It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shown On FOX News!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now I know why the price of oil is so high.... those wascally Mexicans are burning it all off from their oil rigs!!!

I wish I had a flying oil rig... actually I wish I had 11 flying Mexican oil rigs. That'd be super cool!!! Then I could mess with highly trained Fighter jet pilots. meh.

-----
You can lead a horse to water...

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Saucerfreak2012]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So the Mexican pilots who witnessed these 'UFOs' were a bunch of idiots?? You mean to say that they can't see the difference between an oil rig and a flying object? I can't believe this level of incompetency in an airforce pilot!!

So we take it that all the other numerous sitings by pilots are hogwash? Hail to the armchair analysts!

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't get it. Why didn't these people fly over there to see what it was?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OK, to make something clear here: the objects were flying and changing formation and were filmed by an US military $50.000 worth camera with infrared on. I have noticed people commenting on this without any knowledge about this sighting and trying to pass this off as oilrigs. The footage you see in the fox part is just a small part, on the other material you can see that the objects are with no doubt in flight. The "debunking" of this footage was based on only 1 scene, if you take the rest of the footage you will see that this cant be debunked by a mere oilrig theory. Note that 2 of the orbs changed formation to the back of the plane and kept following them from there (crew description).
What makes this sighting more significant is the fact that this is the only UFO material released by any goverment. They could have held all the material for there own but the mexicans wanted to point out to the world that there are indeed strange objects traveling in earth's airspace and that these things are real and can even be cloaked.

Some more footage: Mexican Ufo

These were real flying objects and there is to this date no known information who they belonged to. The next person who dismisses this as a oilrigs or other ground level based things should investigate themselfe becuz you are only spreading false information.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

These were real flying objects and there is to this date no known information who they belonged to. The next person who dismisses this as a oilrigs or other ground level based things should investigate themselfe becuz you are only spreading false information.

Correct.
If i remember correctly 2 of the lights actually followed the plane for a few miles before shooting past the plane at around mk5.
It is our own technology however, spying on other countries still goes on, just at a very advanced level.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
It is our own technology however, spying on other countries still goes on, just at a very advanced level.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

Why would a country spy on a plane hunting for drugs

Remember, this plane had a US sponsored camera on board and they were searching for drug transports.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes indeed all people here bashing this video is because they have only seen 1 or 2 minutes of the video, when actually it's a 11 minutes time video, Fox has do a good job of croping it and many people who goes with oil ring theory defend this by the video of 2 minutes. The problem is..this video it's 11 minutes long and there not dout about this are some strange craft.

Actually the pilots were sorround by 3 objects and they were detect by the radar of their plane, the rest 11 or 12 objects did not even came up on their radar... they got so afraid of the situation that they decide to shut down all lights in the plane..so imagen doing that for some oil ring misconfusion...

Of course you should look for the entire 11 minutes fooftage and not just see the 1 minute croped version....

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Speaking of false information in this thread...it was not the Mexican Air Force that started hailing the footage. It was given to Jaime Maussan (to investigate), a well-known Mexican "UFOlogist" (in quotes because he often holds up videos of balloon releases as UFO "fleets"
) who then publicized it.

I've seen the entire video, and still don't see why oil rig fires would fail to fit the description. You can even see the light signatures of them reflected off of the water... Alcione explained this all very well, and even most UFO organizations firmly log this one into the "explained" category.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Speaking of false information in this thread...it was not the Mexican Air Force that started hailing the footage. It was given to Jaime Maussan (to investigate), a well-known Mexican "UFOlogist" (in quotes because he often holds up videos of balloon releases as UFO "fleets"
) who then publicized it.

yes but with approval of the mexican military.

Originally posted by Gazrok
I've seen the entire video, and still don't see why oil rig fires would fail to fit the description. You can even see the light signatures of them reflected off of the water... Alcione explained this all very well, and even most UFO organizations firmly log this one into the "explained" category.

Since when do oilrigs move with an airplane and change formation?
The official air force testimonies are on the net so look them up if you think this is a fake. In my opinion this is one of the best footage captured at this date, it also shows that the UFO phenomenon is now brought to the public at goverment level something that can only be good. But it hurts me when people then try to debunk honest military officials about what they saw and got on footage + radar and wanted to share with the rest of humanity.

for a good explenation about the sighting i would point you out to this footage

[edit on 26/12/2006 by 137]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'll definitely check the link, thank you.

