It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End all be all...Russia's Status as a Super Power

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
haha, is there any way that you can prove that the US has done more for humanity than any other country?

what about Italy and the Rennasaince?
China and gunpowder?
Jews and the birth/death of Christ (applies to Christians) ?
Germany and the automobile?

[edit on 01/14/2007 by CrazyPolak]

ape

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

by crazypolak
haha, is there any way that you can prove that the US has done more for humanity than any other country?

easy, the PC and the internet. enough said.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
yeah, u gotta admit that the internet is feeding tons of people over there in Nigeria

and man, aren't computers awesome sources of Vitamin C?

look at it like this, inventions aren't going to help humanity as much as a vaccine to a disease is. free energy, water, and healthcare are much more important to someone than a damn computer.

don't get me wrong, the internet is huge when it comes to the advancement for man, but only for those countries who aren't deprived like the 3rd world countries in the middle-east and africa

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I find it ironic how someone is, first, replying off-topic, and second, replying over The Internet, complaining about one single facet of what 'aid' could be, when none of the other inventions listed applied to feeding Africa. No nation has yet to do so, anyway, so the point is moot.

Further, no invention will help Africa. It first has to free itself from the political and economic molass it is currently in. Until then, any aid, such as now, will either fail entirely to reach the people, or have minimal effect.

Please remain on-topic.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyPolak

China and gunpowder?

It was a question lord farquad. How about putting a man on the moon? How about putting landrovers on mars? (the martian landrovers) Or what ever the hell theyre called. Like ape said, the internet, computers, How about Halle berry or scarlette johanson? talke about some Tig oh Bitties!!!

What about the asteroid? answer that one.

[edit on 093131p://5901pm by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

China and gunpowder?

Perhaps you missunderstood, because you would have to truely be a glittering gem of collosal ignorance to ask what the US has given the world. How about most every pharmaceutical advance fighting every most every disease, as well as the most advanced health care, both modern and historic, nuclear power, advanced weapons systems, high technology, farming agricultural technology, the most foreign aid of any country, sending more food into Africa than anyone else, aviation advances and technology that rivels anything anywhere in the world (nothing has come close to the 747 in success with 1400 built and flying all over the globe, and more US built airliners are flying the world than any other countries by a wide margin), global trade, and a free market economy that attracts the best minds anywhere in the world who want to come here and succeed in the American Dream. What other country has people flooding into it's boarders like the US has? Why do they do so? It is because we are doing something right, and that is the individual rights that the US Constitution protects, and as a result, allows people to flourish and prosper as they can nowhere else on earth. Individual rights that allow "class mobility", where anyone can make it and make it big if you try hard, work hard and play by the rules. Individual rights that exceed anything else found anywhere else in the world, which allow average citizens, if they are not felons, to own arms, carry arms, and be armed, and allow free speach and practice of any religion as long as it does not infringe on anothers rights. Individual rights that built this country into the superpower that Russia only can wish it was. An economic and military and cultural superpower that the world has benefited from and copied, and called upon when other countries were in dire situations such as the two world wars, and in the fight against totalitarian communism when it was spreading throughout the world before it's fall. So what has the US done for the world? How does that compare to other countries contributions? Just answer me this one question: Which other country even comes close to the US?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
AS FOR THE "POLITICAL PARTIES" WHICH HAVE ARISEN IN RUSSIA SINCE THE "FALL OF COMMUNISM", THEY ARE ALL FRONT GROUPS SET UP AND CONTROLLED BY THE CPSU (COMMUNIST PARTY SOVIET UNION), AS CONFIRMED IN POLITICAL AFFAIRS, THE JOURNAL OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE UNITED STATES. (OCT-NOV'94 ISSUE).

