It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Urantia Papers - advice wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi
This is my very first post, so if this is not the right place or if this topic has been covered to death then please accept my apologise..

I have recently come across The Urantia Papers , (mainly as a result of reading Prometheus Rising), and from what i have read so far im finding them pretty fascinating. Before i look further into these and start to research them i wondered if anyone out there has looked into them and can offer any advice/places to look or basically let me know if it will be a big fat waste of my time...

Ive had a quick look round and although there seem to be skeptics, there seems to be no-one who is actually, catagorically denying the authenticity of the papers.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ubhoax.org...

I guess someone may save you a little time and convince you from wasting a few days of your life reading Urantia which you may never get back ? or possibly you could just read it as fiction ? make up your own mind then

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here's the Urantia documents for those among us who would like to check it out for ourselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I find that too many people mispercieve according to biased thinking that blinds their eyes from seeing the truth. They already have assumed a thing and thus they'll find evidence that "proves" something is wrong because it doesn't mix well with what they wish to believe.

This is what I've found when it comes to the "Urantia Papers". I've found that the greatest majority of "debunkers" twist the reality of the papers and what they have to say to "prove" their points.

It doesn't help that the Urantia Papers are written in a lauguage far higher in standards then most people are use to.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As I noted in this thread about Jacques Vallee and his investigation of Kirk Allen (a nom de guerre of a relatively famous CIA senior agent), the Kirk Allen case is another example of Urantia disinfo / delusion.

The Case of Kirk Allen

Urantia and rubbish like it are far from innocent delusions, whatever party authors them.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Have a copy here beside me...as well as the Bible.
Urantia is no worse than the Bible.

Take it for what it is, or rather enjoy the moment and if that includes reading Urantia...so be it. You will get the most out of anything this way.

Dont worry about what other think or feel about it.
AFter all, its your life...your journey.

As merton said,
“Society…was regarded [by the desert fathers] as a shipwreck from which each single individual man had to swim for his life.” - Thomas Merton - The Wisdom of the Desert.

Enjoy!

peace

dAlen

top topics

join