It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Exist -- The Probing Mind

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Then deny it, don't support it.
LOL, you started a thread entitled "Did Jesus Exist....." Looks to me like you're seeking religious enlightenment. In fact, it couldn't be more blatantly obvious.

actually the thread was opened to bring forth an article

Why do you mainly seek out (and post in) religious spiritual threads? If you're not seeking religion. Are you seeking to destroy other people's beliefs?

well, i'm an atheist
i voice my opinions on the topics, just to bring forth a different light on the discussion

Are you evil?

actively questioning the validity of myths is not evil
hell, how would you define evil?

I know this, like I said, you are still searching........
Sometimes finding him is a long difficult journey.

no, i'm not searching
to assert that god certainly exists is both arrogant and delusional
to assert that god certainly does not exist is also arrogant and delusional
i'm not going to find anything because i'm not searching for religion
it's actually quite offensive that you assume this about me, i don't assume that christians that try to convert atheists are doing so because they are secretly atheist, do i?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
I don't assume that christians that try to convert atheists are doing so because they are secretly atheist, do i?

They wouldn't be Christians then, would they?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

They wouldn't be Christians then, would they?

my point exactly

i wouldn't be an atheist if i'm seeking a supernatural explaination

i look at evidence
if you present me with evidence that a deity exists, i'll evaluate it and get back to you on it
i won't go out looking for it

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurningOverFriday
And all I have to post is this (for now)

www.tektonics.org...

Great find TurningOverFriday, an interesting article about the foolishness of the people who believe Jesus was a myth.

This says it all:

At first glance, the "Jesus-myth" seems to be a stroke of genius: To eliminate Christianity and any possibility of it being true, just eliminate the founder!

And isn't that exactly what these people are trying to do?

All Christians listen up! The enemies of Christ are trying to destroy Christianity, these puppets of Satan will not prevail, Jesus said so, he said "heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away".

We must stand up for our belief in the truth, we must prevail to the end.

6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."REVELATION 21: 6-9

Listen! Read my signature, if you can believe what Jesus said, we will make it, and we will inherit what he has promised.

God bless, and fight the good fight of faith!

[edit on 17-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The question remains: What on earth could possess otherwise intelligent and educated people to be so uncritical in their beliefs regarding the existence of Jesus? Here is my advice in the matter: If you have encountered people like this, I highly recommend that you provide a clear presentation of the Gospel, then leave them alone. It is a waste of time to deal with such people (except to the extent that they are deceiving others), we perform no service any time that we so much as imply that their views should be taken seriously. Their views are the result of a fallen and sinful human nature, of rampant egotism and arrogance, and nothing more.

From THIS website.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

And all I have to post is this (for now)

www.tektonics.org...

Great find TurningOverFriday, an interesting article about the foolishness of the people who believe Jesus was a myth.

Thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It is a waste of time to deal with such people (except to the extent that they are deceiving others), we perform no service any time that we so much as imply that their views should be taken seriously. Their views are the result of a fallen and sinful human nature, of rampant egotism and arrogance, and nothing more.

i'm not fallen
i'm not really sinful
i don't see myself as egotistical or arrogant

actually, those last 2 are highly dangerous stereotypes that are frequently applied to the non-theistic community

so i must repeat this yet again
me saying that there is almost certainly no god is less arrogant than your claim that there is certainly a god

why?
because mine implies that my position is possibly wrong
the statement that god certainly exists is an absolute statement, and therefore an arrogant one in relation to matters of spirituality

All Christians listen up! The enemies of Christ are trying to destroy Christianity, these puppets of Satan will not prevail, Jesus said so, he said "heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away".

hatespeech much?
demonizing a group is the second step to genocide
the first being selecting an enemy group
by saying that we are puppets of satan you are simply being hateful
look at my sig to show you what i'm all about
i am no enemy of "christ"
i'm an enemy of delusions

and "jesus" is a myth
that doesn't mean there is no truth involved
all myths contain some shred of truth

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

hatespeech much?
demonizing a group is the second step to genocide
the first being selecting an enemy group
by saying that we are puppets of satan you are simply being hateful
look at my sig to show you what i'm all about
i am no enemy of "christ"
i'm an enemy of delusions

Jesus said, if you are not for him, you are against him, there is no two ways about it.

If your not on the side of God, then who's side are you on?

Who is speaking of genocide? I am simply warning people to beware of deceivers, You should know that is not what people who follow Christ do.

