It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teletactile...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When a person sees a person doing something, it's normal for them to feel some sort of connection to them. It's normal to analyze. It's normal to wonder "why" and what not...

It's different for me and always has been.

You know when you're hungry and you imagine the tastes of foods kind of like they're in your mouth at that moment? Now imagine being able to taste that food so clearly and definitely that you can satisfy almost any craving for food you might get.

...that might explain my anorexic-reminiscent weight...

When you see somebody touching a soft blanket, you can kind of feel it too, right? Most can. What's different for me is when I see someone touching that blanket, it feels almost as if I enter their body and am feeling it directly through them.

It goes the same for painful experiences though. Stub your toe and I'll feel it. Burn yourself and I'll feel it. It's apparently not the same magnitude, but it's definitely not pleasurable either. It's kind of like having leather or something and but still feeling the vibrations when you get hit.

I've got used to it though. Pain and pleasure are a part of life, I don't mind.

My question is, does anybody else have similar feelings? Or know a good explanation for how this works?

[edit on 17-12-2006 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I used to get the same thing when I was a kid....not with food though.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by Mysterien]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No I havent gotten that kind of empathic projections. Thats kinda cool. Although from expirence with my ex wife be carefull of the anorexia.

I get memories of things that happened in the past shoved into my brain when I go somewhere, where something significant to someone happened. A battlefield a party something. If I am somewhere where someone created a powerfull memory I get that memory.

Your kind of ability could be usefull in fields such as psychology. But seriously be carefull with the Anna problem, I could send you a nasty description of what that does to a person.

To answer your question. Humans are big radio emiters. We work a lot like Wi Fi connections. You just have your receiver hummed in on peoples physical stimuli. your brain picks up the tactile signals transmited from other individuals and your brain doing it's job sends these singals out to whatever they were in the host. So you feel what they are feeling. Must be great durring sex LOL Just Kiding.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
No I havent gotten that kind of empathic projections. Thats kinda cool. Although from expirence with my ex wife be carefull of the anorexia.

I get memories of things that happened in the past shoved into my brain when I go somewhere, where something significant to someone happened. A battlefield a party something. If I am somewhere where someone created a powerfull memory I get that memory.

Your kind of ability could be usefull in fields such as psychology. But seriously be carefull with the Anna problem, I could send you a nasty description of what that does to a person.

Trust me, I'm not anorexic

That's interesting. Are the memories you gain in third or first person?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades

That's interesting. Are the memories you gain in third or first person?

The memories I get are as if I did them myself. Realy screwy when I go to somewhere like England.

I am glad to hear that you arn't anorexic. That is a frightening disease I have seen what it does first hand.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The memories I get are as if I did them myself. Realy screwy when I go to somewhere like England.

I am glad to hear that you arn't anorexic. That is a frightening disease I have seen what it does first hand.

Wow, that would be weird. Sorry I'm going to ask a lot of questions...

Do you like remember the physical feelings with the memories, or is it kind of like a dream?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
it's just like any actual memory. The whole thing is there in living color. I don't often remember touch or other tactile input from the memory just the sights, sounds and emotions. Don't let me hijack your post. if you have more questions U2U me or send me an email.

Have you thought of working on your ability and getting it under controll? making it work for you?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Intriguing. It seems you have Empathy to an extreme. Can you tell where the person is hurt?
If you can then you'd be pretty useful helping out around a Doctor's Office. I think you'd do pretty well as a nurse if that is the case.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Have you thought of working on your ability and getting it under controll? making it work for you?

I'm not really sure how one would get better at it...I've tried chakra meditation and things like that, but never with any great intent. Do you have any suggestions?

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Intriguing. It seems you have Empathy to an extreme. Can you tell where the person is hurt?
If you can then you'd be pretty useful helping out around a Doctor's Office. I think you'd do pretty well as a nurse if that is the case.

Not really specific areas most of the time; it's just a general sense of pain. In the case that I see the actual event it can be more intense in specific areas.

Problem with being a doctor or a nurse is I hate blood...makes me cringe!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can relate to this experience as well. I'm terribly empathic in nature.

Mine manifests as a level of understanding of where the other person is coming from, the ability to translate what's being said into what they're really try to say in the majority of cases. It's kind of an interconnectedness with the overall human experience that transcends language.

Does your empathy go so far as to transcend language and get to emotional feelings as well? Or does it center around physical sensations?

[edit on 18-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I can relate to this experience as well. I'm terribly empathic in nature.

Mine manifests as a level of understanding of where the other person is coming from, the ability to translate what's being said into what they're really try to say in the majority of cases. It's kind of an interconnectedness with the overall human experience that transcends language.

Does your empathy go so far as to transcend language and get to emotional feelings as well? Or does it center around physical sensations?

I do indeed get feelings which seem similar to those you described. I seem to understand ideas others are trying to communicate more clearly than compared to most I've encountered. Children seem to appreciate it!

[edit on 18-12-2006 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How wonderful!

That's a rare and sought after talent in a lot of personal relations fields - counseling, working with children and the elderly...

So much potential there.

I hope your journey through life brings you in contact with many varied and beautiful people!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I can only recommend that people take a stroll through Rupert Sheldrake's homepage. Here you will find scientific evidence to suggest that telepathy is a real phenomenon, and a tentative theory to explain it to do with what he calls "the extended mind".

There's some great stuff on there, and some great links too.

DCP

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
anytime a guy gets hit in the groin every guy feels pain. every
Not kidding...next time you see some guy get hit in the groin look around, every guy is winsing in pain.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCP
anytime a guy gets hit in the groin every guy feels pain. every
Not kidding...next time you see some guy get hit in the groin look around, every guy is winsing in pain.

Seriously? Wow, don't blow my mind like that!

Originally posted by rich23
I can only recommend that people take a stroll through Rupert Sheldrake's homepage. Here you will find scientific evidence to suggest that telepathy is a real phenomenon, and a tentative theory to explain it to do with what he calls "the extended mind".

You know I've always believed telepathy was a sort of 'animalistic' communication. It makes sense to me that in the absence of language, an alternate but more efficient form of 'talking' would have to evolve.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
sounds like some form of psionic empathy, perhaps you could develop
it please keep in contact with me

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well you recognise the person is in pain right? So look into it become that pain, feel it as if the person is feeling it themselves. Now the trick would be if you could reverse the process and resend your singnal back to the person with the opposite feeling. For instance you feel that the person is in pain in their right shoulder. You feel that pain in the right shoulder. You remember your right shoulder does not actualy hurt so you resend that message to the person along the same path that you received the orriginal message. It would be interesting to see that it would work.

Like I said I don't have the ability you do. So I don't have a point of reference to go by. I can only imagine possibilites for this.

top topics

join