It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a bit wierd....the orange ball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi all,
This has been decades ago when I saw this...Orange ball UFO, so just for grins
I thought I would do a web search on just that............
Went to Goolge and typed in ...Orange ball UFO...and MUCH to my shock I got
576,000 hits back on my search.
That sorta blew me away, but am glad I was not the only one that has seen this
big hovering ball of orange light.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes, I had an encounter with 2 ufo's they were a yellow ball though...maybe it could be viewed as orange...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I live in northern Indiana which sees a lot of traffic over head from Ohare and Midway. I recall seeing an orange ball traveling in the sky to the north of us. Seemed to move very slow. It was not an airplane. This was about 18 years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
how wierd, i've also seen an orange light. i just saw it last night. it was bright and it looked like a star and that's what i htought it was. but one minute it was in one spot and the next it was across the sky. i turned around to see if my bro noticed and when i looked back it was gone

Ram

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
me also seen orange light - pulsating.
Moving a bit then dissapear. was in 2005.

Just a few days ago - saturday - saw a bright light just a quick fade out thing - a short blink on the nightskies.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Ram]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
When i was about 10 and my brother about 7. we had a large orange ball swoop down over out house in the middle of the day and take off the top of a large pine tree. It left the upper tree burnt and smoldering, but not on fire.

My parents wrote it off as lightning (there was no storm).

The best scientific theory I could find is granite fissures causing plasma discharge.

Who knows though. One of the those mysteries.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My brother and I have witnessed a green orb. I alone have seen a white/blue orb that exploded. The weather was clear on both occasions. The best explanation i've been able to come up with is "ball lightning." Who knows?

Here's a link explaining ball lightning that you may find to be interesting:
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
4 yellow stars turning into orange/red balls and then flying off quickly/disapearing entirely and then two fast moving jets fly underneath and then saw a beautiful blue lightning come out of a craft but it was horizontal.

Haha I win

p.s. 4212 I just read your link and find it fascinating... however, how do you or anyone else explain how before they took that shape they were yellow stars? And ther horizontal vs. vertical lightning? And the F-16's flying next to eachother right under the crafts?

[edit on 18-12-2006 by jaguarmike]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Jaguarmike, I have no idea.
Sounds pretty wild, though! I've also seen some crazy UFOs that I cannot explain.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
When i was about 10 and my brother about 7. we had a large orange ball swoop down over out house in the middle of the day and take off the top of a large pine tree. It left the upper tree burnt and smoldering, but not on fire.

My parents wrote it off as lightning (there was no storm).

The best scientific theory I could find is granite fissures causing plasma discharge.

Who knows though. One of the those mysteries.

What?!? It left behind physical evidence? Does this tree still exist? If so you should have it studied.

Tell me what you think of this, and yes, there should still be evidence left even after this long time.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
well, out out of what I've read, this seems pretty common for people to see these balls of light, although I've never seen them. I think these balls might really be ball lighning, as expressed already. I belive in UFOs, so I can't say that the balls of light are absolutly not UFOs. I think it's possible that they are UFOs, but they can also be lightning. Or maybe you all are just seeing things?
I wouldn't know though, I've never seen these ball UFOs. I've actually never really seen a UFO at all. I've seen lights in the sky that look different than stars, but thay always ended up bring planes.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
What?!? It left behind physical evidence? Does this tree still exist? If so you should have it studied.

Tell me what you think of this, and yes, there should still be evidence left even after this long time.

Last time I was at the old place (about 3 year ago) the tree was still there but has long since regrown. I'm sure SOME signs are still there if you look hard enough. The tree grew asymmetrically after half of it was burned away. (typical to damage to a tree)

If you want to go study it, be my guest. I'm in Maryland in the US. Just let me know if you want to swing by with your crack research team. I'm guessing you'll find a old burnt tree.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunnyohare1
I live in northern Indiana which sees a lot of traffic over head from Ohare and Midway. I recall seeing an orange ball traveling in the sky to the north of us. Seemed to move very slow. It was not an airplane. This was about 18 years ago.

I live in southern indiana and I saw this last summer. It flew upwards in a parabolic like arc and leveled out along the horizon then disappeared in the distance after a minute or so.

Of course, no one believed me because it was the fourth of july.

My brother also saw a yellowish/orangish light flying at the tops of the trees in the back of my house in the late 90's. He said it looked as if someone was in the tops of the trees with aflashlight hopping branch to branch. This was 2 or 3 in the morning so I doubt that is what it was.

Anyway, interesting other people have seen this stuff.

new topics

top topics

join