It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 A.D What do you think will happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Zachariah 6:1: "1And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass."

Could it be 9/11, uh, I guess. If you decide to ignore the fact that obviously not all four planes flew into the two "brass towers." But then again, it can also mean anything, seriously, if I had the time to care about cryptic biblical babble that these apocalyptic preachers seemed to want to blurt out with ill regard, I could probably find relations to this small snippit of text to ANYTHING. Lets see, two mountains of brass, there were two poles that hung the lights during the set of Chariots of fire.

oh...my...god.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here we go again, the "In the Know" crowd are not just forwarding their opinion but selling it as "THE" opinion.

The subject of this topic was to submit what "you" think will happen and not come off acting like you know something that is fact.

I will make a bet here and now with anyone who thinks 2012 is the end. State your bet and I will gladly take you up on it as I will use previous history as my guide to what will happen in the future as its plainly obvious that the religious crowd rely on this weakness of human nature to recruit as many numbers to their sect as possible.

www.religioustolerance.org... will give you some backup to what Im saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My bet is that a crazy religious fanatic, so obsessed with the world ending on 2012, that he will begin hussling for power and influence, only to subtly cause a chain of events to FORCE the end of the world to happen, so he can be sure that the prophecy is correct, and thus his beliefs not bunk.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
*disclaimer* All are capable of enlightment.

"Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand." Daniel 12:10

As I said all are capable, but not all chose the right path. I think it was Emerson that said, "My words will itch in your ears until you're ready to hear them." Well, ladies and gentlemen what if the time was almost up?

"Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. . . . Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." Matthew 24:6-7.

These passages have been forced down the throats of our culture and now despised by many rejectors becuase they could smell through the BS of the organized religious centers that peddled them.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" 1 Timothy 4:1

Wasn't it George W. Bush that said the voice of God told me to invade Iraq? A place that is now the producer of more violence and sinister plots? With the attention not on the mass genocide in Darfur? Goerge? You sure that voice is of God or the devine light?

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls..." Jeremiah 6:16

This is how you find your soul's purpose... Fortitude throughout.

AAC

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Here we go again, the "In the Know" crowd are not just forwarding their opinion but selling it as "THE" opinion.

Don't be upset that you didn't get the "in the know" email forward.

I don't have a real response to your substanceless reply. There is never an end to life. But guess what... changes happen everyday. Sometimes even cataclysmic ones happen. To many, your quick effort to expose a falicy is only truly exposing your presently inadeqaute level of comprehension. Remember life never ends, this thread never mentions that.

The subject of this topic was to submit what "you" think will happen and not come off acting like you know something that is fact.

Is that how you interpreted it? Defense mechanisms

I will make a bet here and now with anyone who thinks 2012 is the end.

I already said life doesn't end.

State your bet and I will gladly take you up on it as I will use previous history as my guide to what will happen in the future as its plainly obvious that the religious crowd rely on this weakness of human nature to recruit as many numbers to their sect as possible.

I will ignore the run on sentence and try to extract your message. History? You realize the human race makes up less than a thousandths of a decimal point of the entire history of our planet? Oh, are you visiting the Akashic records?

www.religioustolerance.org... will give you some backup to what Im saying.

You're better than that website.

AAC

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm gonna take D4rk Kn1ghts warning and head for the hills around 2009,its all set up.I'm gonna be the next Grizzly Adams.Seriously,I don't find Kn1ghts warning that hard to believe.Something has to bring about the NWO.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow I have to say I'm surprised nobody has mentioned planet x yet. We know that pluto and neptune don't have enough mass to account for their previously claimed gravitational effects on our solar system, so there must be another large body in a huge orbit scientists think. The predecessors to the Mayans, the Sumerians, who made impossibly detailed descriptions of the solar system and the planets, included another planet in their drawings. I don't know which came first, the idea of planet x from the Sumerians or the idea that a far planet affects our gravity. The Vatican libraries and other forbidden libraries like under the sphinx probably tell of 2012. The vatican has a huge telescope that is private use only.. I wonder what they're looking for?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

Do you really believe that? Do you actually believe that the entire world population who is aware of 2012 especially religions arent going to be a big part of the coming events until the year? There is a lot happening that is very forseeable even now. The U.S economy is a superpower colliding like falling bricks and you have to say this so blindly that nothing will happen in the sense people are expecting? It is a sort of truth that is right in front of us and it is likely you cannot or will not accept it.

7A

You're right of course - everything in the bible relates to the US - who else?