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
look, i never said that the US has never done anything for the world. its helped tons of people and saved many lives. i never intended to insult any1, all i wanted to do was make a point.

what i did say is that they can't be said to be so supreme over everyone when it comes to helping others.i love what the US has done for the world, personally i couldn't live without the internet, my cell, or my widescreen TV. but as for those things helping humanity? come on, they sure as hell make life more comfotable...but please look at it from another angle.

the US helped a ton after the Tsunami, and other disasters, but then did you notice how crappy the job was done in New Orleneans?

every country that can help others does, but they also have to help themselves. if Hurricane Katrina was a sign of things to come, i sure as hell hope nothing major happens around where i live.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This point is off-topic.
Let us end it with:

a. The artifical heart.
b. Lightbulb.
c. Coffe-maker. [Some of us can't live without it, no?]
d. False teeth.
e. Hearing aid.
f. Nuclear reactor.
g. Polio Vaccine.
h. Genetic treatment.

A small list of things Americans have invented to improve the world.
Unfortunately, while it does seem unfair to say American has done the most, or is currently -- We do. We provide the most foreign aid of any country, and our creations have gone to improve the lives of hundreds of millions.

We may not always have the best intentions at heart, and most inventions -- Such as is often the case -- Are mistakes, rather than intended, but as far as the basic necessities for a good life, we've accomplished some of the best.
I believe, however, no one nation will be able to solve the issues of the developing world. For that -- I can't simply claim the U.S. 'will' do, but I believe, and hope rather, that a party of nations will work together, for that common good, that common goal.

Back to topic at hand, please.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Good poinst Iblis.

And I agree that its way to easy to get off topic around here. But its kinda a dead topic when everyone and there mother is agreeing with one another. What next? we all sit in a circle and rock back and forth singing "kumbaya" just right after we get done hugging trees and telling camp fire stories about snow white and the 7 dorfs??

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

thats where the Polish 303 squadron comes in (England's glamour boys) and they helped turn the tide of war, but thats another story.

LMAO, yeah they helped turn the tide of war as much as a mosquito biting an elephant. Pluhease, turn the tide ofwar LOL.

how many times has another country taken over Poland and succeded in keeping it? never. if the population of a country is willing it can win the war itself.

LOL, Poland never freed itself in WW2, it was the Soviets and Western Allies. In fact if they had never been at war with Germnay, Poland would still be a part of the Reich. The Germans successfully subdued Poland in WW2, no question.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
This point is off-topic.
Let us end it with:

a. The artifical heart.
b. Lightbulb.
c. Coffe-maker. [Some of us can't live without it, no?]
d. False teeth.
e. Hearing aid.
f. Nuclear reactor.
g. Polio Vaccine.
h. Genetic treatment.

Back to topic at hand, please.

on the nuclear reactor
------------------------------------
the first peaceful nuclear reactor that generated electricity for homes was created by the soviet union ... USA developed the breeder reactor to make plutonium (for war)....

On June 26, 1954, at 5:30 pm, the world's first nuclear power plant to generate electricity began operations at Obninsk, Kaluga Oblast, USSR. It produced 5 megawatts, enough to power 2,000 homes.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power plant to generate electricity for a power grid started operations at Obninsk, USSR.[5] The reactor was graphite moderated, water cooled and had a capacity of 5 megawatts (MW)
en.wikipedia.org...

also the tokomak fusion reactor was created by sakharov in the SSSR i.e USSR
and here's a small list of soviet creations and achievements ....

Communists invented the radar, laser, atomic reactor, space travel, polycappilari lens, ion thrusters, thermophoton drive, tokomak fusion trap, plasma stealth field generator, hypersonic plane, magnetogasdynamics booster and HUNDREDS of other technologies. Communists were the first to launch the satellite, launch a man into space, who reached the moon, Mars and Venus
The Communists defeated the Nazis in the greatest war in history. History already proved that we are superior Arguing with history never works
www.worldthreats.com...

on the radar (for those who will claim that britain invented radar)
23 Jule of 1941 when Nazis attacked Moscow with 250 aircraft, they were stopped ONLY because of Soviet radiolocator. It was called "RUS-2" which means "RadioUlavitel Samolyotov". Let me remind you, that Soviets received allied radiolocators only in 1942. Care to explain?

