It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 A.D What do you think will happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well this thread is dedicated to putting some puzzle peices together to try and understand the implications of the approaching 2012 enigma. Now I'm not much of a prognosticator, although I do have an opinion that could soon be accompanied by a debate or perhaps another unique opinion (if my opinion turns out to not be unique, don't hold me to it.
)

I believe that there are subtle transformations happening inside the consciousness of mankind, while some argue they are the signs of the spiritual evolution or the end of times anomoly from the Bibles's revelations.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God

A lot of new age spiritual minds believe in a transformation from one demension to the next (or higher frequency of light) by those whom have chosen to live altruistically and developed accordingly. Could the "chosen" be the awakened souls the will be able to transcend when the transition resumes?

Luke 17:34-35
"I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left."

There will be two places. An evolved environment where peace and developement will resume. And another where damnation will reach critical mass. I always remember the church class talk about the trumpet that ever ear will hear, and all heads will bow. I scratched my head wondering.

Then I thought about some ancient cultures speak about comets and clensing periods. The Mayans were supposedly given a 5000 year calendar by their gods that hints at a comet impact.

For arguement (BTW, this is where my opinion starts) let's assume that a comet will hit the earth, starting a cycle that could possibly turn the planet into a "Literal" Lake Of Fire. Of course over time the surface would finally cool, water would appear, life would restart.

Now this got me thinking about the Messiah's prophesized return to take all of his chosen ones away, which many believe as christ and the cross. I don't know the kind science to defenend the possibility of the energy it would take to push the "chosen" souls into another demension. An approaching comet could be used if even neccesary.

Back to the Christ returning subject. Okay Christ is easily associated with the cross.

A comet coming towards our planet would look like a cross as the infinite light reflects back to earth. +

The sound that the comet would make entering our atmosphere could be compare to "Trumpets heard by ever ear. In this moment, within all these peremeters a demensional shift in the "chosens" consciousness would seem almost normal.

This obviously doesn't cover all of the phophecies, but I believe those interested in the subject have always had thoughts about these issues. So I'd be really interested to know what others think about when they attempt to decode the past to predict the future.

Thanks,

AAC

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
there have been only what maybe 30 lifetimes past since the passing
of Jesus, we have lots of time to go forward and do things right.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
30 lifetimes, gee thats more or equal to the entire chronology of the old testament families.. not once extends beyond 30 generations of listed names.

So if we have passed 30 more, guessing, since Yeshua's flesh was crucified, I'd reckon to say that the book is close to over with, ie; last chapter time.

I think a comet impact is highlly likely. Scratch that.. ill play with your minds for a sec.

It's scientifily proven that it is inevitble.

So it will happen, and that is truth, even truth that has the human "scientific truth" stamp right on it. Some of us don't need that stamp to authenticate truth, but in this case I am thinking of everyone who may read this post.

Whether one hits us on the sneak in 2012 from a different angle that we can't watch (from the other side of our sun) until it gets within a few planets distance, or whether its the Apophis meteor in 2036, or whether its beyond that, humans will likely see a cometary impact, even if it isnt in our lifetimes.

And when that happens, it'll probably suck.

As for the spiritual ascension stuff. I feel like i am growing spiritually everyday, purifying my soul everyday, but that could just be me growing up combined with new found faith. But if it is a change of the conciousness, then i'd welcome it. I know one thing, I plan on having a winter solstice 2012 get-together er party with friends who know what that means. If we are still partying into the early morning and I wake up the next day after a heavy bout of it then I guess check to make sure nothing strange happened on the news, and assuming i notice nothing on the street.. then i will proceed as usual, THANKFUL to God that it was all a bunch of bullcrap.

Thats how i feel about it.

[edit on 12/19/2006 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Let me break it down.

Nothing.