Look at my sig, and realize your true purpose, your purpose to become great, and not just another mediocre atheist, not that there is anything wrong with that, if that is what you desire.

Atheism does not build up people, if you want to become a great person, read the bible.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Jesus said, if you are not for him, you are against him, there is no two ways about it.

If your not on the side of God, then who's side are you on?

well, to me there is no conflict to begin with
so i'm not involved

Who is speaking of genocide? I am simply warning people to beware of deceivers, You should know that is not what people who follow Christ do.

you implied i'm a PUPPET OF SATAN
that is hatespeech

Look at my sig, and realize your true purpose, your purpose to become great, and not just another mediocre atheist, not that there is anything wrong with that, if that is what you desire.

so you're saying that the purpose of THESE PEOPLE
and THESE OTHER PEOPLE
is one of mediocrity?
are you saying that only a christian can be great?

Atheism does not build up people, if you want to become a great person, read the bible.

so none of the 398 people i listed is great?
what about the agnostics?
is bill gates, world's leading philanthropist, not a great man?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

these puppets of Satan will not prevail

Do you not think that people can question the historicity of certain individuals using their own rational thought?

Or does another mythical character need to control us to do such a thing?

You sound like some Islamic mullah...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

or some of the christian preachers i hear all the time

when we flex our rational thought muscles we must really be excersising the tool of the devil himself...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

these puppets of Satan will not prevail

Do you not think that people can question the historicity of certain individuals using their own rational thought?

Nearly every atheist historian and non-Christian historian know that Jesus existed. Obviously none of them have any rational thought.
Holocaust deniers and the "Jesus Myth" people are in the same camp. A few rogue "historians" don't believe it, so what happens? Major magazines and newspapers pick it up and write articles on them to make a bit more money. This is why that crap gets so much attention. "Oh, it was in Time magazine, it must be legit."

If you really look at the evidence that you crave so much, and I mean really look at it, they'll both be there. (I'm not saying you're denying the Holocaust:shk: )

[edit on 17-1-2007 by TurningOverFriday]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
TurningOverFriday, you have proven godwin's law correct
it took 5 pages, but a comaparison to nazis, the holocaust (and/or denial of said event), and/or hitler has been drawn

your comparison just invalidates your entire argument

there are pictures to back up the claims that the holocaust happened
there are survivors (one of whom i know personally, she's a sweet person)

there aren't any documents written during the life of "jesus" to support his existence
there aren't even documents written by people that lived during the "life of jesus" to support his existence

[edit on 1/17/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If you really look at the evidence that you crave so much, and I mean really look at it, they'll both be there. (I'm not saying you're denying the Holocaust:shk: )

If you read my earlier posts you'll see my position on this issue.

I just don't agree with the vilification of someone who does ask difficult questions with the 'tool of satan' tag.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

so none of the 398 people i listed is great?
what about the agnostics?
is bill gates, world's leading philanthropist, not a great man?

You should know that I'm not speaking of being great in the worlds eyes, I'm talking about being the kind of person God wants you to be.

32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.LUKE 12

Don't store up your riches where they will wear out.

Who Will Be the Greatest
46An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all—he is the greatest."
LUKE 9

Don't you know that the first will be last and the last will be first.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why?
because mine implies that my position is possibly wrong

Exactly.
Who would want to take a side that is possibly wrong?
LOL, why take the gamble?

Here's the deal:
If you are right, then when we all die nobody has anything to worry about in regard to Heaven and Hell (since you don't believe it exist)....
BUT, if I am right, then madness, you and melatonin have alot to worry about (maybe not here, but in the "hereafter").

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Why do you speak hate against the Muslims? are you prejudice or racist?:shk:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Here's the deal:
If you are right, then when we all die nobody has anything to worry about in regard to Heaven and Hell (since you don't believe it exist)....
BUT, if I am right, then madness, you and melatonin have alot to worry about (maybe not here, but in the "hereafter").

how many more times am i going to have to hear pascal's wager?

your thought is logically bankrupt

why?
there are thousands of possible options for who is right, so you're taking just as much of a gamble as i am
the only difference is that i admit that i may be wrong

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Why do you speak hate against the Muslims? are you prejudice or racist?:shk:

Heheh, where was the hate?

I was comparing you to a dark-age islamic wahhabi fundamentalist. No hate, they exist, and so do you, you are more alike than you think.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join