2012 - nothing will happen, the poor deluded fools will be conned by yet another preacher etc that actually he meant 2022 and as long as they give him money for another 10 years it'll be alright

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Nothing will happen. How do I know this? Because the Mayans said so.

It's just a whle bunch of hype because people seem to think that our human-created dates matter anything to the universe. Hell, our system of time loses all meaning once you leave the solar system anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
2012 may be seen as a time of change and purification but I dont think it will be one of happiness. It may well be one of Earths changing cycles which may mean the removal of much life on this planet hence the starting of a new age and purification.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The "us vs them" mentality has got to stop.

The truth is that something disasterous could happen any minute.
This is a fact. See? The fact is that a global disaster could happen. And really, why not?

The fear of a nuclear holocaust has never really gone away. That is to say that nuclear weapons haven't gone away, we've just become used to living under the threat of a nuclear war. Many counties live in a prepetual state of war and as far as I can tell "rules of war" don't really mean a thing once your in one.

There was a tsunami a while back that was totally devastating. Could a bigger tsunami happen? Of course! Can we predict when? No, not with 100% accuracy. Does that mean it wont happen? Absolutley not. I mean, yes, there is a chance that a bigger tsunami won't ever happen, but we wont know if that is the case untill "ever" is over.

The magnetic poles are shifting. Maybe they have always been shifting. Maybe not. Maybe they are shifting faster than we think. Hey, its not like we've never been wrong before. But then again, maybe they are shifting slower than we think. Who knows? Not me. But one thing I do know is that they are shifting, at a specific rate, in a specific dirrection, and the rate and direction of the shift could change at any moment due to variables that will only be visable in hindsight. Or maybe thay will just stay where they are right now, forever.

America, Canada, U.K., Germany, China, Australia, Japan, India, Russia. None of these political bodies are immortal. There is potential for every single nation to crumble. Empires end. Civilizations fall. Political regimes have there hayday, then a new one rises up. Businesses open, florish, struggle and close every single day.Economics is not an exact science. No economy is ever compleaty stable. Our Civilization is no different. To believe otherwise is folly, to say the least.

Comets, asteroids, photon belts, hurricains, wars, earthquakes, terrorism, extra terrestials(how would you know if there was or not?), extra dimensions, magnetic poles, cancer, aids, famine, etc, etc. There are a multitude of ways that the world could be tranformed, either violently or not so violently.

2012? Maybe. At least a few ancient cultures thought something might happen around this time. Could these predictions be nonsense? Yes, they could. Have we figured out how or why they made these predictions, or how they built monoliths with astrnomical precision, or mumified their dead to preserve DNA? Not in the least. These cultures were privy to technology, or at least knowledge of technology, that exceeds our own modern capabilities in many ways. Please remind me, why do we consider them primitive?

There is a day coming when I will die. I don't know when or how. But inevitably, its there. If I guessed it will happen next week and I was wrong people may not care to much. But if I kept guessing different days of my death as I continued to guess incorectly, would it really have any effect on that fateful day that I really did die? Even if i caused my own death in order to manifest my prophecy, would the end result be any different?

We only use a small precentage of our brain. We dont know everything.
2012? Maybe, maybe not. If you claim that nothing will happen, you might be ignorant. If you calim someting will definetly happen, you might be over-conifdent.

Never hurts to be prepared.
Might hurt not to be though.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by testingatheory]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Apart from what is apparently been proven, with us entering the Photon Belt (I believe it's called?) - I don't believe anything will happen. The destruction of our planet is something I wish to hope for, and as such it's not something i'm going to hold out hoping to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I see you people are forgetting WW2? When all the Jews were facing gas chambers and Hitler was known as the anti christ? that was the closest thing to the bible i think ive seen. And our stock market has crashed before, NOT THE END OF THE WORLD....stop using money to signify the end of the world, prices rise, so does minimum wage, it always has. Candy wont ever be 1cent again. The dollar wont collapse, and we wont be chipped in our right hand while were sleeping with a barcode that reads 666. You think the government is evil? Of course, but stop trying to predict whats destiny.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The end of something is always just the start of something new. Good or bad.

What will happen in 2012?

Well I will tell you this, something for sure, something big because so many people are focused on that date.

It's called self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really don't think anything will happen. I probably would be one of those "2012 believers" if I hadn't already seen so many dates pass by that nothing happened on when it was supposed to. News years 1988, new years 1999, new years 2000, new years 2001, Nov 23 2003, June 6 2006, and if I actually wanted to I'm sure I could add a dozen more to the list just from the last twenty years.

