It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

robert fisk US behind secterian bomings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This was written a few weeks ago by the award winning journalist rober fisk.

By Robert Fisk - 28 April 2006

news.independent.co.uk...

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

The Americans, my interlocutor suspected, are trying to provoke an Iraqi civil war so that Sunni Muslim insurgents spend their energies killing their Shia co-religionists rather than soldiers of the Western occupation forces. "I swear to you that we have very good information," my source says, finger stabbing the air in front of him. "One young Iraqi man told us that he was trained by the Americans as a policeman in Baghdad and he spent 70 per cent of his time learning to drive and 30 per cent in weapons training. They said to him: 'Come back in a week.' When he went back, they gave him a mobile phone and told him to drive into a crowded area near a mosque and phone them. He waited in the car but couldn't get the right mobile signal. So he got out of the car to where he received a better signal. Then his car blew up."

Impossible, I think to myself. But then I remember how many times Iraqis in Baghdad have told me similar stories. These reports are believed even if they seem unbelievable. And I know where much of the Syrian information is gleaned: from the tens of thousands of Shia Muslim pilgrims who come to pray at the Sayda Zeinab mosque outside Damascus. These men and women come from the slums of Baghdad, Hillah and Iskandariyah as well as the cities of Najaf and Basra. Sunnis from Fallujah and Ramadi also visit Damascus to see friends and relatives and talk freely of American tactics in Iraq.

Which is just what i have been saying all along.

The resistance would never hurt it's own people.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

The resistance would never hurt it's own people.

Holy smoke Batman thats the funnyiest thing ive read all night, its almost like saying the 2006 Young Australian of the Year would never sniff Cocaine

Seriously you live in some mills and boone fantasy Land if you think Iraqis arnt killing Iraqis or Muslims arnt killing Muslims.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Iraqis arnt killing Iraqis or Muslims arnt killing Muslims.

I never said that. Resistance fighters are killing collaborators and vise versa. It's just not on secterian bases, unlike the US is trying to create with their psyop bomings.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hi SS!

Don't mean to sound smug... no, can't help myself... but you know me...

previous thread from aaaaages ago...

Mind you, it didn't go down well..

Then there's this thread, which contains this link, and an extract from the story...

"I have seen people issue orders to cover up the deaths of as many as 16 innocent people," Sommer said. He spoke of one incident in which he alleges a commanding general in Afghanistan ordered the cover-up of such an execution.

"That is a bad policy. Those policies are what I'm standing up against."

Sommer recalled one instance in which he helped a CIA officer and a Delta Force sergeant load two 105 mm howitzer shells into a vehicle in Baghdad's Green Zone. He learned later that they detonated the shells, killing four men -- one of whom was a radical Islamic politician who was the front-runner for elective office.

There are many factions in Iraq, but the sectarian violence has been seeded and cultivated by the US to stop the factions uniting to kick out the invaders.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Which all goes back to US and British soldiers dressed as Arabs and caught with carloads full of explosives. Remember the Brits broke 2 special forces guys out of jail and immediately sent them back to the UK. We need the oil and need to maintain the cover of war or violence to justify our presence.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread176930/pg1 - 64k

benfrank.net/blog/2005/09/29/car_bombers_caught_red_handed/ - 48k -

[edit on 18-12-2006 by polanksi]

new topics

top topics

join