It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of strict Biblical timeline versus Scientific timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just my analysis. Here are the links:

i17.tinypic.com...

i14.tinypic.com...

i14.tinypic.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Okay. I hate it when someone posts to their own post because no one else has but...

I'm looking for you guys to critique this in my opinion logical analysis of this question. Tell me if it makes sense to you or not. The pics are big to load and you have to magnify them to read all of the words but I would appreciate getting some feedback as this is a question that has bothered me for many years.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by arius
Okay. I hate it when someone posts to their own post because no one else has but...

I'm looking for you guys to critique this in my opinion logical analysis of this question. Tell me if it makes sense to you or not. The pics are big to load and you have to magnify them to read all of the words but I would appreciate getting some feedback as this is a question that has bothered me for many years.

Well I read the first links, couldn't really make sense of the other two.

If your conclusion is that the devil manipulates scientific evidence to turn people away from god, then it is a totally unfalsifiable hypothesis and is therefore of no consequence.

It could be any number of supernatural entities that could do such acts. Why not Loki? Why not God just having a laugh?

The fact that science produces useful results suggests to me that the evidence is reliable. From cosmology to radiodating methods, it all provides useful information from which to base further investigation.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
[guote]If your conclusion is that the devil manipulates scientific evidence to turn people away from god, then it is a totally unfalsifiable hypothesis and is therefore of no consequence.

It could be any number of supernatural entities that could do such acts. Why not Loki? Why not God just having a laugh?

The fact that science produces useful results suggests to me that the evidence is reliable. From cosmology to radiodating methods, it all provides useful information from which to base further investigation.

That was not my conclusion at all. My conclusion was that the idea that the devil or some other being manipulates scientific evidence to turn people away from god in not logical.

The first link dealt specifically with this issue. The other links deal with multi-dimensionalism which was the basis of my conclusion that the above stated defense of the strict Biblical timeline versus the scientific timeline is not logical.

Thanks for the reply.

top topics

join