It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day I Died: Near Death Experience - Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Could she recall what was said, by anyone while this was happening?

I'll have to ask her, I'm not sure she remembers, this was 1967, she knows generally that the Dr's conversation had to do with saving her. I'll see her this weekend, and will ask her if she remembers anything specific.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anyone else had a NDE?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Could she recall what was said, by anyone while this was happening?

I asked her and she said that she could hear the doctors talking about her blood pressure dropping and that they were concerned about her and that she was in shock.

She thought it was an interesting perspective She felt the ceiling would not hold her in if she had chosen to continue to 'rise' and that she conciously chose to try to get back to her body as soon as she could.

She felt it was interesting.

They were so concerned about her condition they forgot to see what time I was born. They finally decided I was born at 11:55 PM on 4/3/67.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I asked her and she said that she could hear the doctors talking about her blood pressure dropping and that they were concerned about her and that she was in shock.

This is presumably while she was flat lined?
This is also the argument of the skeptics, that a NDE might occur when the brain is still active, only the patient feels it happened when they were dead....

More NDE experiences are always welcome.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is presumably while she was flat lined?

Well, the Dr told my father after it was over that they almost lost her. So apparently she didn't actually die, but she definitely went out of body and above the room, her physical body being unconcious.

Something else she said-after she got back in her body, her leg was over the Dr's shoulder, and she didn't recognize it, she asked the Dr, 'what's that'?

He told her it was her leg.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When you think about it, "Reality" is just a construct of our five senses. When there's a distortion or change due to some event it's hard to tell how much of that is due to an external event and how much is really objective.

When a antelope is predated upon by a lion, it goes into a strange state, almost blissful, or peaceful. There are chemicals its body that change the way they experience the event. It's a 'protective mechanism'.

People might have similar mechanisms going on.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Bump, old thread, anyone have a NDE to share?

I have also heard somewhere, that test pilots, that are spun in that G machine, i cant remember the exact name of it, where they test pilots against immense amounts of G force, i had heard that many pilots when they passed out from lack of blood in their head, actually described what sounds very much like an NDE, could it be just a release of chemicals and nothing more?

**Apologies, i only just realised the video link is down, and i cant find another source any where.....

It was a great video, wanted to watch it again.**

Here is a link to buy the video, with details on it, and a preview option.

www.films.com...

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Denied]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Since original video link is no longer online, i did some searching, so for those of you that would like to watch a short video on NDE's, here you go.

Unfortunately its not the original video i wanted to share, but this short video is still interesting, the kids drawings that had supposedly experienced a NDE are amazing.

My investigation of several sources of Near Death Experiences, including the weirdly fascinating drawings that young kids did after they had experienced near-death experiences. There is a haunting and eerie familiarity about them, and yet in some ways they avoid the stereotypes NDEs often contain.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I had an NDE when I was 19 or 20. My grasp of time has been off ever since I'm afraid and I can't remember what year it was.

A group of fiends and I, including my brother, were swimming in the middle of a glorious moonlit night in a lake called Brogborough, near Bedford in SE England. I had drunk too much and smoked too many... cigarettes,and hadn't been a very strong swimmer up to that point. Its a lovely spot, but very deep from only maybe 5 yards away from the shore, the bottom dropping away steeply after this.

We had taken a small inflatable out with us and were jumping off it and having a great time. After a while a two of my friends Vic and Fae started canoodling in the dinghy so we decided to swim the 50 yards or so back to shore and leave them to it. As usual I was lagging way behind everyone else, due to my crap swimming, when my legs simply stopped working. I couldn't move them at all. I was treading water with my arms and I remember thinking that it wasn't worth worrying the others and that perhaps it was temporary. After maybe 30 seconds my arms stopped working too. I remember thinking that there was no way any of the others would reach me in time to save me and slipped silently beneath the surface. I didn't even hold my breath but simply breathed in the water and relaxed.

There was no fear at all, simply a growing feeling of pure, intense love and I seemed to be surrounded by the most beautiful colours imaginable. These grew brighter, pulsing slowly until they were nearly white. It was wonderful. Then I felt an intense pain in my scalp and my body jerked. I broke the surface to find that my brother had grabbed my hair and pulled me up by it. He put his arm around my chest and swam back to shore while I began vomiting water. A girl called Jesse brought out our windsurfer for me to hold onto, but unfortunately managed to smash the pointy end into my mouth!

So, I stood on the muddy shore coughing and spluttering up a mixture of blood and lake water before rounding on my brother and rather ungraciously saying "well, thanks a f*%$@g bunch.". I was really peeved at being ripped from this cocoon of love that had been more intense than any I have ever felt.

