It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Audi R10 will run on biodiesel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah your eyes aren't playing tricks on you the Audi R10 will run Biodiesel!!!

Here the soucres!!!!

www.autocult.com.au...

What you guys think!!!!!!! I'm dying to know!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That's very interesting. It will be even more interesting to see how well it does at Le Mans.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It won the 24 Heures du Mans.

Any diesel engine will run on biodiesel.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That's correct, diesel is the compression of air (that heats up at high pressure) that ingnites the fuel and thus start a combustion process that drives the engine (correct me if i'm wrong), in theory you could drive a diesel engine on any combustable fuels.

I like to use the dieseling effect in my pellet gun, I put a bit of oil in the pellet's skirt so when the air from the piston hits the drop of oil it combusts and the pressure increases considderably pushing the pellet out 200FPS faster (no I didn't chrono it). sorry not trying to HiJack here (puts his box cutter down).

Back to topic, i'd love to have a bio-diesel car, i'd just pick up grease from McDonalds, filter it and have free fuel!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You cant' just throw waste vegetable oil (WVO) in a diesel and run it. If the engine is up to operating temperature and you add highly filtered WVO it will run, but upon stopping the engine and cooling it, the engine will not restart on WVO. Biodiesel is diesel fuel. you can start and run any diesel engine on biodiesel, it's only limitation is that in it's purer forms, it gels at higher temperatures than #2 diesel fuel (about 40 degrees fahrenheit for B100, or pure biodiesel).

www.biodiesel.org...

top topics

join