It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologize to El-Masri!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
For some reason, all the media coverage surrounding Khalid El-Masri has died off. Why is this? I somewhat expected the mainstream media to forget all about him, but not ATS! Hell, there's only two other threads that merely mention El-Masri. Just two! Come on people!

Since this issue is being ignored by the rest of the mainstream media, here's a little refresher:

www.wvec.com...
In his lawsuit, el-Masri alleges he was mistakenly identified as an associate of the Sept. 11 hijackers and was kidnapped while attempting to enter Macedonia on Dec. 31, 2003. He claims he was flown to a CIA-run prison known as the "salt pit" in Kabul, where he was beaten and sodomized with a foreign object during five months in captivity.

"It is not exaggerated to say the conditions were not fit for human beings at all," el-Masri told reporters outside the courthouse. "After five months, they simply took me back and dropped me like a piece of luggage in the woods of Albania and said they didn't want to know anything about this, they didn't want to hear anything about this anymore."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The man isn't even looking for much--just an apology, and an explanation for why he was treated the way he was! Initially, he didn't even care to seek monetary compensation, but with the CIA's obstinance, he'll probably change that position. Even if they're not willing to give an explanation, just freaking apologize. It's not that hard.

Apologize to El-Masri!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

The man isn't even looking for much--just an apology, and an explanation for why he was treated the way he was! Initially, he didn't even care to seek monetary compensation, but with the CIA's obstinance, he'll probably change that position. Even if they're not willing to give an explanation, just freaking apologize. It's not that hard.

Apologize to El-Masri!

Well, I can tell you why he was treated this way....

9/11

Apologise for 9/11 first...

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

9/11

He had nothing to do with 9/11. He's an innocent person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is that what we do now in our fanatical quest to fight terrorism--round up innocent people?

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 12/19/2006 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Saying sorry admits guilt.

The only person to reply to this cant even achnowledge this man without bringing up sept11.

look at the disgraceful position the country, and its citizens have been put into.

even when you were hit 5 years ago.. u cant find any decency to apologise and accept that some people you accused simply because they are muslim wernt involved.

bah, Americas image can not be tarnished any further................

All people do now is tarnish there own self dignity, when they continue to follow this HANEOUS course.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

9/11

let me guess

El-Masri is some sort of "islamofascist" responsible for an attack on the united states orchestrated by people that he obviously knew because they share the same religion

am i right?

XphilesPhan, why does he have to apologize?
does every single muslim have to apologize for it?
if so, does every christian have to apologize for all the atrocities committed in the name of christianity?

EDIT: as an american citizen i'd like to apologize for the actions my government took against El-Masri

[edit on 12/19/06 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
IMO this is really simple.

If the guy was involved in 9/11 in some capacity, he should have been tried and if convicted I bet most people wouldn't have a problem with him being treated like crap.

HOWEVER, that did not happen, did it...

If they picked up the wrong guy (and that does happen sometimes) just admit it, apologize and move on.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
He had nothing to do with 9/11. He's an innocent person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is that what we do now in our fanatical quest to fight terrorism--round up innocent people?

And I had nothing to do with the way he was treated....

Staff Edit: Repaired quote tags.

[edit on 12/19/2006 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Why should any american not directly involved apologise to him? double standards?

My main point is that MUSLIMS used their RELIGION as an excuse to attack us. So why should we not target that religion since it was the fuel for the attack?

Why are you such an apologist for muslims?

Granted we have slaughtered countless numbers of muslim radicals in retailiation, does that mean we should apologise for giving them a taste of their own medicine?

And dont even bother rebutting with that lame excuse, "christians have their own terrorist groups." While this may be true, they are not currently engaged in warfare on 2/3's of the planet. They do not preach hatred to children or tell them it is "glorious" to die in the name of their God by killing innocent civilians. They do not hijack aircraft and crash them into buildings killing thousands of people. Christians do not advocate the annihilation of a race of people. Christians do not impose laws on women that are oppresive or threaten them with stoning. Christians do not execute homosexuals. Do I really need to go any further?

your support for islam is a poor facade for your anti-religious sentiments because you are, in fact, supporting the very thing you despise, and a very backwards and unprogressive form of it to boot.