Since when do oilrigs move with an airplane and change formation?
The official air force testimonies are on the net so look them up if you think this is a fake. In my opinion this is one of the best footage captured at this date, it also shows that the UFO phenomenon is now brought to the public at goverment level something that can only be good. But it hurts me when people then try to debunk honest military officials about what they saw and got on footage + radar and wanted to share with the rest of humanity.

I didn't see that, so I'll have to view the footage again and look specifically for it. I've read the interviews, but it doesn't seem to match what we're seeing. Last I heard on the radar, that was a truck on the highway. Remember, the FLIR images and the radar return were in opposite directions.

EDIT: I don't see changing course, I see the FLIR operator attempting to keep FLIR fixed on the target below the clouds as the plane is flying. Also, Jaime only further dilutes his arguments when he shows that same tired "fleet UFO" footage of mass balloon releases....

Also, the military never said for Jaime to "share the secret", etc., they merely asked him to investigate (and due to his background in aerial phenomena, not as a UFOlogist).

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Take into account what the flight crew witnessed, there testimony's should not be ignored. This sighting took more then a minute, wont you think they would have flown past the oilrigs by then? But really, im sure that the crew is well trained and knew how to distanciate ground objects with airborn objects.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not ignoring the flight crew, but I think their comments are getting taken out of context too, and I do believe there is a certain competency issue here. FLIR detects infrared signatures through atmosphere, etc. and clouds, and it would be easy to mistake the altitude based on this. Also, at no time does the flight commander ever see the images visually, or on the RADAR or FLIR, he's going off what his men are telling him.

I'd like to see a new interview with someone other than Jaime interviewing the pilots...

Sometimes, a pic is worth a thousand words....

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have seen the docu on Discovery channel where they investigated this case and concluded it might have been the oilrigs that are also in that area. But this was based on only 1 short scene (at that time i did not even know there was more material) and they did not let any eye witness speak.

Taking in mind this probably wasn't the first flight of the airforce in this region, they should have concluded that the objects spotted on infrared were known oilrigs. If these objects were in fact oilrigs, wouldnt they become smaller while the minutes pass by? From my view these objects are not under the plane but indeed airborn.

[edit on 26/12/2006 by 137]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The area of the flight isn't in question, nor is the presence of the oil rigs. Both are facts. Then, consider that given the FLIR's purpose (i.e. to spot small low-flying drug planes and boats), it makes sense that the FLIR operator would be looking down, not at the same altitude. The azimuth displayed on the images confirms the direction the FLIR was looking (i.e. toward the oil rigs), and Alcione's explanation case is very difficult to dispute. Believe me, I can understand not wanting to let go of this one...but it's just too much of a coincidence for me not to think the crewmen errored in their judgement of what they saw on FLIR.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
yes, but if the crew says the objects did not only fly with them for some time, 2 of them even changed position to the back of the plane and kept following them from there (there even exists some radar data). Also while operating the camera they should know in what direction they are turning it so im pretty sure that they knew they were not looking at ground level. The thing i do know sure is that the "debunking" was only done on a small portion of the clip, if they had used all i dont think they could have given it the same source that easy. What we need is the whole clip, so from where they appear until when the objects leave. Then we could make a final conclusion. Until that time im going with the mexican airforce.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Gazrock:

There is radar Data of about 3 objects moving close to the plane and folowing it, even in the full video you can see they fix for sometime one of the objects that are following behind them. Problem is that everybody in here has not watch the entire video... or read the full pilots and crew transcript.
The rest of the objects that were far it didnt make any radar blimps, only 3 objects that were following them, like i said they got disturbed so much that they decide to shut down their lights (the outside ones).....

So maybe you need to read again the entire transcript and see the full video...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

So maybe you need to read again the entire transcript and see the full video...

I've done so. I still don't see independent movement that couldn't be explained by the FLIR camera being moved or the plane movement. As for the radar contacts, there are some conflicts there between the comments during Jaime's interview and subsequent info. As for the lights being shut off, again, this was the flight commander's decision based on his confidence in his people reporting what they saw, HE did not see the FLIR or radar screens according to the interview.