So, who is inventor of radar?

Soviet engineer Pavel Kondratievich Oschepkov in 1932-1934.

Red Army received radars ("RUS-1" version) in 1937.
source:
duel.ru...

this soviet radiolocator was very inaccurate in comparison to allied british radiolocator ...

Early-war Soviet detection systems were not proper radar and very inferior in detection , and were incapable of accurately detecting altitude. Certainly Britain was the first to harness the technology and effectively incorporate it into home defence....

that is britain created the first effective proper radar...

[edit on 30-1-2007 by vK_man]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"Communists invented the radar, laser, atomic reactor, space travel, polycappilari lens, ion thrusters, thermophoton drive, tokomak fusion trap, plasma stealth field generator, hypersonic plane, magnetogasdynamics booster and HUNDREDS of other technologies. Communists were the first to launch the satellite, launch a man into space, who reached the moon, Mars and Venus
The Communists defeated the Nazis in the greatest war in history. History already proved that we are superior Arguing with history never works "

VKMan,
In all due respect, I find your quote a little problematic. At least "Hypersonic plane" I directly question. The rest are unfamiliar and I suspect like the hypersonic plane claim, propaganda.
What Soviet "Hypersonic plane" existed prior to the X-15 series?
en.wikipedia.org...
Many other claims in the above quote have problems; WW2 would not have been had similar outcomes if the US didn't participate.
"plasma Stealth" is also something that is highly classified on both sides, so is unable to be credited by either side.
I have no doubt the Soviet Union has many of the records set and technologies introduced, but it was not capable of even keeping up with a free market economy, and had to steal much technology to apply to it's military with I must admit, a superb intelligence gathering structure. Ultimately, it is what lost the cold war and led to the demise of the Soviet Union.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vk_man
"Communists invented the radar, laser, atomic reactor, space travel, polycappilari lens, ion thrusters, thermophoton drive, tokomak fusion trap, plasma stealth field generator, hypersonic plane, magnetogasdynamics booster and HUNDREDS of other technologies. Communists were the first to launch the satellite, launch a man into space, who reached the moon, Mars and Venus

LOL this is ridiculous, this is a quote from someone else. NAck up what it says, if you want credibility.
I cannot find any references to the Soviets even inventing half the stuff your quote claims.
For example the claims of the Soviets inveting the LASER are complete BS :

The name LASER is an acronym for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. In 1917, Albert Einstein first theorized about the process which makes lasers possible called "Stimulated Emission."
Maser
In 1954, Charles Townes and Arthur Schawlow invented the maser (microwave amplification by stimulated emission of radiation), using ammonia gas and microwave radiation - the maser was invented before the (optical) laser. The technology is very close but does not use a visible light.
On March 24, 1959, Charles Townes and Arthur Schawlow were granted a patent for the maser.

The maser was used to amplify radio signals and as an ultrasensitive detector for space research.

Theory
In 1958, Charles Townes and Arthur Schawlow theorized about a visible laser, an invention that would use infrared and/or visible spectrum light.

Ruby Laser
Theodore Maiman invented the ruby laser considered to be the first successful optical or light laser. Many historians claim that Theodore Maiman invented the first optical laser, however, there is some controversy that Gordon Gould was the first.

Gordon Gould - Laser
Gordon Gould was the first person to use the word "laser". There is good reason to believe that Gordon Gould made the first light laser. Gould was a doctoral student at Columbia University under Charles Townes, the inventor of the maser. Gordon Gould was inspired to build his optical laser starting in 1958. He failed to file for a patent his invention until 1959. As a result, Gordon Gould's patent was refused and his technolgy was exploited by others. It took until 1977 for Gordon Gould to finally win his patent war and recieve his first patent for the laser.

Gas Laser
inventors.about.com...

