It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Video: Meteor crashes few hundred feet from these people. Is this real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I stumbled across this video on Google and was wondering what your opinions are. My first intstinct was that this had to be fake, but now I'm not so sure. They're all blown over from the force of the impact, something that looks realistic to me. But at the same time the meteor looks kind of CGI. Is this fake?

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it should go without saying that thats fake, the truck drives out of the crater, I am pretty sure thats just a commercial for a truck to show how strong it is, and someone just took out the logo or something.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, that was a television commercial for a truck.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's a commercial for Toyota Tacoma trucks.

www.methodstudios.com...

Another:

www.methodstudios.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is sadly, and to my dismay, and complimenting my current lack of respect for our species, the second time since my being here on ATS where a member thought this commercial was real.

Honestly, second time.

First time bad enough.

Second time..

Well I'm at a loss for words.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Rockpuck, everyone makes a mistake, and what better place to bring up something weird than here?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Rockpuck, everyone makes a mistake, and what better place to bring up something weird than here?

Thank you Nygdan!

I had a feeling it was fake, and the people who have been here longer than me have seen all the fakes before so it's a fast way to find out. Didn't expect it to be so commonly known though...
I hope my reputation isn't permanently damaged!

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

First time bad enough.

Second time..

Well I'm at a loss for words.

COme on now, where is your understanding of fellow man?
This isnt the same guy asking if it is real, this is a new guy asking if it is real. Why was it ok for the first guy to not know, but the second guy elicits a 'loss of words' and a
?
Im glad that this came up again, because it means that new people are out there researching, studying, finding out, learning, looking into things.

God Bless the young blood.
Dr. Leary, keep on surfing brother, and feel free to post anything you stumble across. I assure you we have all been deceived at some point.
You did the right thing by bringing this to the forum and asking if it was real.
For future reference there is an old saying that goes- Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. WOrds to live by IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Heh, thanks for the laugh. I saw this on TV long before I saw it on the Internet...well, here, specifically. I didn't even know that people were trying to pass this off as genuine!

I'm not going be like Rockpuck. I've made similar mistakes in the past myself! There's a lot of crap on the Internet, and if one isn't careful, such a mistake is easily made.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thank you 11Bravo and supercheetah!

I think someone on ATS suggested making a dedicated forum for debunked images and videos. Does anyone know if there has been any progress on this? It seems the same pictures and videos keep popping up a lot, to the dismay of senior users

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
Thank you 11Bravo and supercheetah!

I think someone on ATS suggested making a dedicated forum for debunked images and videos. Does anyone know if there has been any progress on this? It seems the same pictures and videos keep popping up a lot, to the dismay of senior users
Well, I'm trying to do just that, but there's a lot of stuff here, and I can't possibly debunk it all, not to mention I'd hate to debunk something that is actually true, even if it does seem completely off the wall.

[edit on 12/18/2006 by supercheetah]

new topics

top topics

join