It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war on terror is the war on Iraq II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well I mean, the last two years like everyone else predicted were filled with fear of other middle eastern nations becoming powerful on the international spectrum. Iran passed through modernization and yet instead of attacking us we are trying to get them to help us with Iraq. The six middle eastern countries acquiring nuclear weapons seem not to be focusing on a policy of detterence fro m the United States and it's not like they are terrorist states. North Korea's nuclear test was a dud. That was the "bullet" which was a close-call.

If the war on terror has turned into a war on Iraq with all the nations that we were allegedly going to fight turning their emphasis on Iraq, isnt it better that we are not fighting all of these nations on a full spread out war?

I just think that if the war on terror turned out like it was supposed to we'd probably be in Iraq, then north Korea, then China, then Iran, and it would undue the credability that we had before it.

Now i am thinking that it's good that it's Iraq and only Iraq.

While the US is not that strong with proliferating nuclear weapons from other countries it's not like we're going to invade Syria/Iran. Plus if we invaded Iran they could invade our interests in the gulf and there is no evidence that is needed to invade syria.

It's a phony war. IMHO. One that really needs to be evaluated before further steps need to be taken.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Maverickhunter]

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Maverickhunter]

new topics

join