Yes, there probably will be a World War 3. Whether or not it happens in our lifetimes or not is up in the air.

Yes, the world will come to end. Could be in 2010, 2012, 3849, 5843, and it could have been in 1384 or 1649 or 1943 or 1999 but of course it wasn't. No one knows, and if they think they know they're probably lying like all of the "omg end of the world y2k" people.

I don't see anything scientifically or factually significant about 2012 to start preaching the end of the world or anything about it. The Mayan's calendar ends a cycle in 2012 and starts a new one (not sure if most average people realize it's the end of a cycle not the whole calendar as many think.) I mean the Gregorian calendar ends a cycle and starts a new one every Dec 31/Jan 1.

Anyway, if the Mayans were still around I don't think they would have anticipated any specific day of 2012 to be the end of the world. They'd probably be partying or something. I don't really understand the whole "everyone on earth will get a new consciousness" idea, we're talking about over 6,000,000,000 people here. You tell me how it is scientifically possible for everyone to just wake out of bed one day and feel.. uh however they're supposed to feel differently.

2012 is like 2000 ALL over again. People say it will be the end of the world, Christ will come back, UFO's will land, WWIII will be going on, everything will be just downright horrible, and on top of that they try basing it on historical evidence (2000 was historically based on Christ, and 2012 is being historically based on the Mayans.)

If psychics are real, why did 9/11 happen? How about the Oklahoma City bombing? What about Columbine? Hurricane Katrina? Anyone saying they can "see into 2012" is full of bullsh*t IMHO and should be locked in an outhouse until they can get it out.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not going to say yes or no....but what I am expecting will happen will be that I will wake up and go on with my routine for the day...that is I'm still alive in 5 years...

And if anything does happen I hope it's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think it's just a mass hysteria event, you know like when cattle(sheep maybe) get spooked and stampede. Only thing that will probably happen is chaos, caused by people thinking its some kind of event/armageddon.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyM3

2012 is like 2000 ALL over again. People say it will be the end of the world, Christ will come back, UFO's will land, WWIII will be going on, everything will be just downright horrible, and on top of that they try basing it on historical evidence (2000 was historically based on Christ, and 2012 is being historically based on the Mayans.)

Big difference here. 2012 has been prophesized in similiar ways, by different people, living in different times.

Y2K was a threat from a technological standpoint concerning computer systems that weren't program to handle the flip in milliniums, only centuries. We found out later (and I believe it was already known) that nothing happened. Like I said, it was a way to introduce fear on a national level, gaging a reaction for things to come perhaps?

If psychics are real, why did 9/11 happen? How about the Oklahoma City bombing? What about Columbine? Hurricane Katrina? Anyone saying they can "see into 2012" is full of bullsh*t IMHO and should be locked in an outhouse until they can get it out.

You question reveals your lack of understanding. You realize it was known in advance, and now that the truth is in the mainstreme people still refuse to see it. We see and believe what we want to see and believe. The truth doesn't always matter.

AAC

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspectwarrior
I think it's just a mass hysteria event, you know like when cattle(sheep maybe) get spooked and stampede. Only thing that will probably happen is chaos, caused by people thinking its some kind of event/armageddon.

2012 is a significant event. To many different cultures and people with a six sense have confirm that time period.

What will happen? Ask your inner self, not you mind but your gut, this will be the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Big difference here. 2012 has been prophesized in similiar ways, by different people, living in different times.

Besides the Mayans, Terrence McKenna, etc. can you please tell me who else prophesied by date anything about 2012 and when they prophezied it?

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

You question reveals your lack of understanding. You realize it was known in advance, and now that the truth is in the mainstreme people still refuse to see it. We see and believe what we want to see and believe. The truth doesn't always matter.

AAC

I don't think I have a lack of understanding because there's nothing to be understood. I really don't think people can see the future, I mean there's no proof. Obviously anyone can make theories about the future or future events and anyone has the power to fulfill prophesies made in their time. Tell me why if psychics can foresee so many things that involve the innocent death of tens to thousands of people, why would they say nothing about it and allow it to happen? Maybe because they can't foresee anything?

Not trying to be an ass to your or anything, I'm just a big skeptic on anything involving prophesies, psychics, and predictions. When I was a kid I used to believe in the stuff because it's always fun to have something freaky to hold a belief onto, but now that I'm older and more mature I think it's all silly. Again, not trying to be an ass to you but if you could get evidence to back up your claims, I'd really appreciate it because I'm interested in knowning. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join