Since then I have had no fear of death what so ever and had become a much stronger swimmer before my body gave out three years ago. Now I look forward to my death eagerly, although I can do nothing to hasten it for my family's sake.

Through Taoist meditation, particularly using some of the more extreme reverse breathing techniques, I have come pretty close to the same state, but that is the only religious connotation to the experience. Perhaps the notion that "God is Love" applies, but nothing else in the Bible does. A book on Tibetan Buddhism called "The Tibetan Book Of Living & Dying" did ascribe the experience pretty accurately to the first and second Bardos but the form of practice is far too regimented for me and I now consider myself a Taoist, albeit a sloppy one who doesn't practice nearly enough.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I had an NDE two years ago, I will never forget it.
I had been feeling incredibly agitated for days and the feeling was increasing. I just knew something was going to happen but I didn't know what.
It was 1.30 in the morning and I had this uncontrollable urge to write down what I was experiencing. I never write.
It was like I became focused on the paper and everything became tunnel vision.
All of a sudden I was just overwhelmed with the most incredibly wonderful feeling of excitment.
My husband said I started screaming (always popular in the middle of the night), ' I've done it, I knew it, I am special'.
It was although I was being sucked into space. I could feel my body being sucked in and all I could see where thousand of tiny pinpoint white lights, no tunnel.

It wasn't what I saw, more what I felt that I will never forget.
It was the most incredibly wonderful feeling of love, pure bliss and being connected to every single living thing in the universe, it was overwhelming.

I remember a feeling of being welcomed home and being given a choice.
I felt as though I had acheived what I was supposed to in life and never had to come back.
All I kept thinking was this feeling is so incredible, I want to share it with the world.

Next thing I now, my husband was shaking me and I became aware of my surroundings. Apparently I was rolling around backward on the floor hysterically laughing.
I swear, when I did, everything in the room was just a little diffferent.
The curtains were different, but the same, the room seemed a different colour, although it wasn't.
I remember feeling that I was finally where I was supposed to be and that I had never been in the right place all my life. wierd.

Anyway, my husband said I was a bloody idiot and went back to bed(he's a scientist, I divorced him!).
I stayed up all night full of this incredible love feeling of bliss but still found it incerdibly overwhelming for a couple of days.

When I looked at what I had been writing I had written that everyone was wrong, the answer was 2.
There were always supposed to be 2 and that God was lonely.

My life completely changed on that night.
I had never been a spiritual person but I certainly am now.

I am incredibly in touch with nature. When spending time outdoors, on days I am extremely switched on so to speak I have amazed people by being able to walk up to wild birds and have them willingly fly onto my hand or shoulder. Usually this is after I've done yoga and meditated.

For three months after the experience I was blessed with amazing healing powers and precognition of events involving my loved ones around me.
Now, I am one of those people who are incredibly positive and happy, that people love to be around.

I have had a number of strange illnesses in my life which resulted in chronic depression. Since that day I am cured.
I don't know if that related to a massive squirt of catecholamines ow whatever they say that happens upon the moment of death, but I'm sure not complaining.

I have never touched illicit drugs, and the cause for my experience was never determined.
However, I always had kidney problems, following a massive pulmonary embolus and numerous blot clots when I was 28. After the event, the dr ran the blood tests twice , he couldn't believe my results were normal and there was no evidence of previous damage.

As a realist it is hard to explain it away, I know what I felt, I don't know why.
Anyway, if thats death, I'm no longer afraid.
I live for today but feel incredibly blessed to have experienced what I did, for whatever reason it happened. I am a better person for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
to the OP,
have you ever read 'embrased by the light'? you should check this out... very interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A thank you..I read your post and followed other links on this thread..amazing.

One thing i can say is i feared death for my whole life even when i thought i knew God ..i never had a NDE but i do not need as i am just so happy i now know God and that what awaits me after my birthday suit expires is unimaginable to perfection where i will go..that i trust with all my soul.

And reading others NDE's it is so weird how some whom never really believed still got to see things i cannot even imagine ..the peace,pureness..perfection of various descriptions ..and how so many are the same to what awaits us how can i not love God for loving me and carrying such a curious person through this life.

Thank you for this thread,you got me reading stuff that gave me chills,from Grandma's story to kinglizard's (or lizardking oops sorry if i am wrong lizard) story.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
to the OP,
have you ever read 'embrased by the light'? you should check this out... very interesting.

No, thets take a look.