It's simply WAY too coincidental (in my opinion of course) that these signatures match up to the Oil Rig fires that are exactly in the area they were flying, complete with reflections on the water, to simply dismiss the correlation....and leap to an ET explanation.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Gazrok has some valid points there. But a few questions beg answers.

All pilots go through a detailed pre-flight briefing session before a sortie (Sometimes called 'Morning Prayers'!) in the ops room even if it's a recon mission for drugs or other illegal maritime traffic on a particular grid. The main points covered in a full standard pre flight briefing are:

> The flight plan.
> Met conditions.
> Known aerial/surface traffic in the area of ops. (That includes oilrigs etc!).
> Weapons load.
> Engagement of impromptu targets.
> Area coverage and duration.
> NOTAMS.

Now, the following questions need answers.

Inspite of the briefing, how come the pilots were unaware of known ‘surface traffic’ (the oilrigs) in the area? Did they not know about the presence of oilrigs there?

Were they not briefed about this in the pre flight briefing?

Were all the pilots new to the area that they were not aware of the rigs in that area?

Being experienced air recon pilots, how come they could not differentiate between an oilrig and a UFO?

This was not the first time they had flown on a recon mission on that route. Obviously what they saw was not routine. It was positive unidentified traffic in the area.

So, let’s face it fair and square. These were unidentified FLYING objects!

Anyway, what’s the big deal if they were UFOs??

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I totally agree with mikesingh. Gazrok brings up some good points, but I also have questions. . .

*They said the instrumentation checked out fine. If this is so, then how do you explain radar contacts/oil rigs at 10,500 ft.? You mean to tell me that this crew was so inept & inexperienced that they were not able to tell the difference between a low flying twin engine Cesna and a cigarette boat or an oil rig on the surface of the ocean? AND, whether or not these craft were in motion or stationary? AND, that they were unable to close in on these craft to complete a positive ID, or in this case even better, to close in on stationary objects and identify them to be oil rigs on the surface of the sea?That is the whole premis of their opperation!!! Not TRAINING mission, but OPPERATION!

www.ufocasebook.com...

The Merlin C26A was equipped with a high tech advanced digital equipment to register and record all the activities during the operation. Powerful sensor detectors like a FLIR STAR ZAPPHIR II and a RADAR AN/PS 143 BRAVO VICTOR 3 were being used by qualified personal aboard the airplane and all the operation was being recorded both in normal and infrared mode. The airplane was under the command of Mayor Magdaleno Jasso Núñez.

The FLIR operator was Lt. Mario Adrián Vázquez and the RADAR operator Lt. German Ramirez, all of them members of the 501 Aerial Squadron. This airplane is programmed only for surveillance and detection procedures, not for interception or combat manouvres. Their duty is to detect and identify drug dealers flights and then immediately report them to the base where combat planes are scrambled to intercept those narcotics smugglers.

( emphasis mine )

They better just pack it in if they suck that bad cuz they ain't gonna catch nobody! C'mon

*My second question is this. After this flight, did the mexican military get scared and stop flying these missions altogether? You mean to tell me that no future sortie has detected these oil rigs again in the same scenario and said, "Damn. . . I guess they were just oil rigs!"? C'mon

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying they're ET, I'm just saying that it would be very easy for them to prove the contacts were oil rigs from similar sorties, which I'm sure they are still conducting, and they haven't reported detecting the UFO's ever again. Are they all of a sudden embarrassed to report that they're crew was incompetent, or instrument malfunction on many levels, and that they were actually oil rigs? ( I would say they have passed that test by openly admitting they couldn't explain them in the first place. ). Did they possibly move the oil rigs to a new location so they aren't detected anymore?

I don't think so, and IMHO, these facts keep them UNidentified flying objects. But what do I know.

2PacSade-

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
OK, guys. Whatever we may think, the Mexican Government has been more truthful than the much maligned NASA.

Did you know that the Mexican DoD has acknowledged this incident as actual UFOs that were involved?

The UFO Phenomenon in Mexico has been recognized as a fact in an historic and unprecedent decision taken by the Mexican Department of Defense under his Secretary of Defense General Clemente Vega Garcia, commander of all armed forces in this country.

At least they aren't shying away from the truth. So now, can we conclude that UFO's are as real as the nose on your face?

Here...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join