I have tried to educate your ilk; I have tried to show you that we are in a struggle not only of ideas, but for our way of life. you may complain now because of a christmas tree in your favorite shopping center, but what are you going to do when they start insisting your friends and family follow sharia law? when they threaten to kill your friends and family? When they oppress your female relatives and friends? What are you going to do when it is too damn late?

And please dont tell me my fears are unfounded, one only needs to look to france and the UK to see the true nature of things to come. Stop thinking about the way things are today and imagine a tommorow with islam.

Then maybe you will put the kool aid down and figure out ultra-liberalism is a failing ideaology among muslim radicals.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

[edit on 19-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Why should any american not directly involved apologise to him? double standards?

My main point is that MUSLIMS used their RELIGION as an excuse to attack us. So why should we not target that religion since it was the fuel for the attack?

I'm not apologizing to him because I'm not the one that needs to apologize. The CIA does.

And the religion is only part of the problem. The other part is religious extremists. There are many moderate Muslims around the world, and we should do as much as we can to garner their support against the extremists.

Why are you such an apologist for muslims?

I don't think he was apologizing for Muslims, and neither am I. We're speaking out against radicalism like yours that rounds up innocent people, tortures them, and doesn't even offer an apology. It doesn't matter if those innocents are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, or Sikh--they deserve an apology for the treatment they went through.

Granted we have slaughtered countless numbers of muslim radicals in retailiation, does that mean we should apologise for giving them a taste of their own medicine?

So two wrongs make a right? It's okay for us to be monsters towards all Muslims because some radical groups of Muslims were monsters towards us? If you murdered my family, should I murder your family, even if they had nothing to do with the crime?

Here's a hypothetical: Let's say you're an Arabic Christian, and you get mistaken for one of those Muslim terrorists, and you're tortured, and when they release you, they release you in the middle of nowhere with no apology, no money, and without even cleaning you up, so the locals also think you're some shaggy terrorist. Isn't it possible you might start thinking the Americans deserve the terrorism wrought upon it? Isn't it possible that rounding up innocents like this, and then not apologizing creates more terrorists?

And dont even bother rebutting with that lame excuse, "christians have their own terrorist groups." While this may be true, they are not currently engaged in warfare on 2/3's of the planet. They do not preach hatred to children or tell them it is "glorious" to die in the name of their God by killing innocent civilians. They do not hijack aircraft and crash them into buildings killing thousands of people. Christians do not advocate the annihilation of a race of people. Christians do not impose laws on women that are oppresive or threaten them with stoning. Christians do not execute homosexuals. Do I really need to go any further?
Radical Christians have certainly bombed abortion clinics, and even hospitals that have abortion clinics, and harmed many uninvolved people. I'm sure if they had the means, they would have done those things on a much larger scale. That's not the point of this thread though.

Sure, we're not nearly as bad as many Islamic countries, but that shouldn't be an excuse for torturing innocent people, and then pretending nothing happened.

your support for islam is a poor facade for your anti-religious sentiments because you are, in fact, supporting the very thing you despise, and a very backwards and unprogressive form of it to boot.
I don't like Islam, and I don't like Christianity, personally, so I wouldn't try to defend either religion, but I will defend an innocent person of any religion against false accusations, and demand apologies for those innocents when they are mistaken for a criminal, and subsequently tortured for it. Khalid El-Masri is a German citizen, and from everything I've read, he's proud of being a German citizen. He has nothing to do with the repressive regimes of which you speak.

I have tried to educate your ilk; I have tried to show you that we are in a struggle not only of ideas, but for our way of life. you may complain now because of a christmas tree in your favorite shopping center, but what are you going to do when they start insisting your friends and family follow sharia law? when they threaten to kill your friends and family? When they oppress your female relatives and friends? What are you going to do when it is too damn late?
I don't care about Christmas trees in shopping centers. Shopping centers are private businesses, and can do whatever the hell they want for all I care, as long as they doesn't break the law.

As far as Sharia law--I won't ever live in a theocracy, and my fear of theocracies motivates me to fight any encroachment of religion into government.

And please dont tell me my fears are unfounded, one only needs to look to france and the UK to see the true nature of things to come. Stop thinking about the way things are today and imagine a tommorow with islam.

Then maybe you will put the kool aid down and figure out ultra-liberalism is a failing ideaology among muslim radicals.
They're not unfounded, but they are irrational.

I may not like Bush and his cronies, but I guess it could be worse--you could be in charge.

new topics

top topics

join