It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AREA 51's servers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So, for those who vaguely recall the UFO hacker know he got into NASA's computer systems and mentions he found some UFO inside info.

Well, imagine if he hacked AREA 51's servers.

The question I bring forth is do they exist?
How secure do you think they'd be?
What info. would one find or potentially find in them?

Discuss.

sip

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As people have been saying in several other threads it is most likely that the servers dealing with sensitive information are not connected to the Internet. They may have machine there for normal Internet traffic, but even this would run on the SIPRNET or SCINET protocol, which I think you need proprietry hardware to access.

Although they don't actually have to be completely shut off from the Internet. In my work we have set up Virtual Lans( a sort of mini network), each Virtual Lan is inaccessible from other Virtual Lans for security. This prevents other departments from seeing what others are doing. Aswell as this there are three proxy servers which block most traffic coming in. So essentially from outside my workplace you want to get in, you need to know an IP address of a machine within this network, otherwise it will be extremely difficult to crack.

This works very well as a security model, there has been no breakins afaik. The only machine that has been hacked was the one given direct access to the Internet. Everything else safely hides behind the proxy servers.

None of this stuff is *impossible* to hack. It is just difficult. Anything is possible. One thing that people overlook are Router and Switches. These are becoming the weakest links in a network security chain. Just search for Cisco IOS exploits. If you own a router, you have a strong chance of owning the network.

sip

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You can't hack Area 51! But if you want to , you gonna have to cover or erase your track

They have mad system not like other systems
Well the people who are the genesis, but you can say Area 51 won't be top secret forever

They have been hacks before but some failed
But I think who would dare to hack Area 51
If you think your brave your not your just digging your on grave
but Aline's hmmm there no proof.... Even if you have pic or videos some will believe but some won't he.. Well that's what I got to say

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You know, I would say that most likely there would not be any important data "online" as people with brains would see this as being a smart thing to do from a mile away.

However, we all know how stupid these government officials can be, so for all we know ALL the data is online there just waiting to be taken.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've thought about things like this before, I'm guessing they might be still working on old paper system. They might even have a complete internet black out, it seems like too much of a risk to have Internet connection. But if it were and certain information was revealed such as hardware and software specs etc. then defiantly could be possible the gov always seems to be playing catch up to the hackers so I think so.

I actually think this is a interesting topic in general, are old top secret files being digitized or are they staying on paper?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't know.....I think a person who hacked Area 51 would be rather disappointed.

Area 51 was mostly used for stealth fighter tech...that is why the secrecy exists. The alien aspect was probably even a cover story.

new topics

top topics

join