I had a bit of a chuckle at this. This is a disclaimer from the interview you took your quote from VK_MAN,

Worldthreats.com must stress that the ability to confirm the 'resume' of Krutov is limited. All that can be confirmed is that the name is indeed somewhat well-known in certain areas of Russian resistance websites and web forums, and the organizations he mentions do exist. It is of the opinion of some who have read that he is exaggerating his past experience, which may well be true.

This interview, it must be stressed, is not about the plans of the Communist resistance in Russia, but rather the ideology and mindset of devout Marxist-Leninists, whose power is rising.

Readers are asked to keep this warning in mind when reading this interview."

Lets not forget that both the US and USSR used Nazi technology and scientists to put satellites in the air and men into space. It was hardly indifenous.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by rogue1]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hiphar
"

At least "Hypersonic plane" I directly question. The rest are unfamiliar and I suspect like the hypersonic plane claim, propaganda.

hiphar hmm, some minor details on some programs ,

"Burya" 2-stage military interceptor-bomber shuttle (important because it is first shuttle that ever flied, and because its concept and form was later stolen by Americans and used in NASA "Space Shuttle").

PKA manned 3-stage military shuttle.

Tu-130 manned 2-stage attack spacecraft
www.technocracy.ca...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Plasma physics was given priority in Russia many years ago, which resulted in a number of breakthroughs in theory as well as practical applications of plasma. Perhaps one of the most interesting and promising applications of plasma is the so-called ion thruster, used to propel spacecraft. This technology was first developed in Russia (mainly by Keldysh Research Center) and recently successfully used on an American satellite Deep Space 1. The system uses xenon gas as fuel and can achieve exhaust velocities of up to 30 km/sec (ten times that of an average rocket engine.) Wouldn't you like to understand how this ion drive really works? You go back to college or follow this link to MSNBC excellent interactive "Ion Drive" guide. Interesting to note that first such "ion thrusters" were developed in USSR and used on Soviet spacecraft almost 30 years ago.
www.aeronautics.ru...

on the burya acc. to western sources , the estimated speed was greater than mach 3.5 , acc. to krutov (you can find his articles in xakep.ru in russian ) it had limited hypersonic capability which would sacrifice range...
and russia was the first nation to use ion thrusters successfully for propulsion in space..

but it was not capable of even keeping up with a free market economy,

in the civilian sector your statement is true , but in case of military sector no ...
on your statement on ww2 , the soviets caused 85% of axis command deaths and casulties ...if USA had not joined then europe would have been communist

had to steal much technology to apply to it's military

seems like a strange statement , no can't agree

NAck up what it says, if you want credibility.

rogue1 , sorry i forgot the lasers krutov is talking about is military and industrial grade lasers ... like pamir ZU,triniti,Mltk etc... mltk is a industrial grade laser ...
and your sources are western based as for your claim small hint most research in USSr was classified and secretive and krutov is one hell of a source i must admit .... if possible check out xakep or some military related info in the former samizdat records
tokomak reactor was created by sakharov , first ion thrusters in space were soviet, also the first military grade lasers were soviet .... and their plasma physics was the top level...
'himoyad' red mercury existence was confirmed by mr. samuel cohen and so also by mr.krutov aka vladmir frolov
if you got further doubts ask mauros for his email address and contact mr.krutov personally, i initially was skeptical like you , but after long conversations and discussions i am convinced that he is stating the truth ..

if you have more detailed interest in krutov go to this thread :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you could find some info related to krutov on the last pages WHILE i was argueing with stellar, on this thread...

as for krutov he even ADMITTED THAT RUSSIAN NUCLEAR FORCES ARE IN RUINS AND USA COULD DESTROY THEIR NUCLEAR FORCES IN A FIRST STRIKE .. CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT ....

