It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day I Died: Near Death Experience - Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SlayerRock

Again, please take the time to research what you have just said.

Its very common for people with specific religious beliefs to have an NDE that relates to their beliefs, but its not the generic, from what i have gathered its different for everyone, and a mix, mostly it seems people that have an NDE, have a custom made NDE for each individual.

The bright light effect, is NOT always considered a religious thing, mostly people speak of love, a feeling of unconditional love.

Science's explanation of the white light/tunnel effect i think is a bit vague, one being that as someone dies the retina closes somewhat, and light that filters through is seen as a tunnel effect, and is integrated into the experience being felt, again thats based on the fact the brain is still active somewhat, many cases occur when the brain is completely inactive, dead, no brain waves, or any activity of any kind, its not possible to dream, hallucinate, feel any effects from chemicals released from the brain etc etc, because it has completly ceased to function.

Of course some NDE experiences sound more far fetched than others, but i have not gone into trying to prove or disprove NDE's based on those experiences, i have focused solely on what can be proved from a scientific point of view, ie, under all medical observations the patient was dead as a doornail, no brain function what so ever, yet were able to detail many things, once resuscitated afterwards, of the period they were completely dead, science DOES NOT HAVE AN ANSWER to that.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Denied]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i promise you that i have already researched it deeply or i wouldn't have commented on it.
im just pointing out that this will damage the reliability of NDE if people experience things according to their own beliefs.
either the people who go to hell and think that non christians go to hell are wrong, the non chistians who thnk they go into a light are wrong, or theyre both wrong. they cannot both be right is what im trying to put forward.

i honestly respect your opinion but in my opinion science has answered and explained NDEs

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SlayerRock]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlayerRock
i honestly respect your opinion but in my opinion science has answered and explained NDEs

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SlayerRock]

Prove it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Now if NDE's are based on people's faith and what not. That doesn't matter, what does matter is that these people are experiencing something. What they are experiencing is perhaps dimensional transition, a view into the after life or what not. This honestly adds more EVIDENCE to the Soul. Contradicting stories? Please Science contradicts itself a lot of the time, but that doesn't mean their is no validity in it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
what do you mean? what do you want me to prove?
im just saying that science has given a logical explanation for NDEs lol

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

the contradictions show that at least not all of them are reliable

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

the contradictions show that at least not all of them are reliable

im just saying that science has given a logical explanation for NDEs

Is that your answer and explanation from a scientific point of view?

Please reference this with a source, article, something.

So far you have not shown that science has an answer for this.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Reliable no. Valid YES. There is enough evidence to validify NDE's.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i'll send you the link tomorrow if thats ok.
i need to go and calm down for now as tbh i get infuriatd after talking to people who believe in this stuff for too long
sorry

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
And please do not talk about: Dr. Susan Blackmore and Dr. Michael Persingers work they have been throughly debunked and crushed. Also their is a lot of research to prove that NDE's do happen. Well anyway, we will wait for the link.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

i'll send you the link tomorrow if thats ok.
i need to go and calm down for now as tbh i get infuriatd after talking to people who believe in this stuff for too long
sorry

I feel infuriated when people make damning statements, with a complete lack of ability to even consider ALL information out there, and form judgments based on a state of mind unaware of their ignorance.

Im not here to make you believe, but your views are very short sighted, and for now, don't hold a lot of weight.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
im sorry that i get so frustrated. is just that i have been studying this for years and i know a lot about it. and i just really struggle to stay calm when people like themythlives starts posting comments about science that are not true.
i really do know a lot about this and i know that there is no such thing as an afterlife based on the evidence available

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

im sorry that i get so frustrated. is just that i have been studying this for years and i know a lot about it. and i just really struggle to stay calm when people like themythlives starts posting comments about science that are not true.
i really do know a lot about this and i know that there is no such thing as an afterlife based on the evidence available

For the love of God please show this vast knowledge and research you have accumulated over the last year, i would REALLY like to see it, seriously.

