It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Hand Encounter!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Alright, so I'm a pretty skeptical person but I thought I should post what happened to me:

I was walking back to my parents home, in the suburbs, outside of Philly. We live in a kindof park almost. It's slightly wooded, and so on. I was a kid, at the time. I think I had taken out the trash and was walking back.

Then I saw it land, a large bird. I thought it was an eagle...outside of philly lol. But it looked completely brown, yet larger than a hawk. It landed on my brother's portion of the large house. It dismissed it.....which is the thing that kills me. Considering I could've been virtually right next to it have I looked out my brother's window.

So this has been bothering my lately. It would be great if someone here could offer advice. I'm pretty convinced it's a....un-normal bird. In fact if someone has pictures of something like this they could share, I'd be of most gratitude.

Thanks!!!

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Astrodic]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What makes you think that this bird was somehow "un-normal"? Just the behavior it exhibited by landing on/near your house? Because if that is it, I wouldn't worry; birds adapt to man-made surroundings quite well. It probably thinks of the house as a short, squat, oddly-shaped tree...

It might help if you could provide a more detailed description of the bird - or locate a picture of it online at sites like this one, or in a common bird-watching book, some of which you might be able to find at your local library.

In any case, I doubt this particular bird is anything to worry about.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It may have been a golden eagle - large, with no distinguishable markings aside from a brownish gold coat of feathers.

Remarkable birds!

new topics

join