It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fool question wish you help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Would you tell me what the full spelling of a Swedish Ltd called SFA that produce aero-engine and a Swedish Ltd called LME that produce avionics product.
Esp, the S.F.A. is Svenska Flygmotor AB (SFA), but I don't know full spelling of AB, strange is SAAB also spelled as Svenska Aeroplan A.B. so what's the full spelling of this A.B.? then the LME, which I only knew the E means Ericsson, but L.M.?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Aktiebolag. Stock company -- can be publicly-traded or privately-held. In Sweden, privately-held AB's must have capital of at least SEK 100,000 upon incorporation. AB's are also required to allocate at least 10% of the profits for reserves per year until reserves are at least 20% of the start-up capital. Publicly-traded AB's in Sweden must have capital of at least SEK 500,000. There must be at least three board members for Swedish AB's. An Annual General Meeting is required. AB's are registed with the Patents and Registration Office (Patent- och Registreringsverket, or PRV). The Swedish automobile and aircraft manufacturer SAAB is actually an acronym -- Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget. Aktiebolaget is sometimes used instead of Aktiebolag, since the definite article is appended to the end of the word in Swedish (Aktiebolaget means THE stock company whereas Aktiebolag means just Stock Company).

Source

hi, i hope you will find this information useful.
i still cannot find the meaning for LM.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So the AB not means two first letter taken from two different words whereas taken from single word AktieBolaget?!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The letters L and M come from the founder, Lars Magnus Ericsson.

Read more from here if you're interested

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
So the AB not means two first letter taken from two different words whereas taken from single word AktieBolaget?!

AB mens Stock Company, as toreishi posted. It simply means there are stocks for this company to be bought and sold.

In 1941 Volvo aquired the majority of stocks on Svenska Aeroplan AB, and the name was changed to Svenska Flygmotor AB (SFA), later Volvo Flygmotor and now Volvo Aero.

Source: sv.wikipedia.org... (Swedish)

This company has changed names many times it would seem... Now I'm not really into this enough to research the history of all these companies (the wiki is in swedish and we all know this is a silly language!:lol
- Mod note: Norwegians are allowed to make fun of Swedes and visa versa without it being offensive. It's a special agreement between out people
but as far as I know Volvo and Saab are the two manufacturers of military planes in sweden. As with toiletpaper, planes is one of the things Sweden does well.

Edited to remove my own blindness...

[edit on 20-12-2006 by DrLeary]

top topics

join