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'll update this when I have more time:

a. I hope 'Red Mercury' is the designation of some sort of laser? I pray you are not talking about that mythical high-explosive substance.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
I'll update this when I have more time:

a. I hope 'Red Mercury' is the designation of some sort of laser? I pray you are not talking about that mythical high-explosive substance.

i wouldn't say mythical .... but yes acc. to krutov the explosive power is highly overstated by samuel cohen (who stated a baeball bomb has 2 mt power), and can only be used for ultrapure fusion low yield nukes(0.1-5 kt) and neutron beam lasers.... its not explosive its more like a energy catalyst that can help in energy compression ....

surprising initially i thought you were like ape and rogue1 (who is ignorant) , but you remind me of adrian who's on warfare.ru

why do you remain on this funny forum ... this forum is crazy you should join for weaponry warfare.ru, in fact there is a far more true image of russian military there rather than here...

thank you
vk_man

as for the soviet empire source i gave long ago that was deliberate i wanted to see how americans react (funny was ape 's reaction made me laugh) ... three months after he posted that biased info on f-22 , colonel krutov stated something new that the aerodyanmic structure of f-22 was theortically capable of mach 2.34(which was confirmed by GRU) and yes it turned out to be true.. 2 year before it was officially confirmed by test pilot

The Mach 2.42 figure is cited by test pilot Paul Metz. The Air Force merely says "Mach 2 class"—meaning something greater than Mach 2
en.wikipedia.org...-4

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yuri Maltsev, former senior adviser to Mikhail Gorbachev spilled the beans: "Russia has become the criminal capital of the world. In Russia today, the organized Mafia and the government are one and the same thing. They're two hands of the same ruling elite." This state of affairs began with the founding of the Soviet state. "The Soviet state security apparatus was essentially staffed by criminals collected from Russian prisons . . . In short, you had a criminal state using criminals to enforce what it called the law."

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
dude, ask any WW2 pilot of Britain and they will tell you that if it wasn't for the Polish pilots who fought there Britain would have most likely been invaded by the Nazis. Have you even heard of the Polish 303 of ww2? why do you think they were called, along with some US pilots, "The Glamour Boys of England"? but i'm sure the Brits would have given them hell if they tried to invade, and even if they succeded in taking England the fighting wouldn't have stopped. because Hitler couldn't get air supremacy over England, LARGELY IN THANKS TO THE 303/and the best of the RAF, he changed his mind and instead invaded Russia. that turned the tide of the war. if you knew half as much as you think you did about the Battle of Britain, you would agree that the Polish, Czech, and French pilots that flew in attachments with the RAF played a decisive role in the battle. the Polish pilots alone accounted for over 20% of the kills, and having much fewer numbers than their British counterparts- in perspective were more efficient. Don't ge tme wrong, the Brits were awesome pilots, but after a while many of their best were killed and they had to bring in raw recruits. thats where the battle experienced foreigners came in. The 303 downed more fighters on its own than any other RAF squadron, attachment or not, did in the history of the airfoce in England. I suggest you read up on it.

here's 2 really amazing books about it- A Question of Honor & The Forgotten Few.

as for the Western allies freeing Poland. BS. they gave it right to the Soviets who made it part of the Soviet Union. They set up THEIR own political officials in a communist government in Poland. You telling me that's free? The Soviet leaders hated the Polish, until Gorbachev. Then that's where Pope John Paul II and Ronald Reagan come in. Gorbachev, Reagan, and the Pope were mostly responsible for the fall of the SSR, and thus freeing not only Poland but all the eastern countries. the western allies did a few supply drops in Poland, but too little too late.

Even so, I have massive respect to any pilot of WW2. They don't get enough respect for what they did. nuff said, can we get back on topic now?

[correct me if i am wrong, it was Gorbachev right? not Kruschev? i get all the Soviet leaders mixed up easily, except for Stalin and Lenin]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
and btw, i never said they turned the tide of war themselves. The Battle of Britain itself was what changed everything.

it caused teh Luftwaffe lose many of its best pilots. the Nazi agenda was changed towards invading the east. the Soviets were losing up until Stalingrad, where supplies from the US and UK helped them win teh battle, and push west.

that my friend was the total U Turn of the war.

and this is my last off topic post, u can U2U me about this and i'll enlighten you on some facts you might not know, and u can do the same for me. Sound like a plan?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join