It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one miss the old ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I for one liked the old ATS interface better.
I do admit that the web design of the new one is better from a graphical point of view, shiny buttons,and a more luxorios black backgorund, but it's confusing and it's not exactly friendly.
Too many links that lead to the same place, the black backgorund is nice but can seem confusing at times, makes it harder to concetrate, text is too small in width, the old one gave the impresion of reading a book, this one some times gives the impresion that I'm reading a menu and not a thread, my opinion is that it is too artificial, everythins seems too small and too compact.
Any one liked the previos version better?

[edit on 17-12-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
honestly its a forum so i dont really care

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry, I like this one better. I don't have the problems that some are complaining about, like links leading to the same place? problems reading text? width of text? It all looks the same to me. Just darker, cooler and shinier!

I'm using Firefox, and I have a fairly small LCD to begin with so maybe that's why. Nothing is smaller to me...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think the problem is everyone's browser.
Everyone needs to flip over to firefox.
this site is gorgeous, I love it.
I like dark backgrounds because it's easier on the eyes.
and plus, it gives it more of an updated look.
New things never hurt anyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In all honesty, I like this version much better than the old version. I feel like the new version has a more serious interface. To me, the old version with its rainbow plethora of colors was almost "clownish." The current version is, in my opininon, much better.

Ex

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........NO!!

I love the new look!
It looks as it should accomplished and polished!

A Site to be respected from the front page in...
that obviously is well conceived and has fertile minds
and many opinions inside!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The look's irrelevant to me. It's all about the content and navigability, which is fine.

If the big guys think an upgrade helps things out, and they're willing and able to do the work, it's no skin off my onion.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This might sound bitchy, but I can't enjoy ATS any more, the layout of everything is just plain weird and everything is so dark.

But I guess there's nothing I can do about so I'll guess it's my time to drift away for a while.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My first reaction to the "new ATS" was, well, negative. Of course, this was a reaction to having to face "something new". I now had to get used to something new and different.

It's taken me a few days to start getting "the old feel for ATS" again.

Now, I have to admit that I am starting to like it. I guess like all things, I'll get used to this "new ATS". I can even foresee a time when, in the next few years or so, I'll have to face getting used to a new interface.

Actually, to date, the one complaint is the rather dark tone to the site. At times it is even difficult to read certain aspects of the site; in particular, user names and the like. I'm sure things will be fine-tuned as we go along.

Regardless, I must say that the site is starting to grow on me as it seems to function smoothly and the daunting task to organize all of the information on this site has been undertaken. All I can say is that all of this certainly bodes well for the future of this great site.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I like this new look alot, BUT there is one thing (a small thing) but there used to be a link at the bottom of the page to go back to the page of the topic your on, now we have to go back up to the top of the page to go back.
Some could say just press back on your browser but it doesn't refresh the page.

Other than that small little thing, I think this is alot better and cooler...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
OK....I've some time over the past day or so to really check out the "new ATS". I love it!

The only thing that I don't love is the new chat. OK, maybe it is a beta but, darn it, if it's any indication of what the "final version" is supposed to look like, the chat has a long way to go before it can even compare with the 'old chat'.

Of course, perhaps the biggest problem with the 'new chat' is the character limit on the user name. I'm NOT benevolent tyra !!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I turned it back gray, so now I'm pretty happy. New ATS FTW!

top topics

join