It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General NFL Sports Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There have been two NFL games recently, Dallas vs Atlanta (Saturday) and Seattle vs San Fran. (Thurs). Neither game was televised on CBS, Fox, or ESPN, at least in my area. They were available on a subscription cable package, tho.

It seems to me that in the past, these games would have been televised without having to pay to see them.

Why is this? Is this the shape of things to come?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You can add

Dallas Cowboys vs New Orleans 12/16/06
and
Greenbay vs Minnesota 12/21/06

They're being televised on the NFL Network.
And here in Wisconsin,there isnt a option to even get the NFL network.Our cable company dosent offer it.

So i hope this isnt a continuing trend,as most areas dont get the NFL Network.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok, have a quick question for you guys

Is it possible to score for the other team? Say you run the ball to your end-zone (behind you team's current line), is that a touchdown for the other team? What about end-zone interceptions?

I know the answer...Just want to give myself a sanity check. The topic came up at a bar the other night.

Sporty

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Taking the ball into your own end zone, and being either tackled, or forced out of bounds results in a "Safety" and the opposing team is awarded two points, and you have to kick (punt or kickoff) to the scoring team. This is the only time that the team scoring points have to give the ball back to the scoring team. If the ball is received in the end zone on a kick (punt or kickoff), intercepted, or is a defensive fumble recovery, the ball can be "downed" and you will start an offensive set of downs from your 20 yard line.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
To add to MirthfulMe's answer, the second case is referred to as a "touchback".

But I think that if the defense recovers a fumble in the opponent's endzone it results in a touchdown.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, something that bothers me even more than what you mention OP, is that theNFL has limited the number of cameras that can be present at a game. This is not only going to affect the angles we are able to see the game from, but also as to whether the games will be televised at all. :shk:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, it appears that there are more NFL Network games in the queue. This year is the first year they have been doing this.

www.nfl.com...

The NFLN was started by the NFL after the 32 NFL owners unanimously approved it's formation in 2003. It's a money-making scheme, no doubt. But it is currently under investigation by the US congress to determine if it violates any FCC regulations.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join