Nothing is going to happen in any sense that people are expecting. It's another myth in a series of myths that people want to believe in, but that never come true.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
First I'll wake up get out of bed. look out the window and watch a few birds sailing around in the air. THen I'll grudgingly get into the shower and get ready to shove off to work. I'll notice that all the people will be going about their daily lives. Unaware that the end was supposed to happen today but so far hasen't. Then out of nowhere I get a call from a bill collection agency. Most likely the first of many for the day.

McDonalds will be open and I'll get a soda on my lunch break. At work I'll check the news periodicly to make sure angelic spirits aren't swirling around a porthole to another dimension that hasn't formed ala Ghostbusters style near the roofs of any tall buildings.

After getting under-appreciated at work I'll go home and get angry with the traffic on the freeway. Maybe laugh at the dumb kid who put a "kazoo" on his tail pipe to make his "race car" -(read stock civic with modified exhaust)-go faster.

Once at home I'll keep close eyes on my dog to make sure he hasen't been transformed into Zuel the Guard Dog of the Gates to Hell.

Make myself dinner, but then be too lazy to clean up afterwards. Then I'll bust out the booze and drinkmyself to sleep hopefully with my blood sugars "balanced" enough for me to at least enjoy the buzz before I succumb to sleep.

Then I'll wake up, and it will be the next day. and I'm still alive and cheated feeling about not actually feeling rested after sleeping a whole 6 hours. Then I'll go back to work again.

Wanna make a bet this is what will happen in 2012?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Wanna make a bet this is what will happen in 2012?

You've left out the part about being rejected by the neighbor girl, but other than that, that sounds about right.

I KID!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Let me break it down.

Nothing.

Nothing is going to happen in any sense that people are expecting. It's another myth in a series of myths that people want to believe in, but that never come true.

Do you really believe that? Do you actually believe that the entire world population who is aware of 2012 especially religions arent going to be a big part of the coming events until the year? There is a lot happening that is very forseeable even now. The U.S economy is a superpower colliding like falling bricks and you have to say this so blindly that nothing will happen in the sense people are expecting? It is a sort of truth that is right in front of us and it is likely you cannot or will not accept it.

7A

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

Let me break it down.

Nothing.

Do you really believe that? Do you actually believe that the entire world population who is aware of 2012 especially religions arent going to be a big part of the coming events until the year? There is a lot happening that is very forseeable even now. The U.S economy is a superpower colliding like falling bricks and you have to say this so blindly that nothing will happen in the sense people are expecting? It is a sort of truth that is right in front of us and it is likely you cannot or will not accept it.

7A

Do you believe that anything that is happening in world events is because of a celestial event predicted by the mayans?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
this is what the mayans thought IMO:

-"hey, friend from tribe... lets make calander"
-"Ok, great priest of tribe"

a couple of days passed...

-"Me bored with calander, me think 2012 good..."
-"yes, very long, tribe may not make it before that."

It could be a possibilty...

IF the mayan calander prophecy becomes a reality... damn.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

Let me break it down.

Nothing.

7A

Do you believe that anything that is happening in world events is because of a celestial event predicted by the mayans?

To an extent yes, this very date is altering events especially those who are in cults/satantic/religions etc... It's all as artificial as time itself and those who use it for evil. So undoubtedly something eventful will happen, and it's been happening since 1999.

7A

[edit on 19-12-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
On 2012:

The poles are going to shift, rendering electricity useless until we reverse the polarity on everything.

Also, hot water will come out the cold faucet and cold water will come out the hot faucet.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
On 2012:

The poles are going to shift, rendering electricity useless until we reverse the polarity on everything.

Also, hot water will come out the cold faucet and cold water will come out the hot faucet.

The north becomes the south and the south becomes the north.

Time to move.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The build up will be slow at first and then things will happen more and more rapidly...until Oct 28th 2011... What happens after that depends on wether you are ready or not - Signs and visions will be man made, to cause panic and alarm worl wide.

Unless of course your far enough away to be 'safer' than most.