Embraced By The Light is the book that brought my near-death experience and the wonderful message of God's love to so many readers around the world. Though my life's mission has expanded since its publication, Embraced is really what started it all. My near-death experience was a gift from God, and so is this book. I truly felt God inspiring me to write it and to publish it, and I am so grateful and humbled as the ripples come back to me from people everywhere who have been touched and helped by what I have shared. I hope it will touch many more as God's spirit uses it to draw his children nearer to Him in simplicity and beauty.

Embraced By The Light Homepage.

Although i am open minded, two things stick right out straight away, God, and a book deal.

I realise that many experiences are shared by publishing a book, but surely the truth should be free?

And God, well, I'm undecided, sure i believe something might of created us, but one things for sure, he lets things happen, good or bad, with no intervention, that's the way i see it.

However once we die, i think we are definitely a lot nearer to our "creator".

What did you think about the book constantine70?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a lot of it made sense, but I always kept in mind that it was from anothers perspective... anothers 'truth' if you will. God is different to every spirit, but the same to all.. I have read others perspective that had some similarities and spoken to a roomate that had an experience close to hers in one aspect. I personally see nothing wrong with this book, but must admit that I borrowed from a friend. Well, it was their recommendation.

I do not see greed behind this, and you know as well as I do that it costs money to do something that you so strongly believe God told you to do.
She was not allowed to remember a lot of her experience, but there is more that has been filled. Being next to Yeshua is very close to being next to our creator I might add

Peace and Harmony

[edit on 20-8-2007 by constantine70]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ok, i haven't found to the original complete video, posted in the beginning of this thread, but i have found 15 mins of it on youtube, at least if i remember correctly its taken from that documentary, anyway some great NDE experiences described in this portion.

I like the one by the blind lady, as she had never experienced sight until then.
And the millionaire businessman who afterwards chose a life of helping others, and gave most of his money away.

Also what fascinates me is the atheists account, as i often wonder, that if they have had some sort of religious back ground that is nearly always interwoven in their NDE.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Im not afraid of death for this reason.. I think the afterlife is actually better than this life. This is like a school where we learn the consequences of our actions, and weather or not they are positive or negative to us. Ive never met anybody who have a easy life. We all have problems in one way or another.

Nobody has ever described the afterlife to be anything other than good. And as far as I know, there are no near death experiences of going to hell and back, which leads me to believe there is no hell at all.

Anyway... nobody should fear death. Its just the next step.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I found another video today on this subject, focusing on childrens NDE's.

NDE Researcher Dr PMH Atwater with KMVT's "Present!" host Mel Van Dusen.

Have just started watching this now, as this subject fascinates me.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Nobody has ever described the afterlife to be anything other than good. And as far as I know, there are no near death experiences of going to hell and back, which leads me to believe there is no hell at all.

Anyway... nobody should fear death. Its just the next step.

I agree nobody should fear death and I have made quite some gain in that belief but when you are in a deadly situation that fight or flight instinct always kicks in and the adrenaline starts pumping and there is nothing I can do to prevent that. Nor would I want to as that's the bodies way of defending itself. But that also heightens your bodies fear and in turn can make you more afraid or more aggressive or confident. Both stem from the same fear of dying though.

But the part where you said nobody has had an NDE and experienced what they perceived to be hell isn't true. There was one story in this very thread in the first video I believe it was where a person described unbelievable despair and being dragged down into hell. I've also seen other NDE docs that were more religious based and a lot of the people's descriptions were "I was in hell and I called out to Jesus" etc. etc.

I think if you believe in the possibility of hell existing you will see that despair that you create for yourself. If you only believe in unconditional love then you will be greeted with open, loving arms.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When i first posted this thread, people really enjoyed watching "The Day I Died", but over time the link died and i couldn't find the original video that i started out with, till now.
I have found it once again lol.
If NDE's interest you, and you haven't seen this before, watch it, its got some great accounts in there.

The Day I Died.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I saw that programme about a year ago and snatched it from Google Videos while it was still available. I am very glad you found a copy, so that more people will be able to see it.

I only wish somebody would answer - in the programme - Blackmore's hypotheses (which is not at all difficult to do) and, especially , confront her with the born-blind woman's case - because, as it is now, the programme actually presents her in a very unflattering light, as if she couldn't answer a possible refutation. (And maybe she couldn't - but give her a chance. And the less enlightened viewers, too.)

It's definitely worth watching.

P.S. Oh sorry - I was so excited to see "news" about the video that I overlooked the actual date of the original post...

Well, do try and get it if you can.
It's really good.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join