Post this evidence.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Denied]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Just because you study something does not mean you understand it. Also whatever I post about Science is true, I should know because my ENTIRE FREAKING FAMILY ARE SCIENTISTS, Physists, Biologists, Engineers, and the later.

You may think you know what you are talking about but you do not, scratch that, you may have knowledge of what you are talking about, but you do not understand it. The evidence suggests their is an afterlife.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wow people get real worked up on here about the NDE's i see. LOL
Well i am new to this site and i just wanted to post a reply after watching that awesome video and reading some of the posts on here.
I died back in 2006. I wont relate the whole boring story unless someone out there just has to hear it but suffice it to say i did die. I was at work and i felt it happening. My heart stopped and i was holding my carotid and felt it stop and even remember saying "Thats it" to the charge nurse. Oh by the way i work as a telemetry tech or Ekg tech in a hospital. Anyways i knew my heart was slowing and somehow i just knew it was going to stop and it did. Now i did not have a NDE. I had nothing. My heart stopped and was asystole or flat line to laymen for around 2 minutes.

The diagnosis i was given was neurocardiogenic syncope. fancy long term for passing out because your heart stops. You brady down or slow down your heart rhythm until it reaches cardiac standstill or stops. Now i did have all the usual characteristics of death. I was ash grey, no cardiac output and no breathing, also my pupils were dilated. They were about to code me with the crash cart and start cpr until i just woke up. Now this is not amazing since that is what happens with someone who has this condition.
Basically in a nutshell my heart has a enlarged left ventricle and causes a condition where i have poor return of bloodflow from my legs that causes my heart to strain to pump it back and this in turn causes the ventricle to stretch causing this lower heart rate. The lower the heart rate the lower the pressure gets so your heart strains even more causing the ventricle to stretch even more from the strain and resulting in a viscous cycle until finally your heart rate slows so low it stops. Now all this was confirmed when they put me through whats called a tilt table test that recreats the situation and yes i died again. Heart stopped and everything again. And as before i felt it coming and tried to warn the nurse who assured me i would just pass out from low blood pressure but my heart wont stop. LOL
I woke up 65 seconds later according to the EKG when my heart restarted to her on my chest doing compressions> LOL
Anyways long story short i never once saw anything.. God i wish i did. Would have loved to meet god or someone. What i did experience was what someone in one the posts commented on as a peaceful feeling. I do not remember anything of being anywhere or feeling anything while unconcious but.....as soon as i woke up i hated it. I wanted not to be awake. All i knew was i had been at complete peace and no words can even begin to describe this. Its so outside of explanation but i can say that i would rather be in that state than in this one.
As a result i do not fear death anymore at all. I know it is going to happen again and i welcome it when it does but i also am happy to be here. I just remember how dissapointed i felt waking up and feeling like i was just at the most completely satisfied and peaceful i had ever been in my life and it is over.
Also as a result of all this i share something else with those who have died and had a NDE. My life as a result did change. I did go through a kind of reconing with god and wanting to confess my sins and make good and i did for a time. Then my wife whom i have loved all my life and who i really did feel was my soul mate, left me. We have been seperated now for 3 years. I died in Feb 2006 and she decided to end us in May of 2006. I lost my faith in god over it. I just decided i didnt care anymore.
Between both experiences and maybe both occuring at the same time i just quit caring for a long time. Now things have gotten better for me and i am coming around again but i no longer let things bother me the way they used to. I know its just not worth it. I am not as stressed anymore about all of lifes problems as i used to be. Anyways thats it from me. Love all the posts and i love this site!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Hey thanks for that post, was very interesting reading, and i hope you are feeling more upbeat now, after what sounded like a differcult separation.

I know that out of all the people who have cardiac arrest, not all have NDE's, would be interesting to find the statistics on that, in the video posted, they only take in account the portion of NDE experiences where certain factors were met, one main one being they were clinically declared dead, brain dead.

Maybe thats when the mind makes the jump, as the host is no longer viable, or at least not at that present time.

Ive always believed are bodies are like vessels, that carry our soul in this world.