Thats what I am preparing for with 100% commitment.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have to say I did a lot of looking into this and its complete BS. Its a scare tactic people use to try and cause panic. Can anyone say 9/11 when everyone was like oh Nostradomus predicted it blah blah blah. Nothing will happen im sure of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Let me break it down.

Nothing.

It's easy to ignore subtley I agree. But it is even easier to see the relevance of this biblical prophecy. Take a look and tell me what this means...

Zachariah 6:1: "1And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass."

Four chariots could be the four planes on 9/11 no? The Mountains of brass? Twin towers? How would you describe a vision of the twin towers 2,000 years ago?

All the answers to every question are in front of us, we just need to understand the intellectual language that is being spoken. It is hard to get people to understand esoteric subjects, it would be like describing the color blue to a man born blind.

I do although urge each and everyone to open their minds to every possibility, because when you are open, the truth is self-evident.

AAC

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The sun will come up just like it has for 10 Billion Years and life will go on all be it with the earth just being a little more dead than it is now. This would include more species die offs, less rain forrest and probably alot more humans.

To think we are entering a special period in history is actually quite funny, I rememebr all the hype around 1989 and Nostradamus prophecy, Then to year 2000 Millenium hystria. People this is not a new human phenomenom and is simply part of our make up to expect an apocalyptical end to the human race within our lifetime.

Do some research and you will see that this is nothing amazing and people have grabbed hold of this 2012 thing as its the next tangible date for this apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
The sun will come up just like it has for 10 Billion Years.

ReallY I'm pretty sure the sun is NOT 10 billion years old.

If you can't even predict the age of our sun with all the information a key stroke away, how do you believe yourself when you say such things as:

To think we are entering a special period in history is actually quite funny.

Why because dozens of cultures, religions, spiritualities, societies have referenced such an event?

Then to the year 2000 Millenium hystria.

Which was the beginning of the "fear factor" that has engulfed our society as a whole. Remember when a certain Kennedy stated: "there is nothing to fear but fear itself?" Damn all those Kennedy's are dead now. Oh, now we have the terror alert system that NO ONE knows what it means, or what to do when elevated. We are being blinded by fear... Enough said.

People this is not a new human phenomenom and is simply part of our make up to expect an apocalyptical end to the human race within our lifetime.

And why do you suppose that is? This is my problem I find, so many kids were conditioned and doctrinated by religious misleads that they now consider the whole bible a lie. The bottom line is that the truth has been highjacked and now society is a product of their slefish rulers. BTW, pick a country that is free from deception. There isn't one. How wierd, huh?

Do some research and you will see that this is nothing amazing and people have grabbed hold of this 2012 thing as its the next tangible date for this apocalypse.

I implore you to do research. Your time for recognizing isn't available for ever. Something will happen in the looming future, I am not claiming to know exactly what, but for those out there that truely feel it too, this thread is for you and your opinions.

God bless,

AAC

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'd actually love to see Project Bluebeam go ahead, just so i could say told you so.

But really, i think it will just be another Y2k... Paranoia and then life carries on as normal.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't think anything in what religious people say will happen on 2012, in fact there's only one physical evidence of something happening on 2012 and that's the Photon Belt.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Religious people are just doing the best they know how to do. Here's an easy explanation. Many charactors in the bible had visions of angels that spoke to them, advising them. Now BILLIONS of people believe thier 2 thousand year old message as absolute truth.

Yet today, when people talk about having visions or having connections with ET's people will write them off as crazy. Let me ask you this, were't the people back then during Jesus's times calling those people crazy?

ET's are not like in the movie Alien (most of them anyway) and angels are not the christian interpretations of winged humans with golden roads and pearly gates, where moses works the velvet ropes for VIP's

The whole world needs to read up on history, trust your internal light, and read between the lines.

BTW, the photon belt anomoly is interesting and I have been curious of it lately.

AAC

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join