of the men manages to carry a croissant-shaped ball onto a patch of grass the size of an Olympic swimming pool, at which point he will perform some breakdance/gymnastics maneuvers for the judges before kicking the croissant ball through a giant tuning fork. The game can only be understood and enjoyed after consuming large quantities of a weak, beer-like substance called Budweiser.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Ah, I understand now.

Good, I'm glad we cleared that up. Of course, your terminology is a little flawed what with all the girlie-men hugging and all, attributable I'm sure to your over-exposure to a sissy game like "soccer".

>me>

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
...a sissy game like "soccer"

Never heard of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I believe we will see a big increase in BTS posts. Sports has been an untapped resource on ATS. I'm very excited with these new Forums.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is great! Since I started contributing to ATS again I've lost touch with the wonderful world of sports more and more. It's just too much effort to open a new window and type in a new URL. I don't think I even remember what NCAA stands for. I'm surprised that we got a "Love and Relationships" forum before we got a "Sports" forum, but whatever. I've been getting in touch with my feminine side whilst I patiently awaited the "Sports" forum. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's nice to see that there is interest in sports here. However, I have to ask, why did you never come over to Sportztawk and signup? There was a link right on the main BTS page.

Thank you for saving the discussions, SO.

~Gibbs Baby!!!

new topics

top topics

join