Im glad you enjoyed the video, its one of those video's that i can watch several times over a long period and never tire from it, whenever i get synical with life, and lose hope, NOT OFTEN i might add lol, i find watching this gives me hope.

My belief is not a response to fearing the unknown when we go, because if there is nothing, then it will be absolutely nothing, nothing to fear as im not aware of my situation.

But there is something going on with these people who experience this, the world is full of mystery, yet very little of that is taken seriously.

Again thanks for your input...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Fascinating thread, it is a subject that I have long had an interest in and have read a great deal about.

After reading the last couple of posts, I thought it might be worth mentioning that it is likely that some of those who seem not to have had an experience when they have been near death may have but simply don't remember it. Same way that we often don't remember dreams, everyone dreams when they sleep but some folks never remember them atall. One tell-tale sign is that left-over feeling that seems to have no cause to it.

I have seen it said by people who are able to go out of body that sometimes it is very difficult to bring the memory of things experienced out of body through into the conscious mind. One thing that affects the ability to do this is whether or not the mind is able to focus on the experience immediately after and go over it - that seems to somehow solidify it so that it can be consciously recalled at will. Kind of like when you wake up in the morning - you remember bits of a dream, if you focus on it right away you can sometimes remember more but if you don't have the chance to do that, have to jump right up and get ready for work, then the dream can vanish from memory and you can't recall any of it. I guess if someone comes round from an NDE and there is all sorts of stuff going on then it is not surprising that some people might not remember their NDE.

We probably should also consider that maybe some people just aren't meant to remember - that it would affect them in such a way as to make it more difficult for them to learn those lessons that have been set for them in this life.

I would also mention that I do have a few accounts of people who've experienced a form of 'hell' - unfortunately I can't get to the relevant book right now as I have a lot of stuff packed away whilst work is being done on the house. However, one thing is clear from those accounts and that is that 'hell' is not meant to be a permanent state, effectively it is a condition created by negative emotion and that you get out of it basically by opening your heart up to love.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"the myth lives": i actualy do very much undestand all the knowledge i have so i would appreciate it if you stop attacking me. and you telling me that your family are scientists wont convince me because i believe that your a liar. no offence but all that you have posted as scientific evidence is false so i consider you to be either lying or ignorant
i dont like argunig with people. it just frustrates me that you insist on posting lies and calling it science. im just goin to put you on my ignore list as its obvious that you're just trying to cause trouble and i dont come to these forums for this sort of thing

[edit on 29-5-2009 by SlayerRock]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well i can see most people don't believe in nde, But i can tell you it was very real for me and there is nobody that can tell me it was'nt real.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I must say I am a little upset about what some are saying here. I wanted to share with you what my Mother said to me about her NDE. A little background on my Mother might bring more to light as well. She was Native American, was an orphan at age 5, lost contact with most of her brothers and sisters as she was taken to the city and was in an orphanage until age 17. This was difficult for her and the only way she knew to cope from a early age was to be tough, to not take anything from anyone. Therefore her exterior was rough and inside she was broken. I experienced the rough and didn't really begin to undersand where she was coming from until I was in my 30's. I was away on vacation and she became very sick and was taken to the hospital. Her heart stopped and they revived her. After 2 or 3 days she was better but still in the hospital by the time I was able to get to her bedside. She smiled at me (very rare for her to smile at me) she said she wanted to tell me what happened to her. She said she saw the light and went toward it and the further she went the more peaceful she felt. She said that everything that had hurt her in life was gone in an instant and replaced by a peace that she could not even describe. She spoke of everything being so beautiul. She said she wanted to stay but felt she was being called back - when she woke she was angry (the Drs. confirmed this) because she was back to life. Her anger in time faded away and she became the Mother I had always wanted. She lived several more years until she got cancer, she knew she was slowly dying again and she welcomed it. She didn't become religious because of her experience but I would say she was more Spiritual in nature, more loving and patient with others. She passed to the other side in her sleep and I know she was not afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join