It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasn't There A Sports Forum At One Time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Didn't we have a sports forum at one time? I believe it was in BTS.

The one time I have a sports question, and the forum has disappeared!

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There used to be a separate forum called SportsTawk.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You would be referring to Sportz Tawk. Skeptic's son used to run the site, but it went down when ATS Chat dropped a few weeks ago. We were told that due to the lack of traffic on the site, it was down for good.

I've created a few Sports related threads in the General Chit Chat Forum. Give it a go there. I'm always on the hunt for a good sports conversation.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks, chissler. I posted over there and got an answer to my question. Actually, I learned more than I wanted to about the NFL Network.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Conspiracy nerds.....Sports?

THe two don't really mix IMO. At least not the guys I hang out with.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They're not entirely seperate. After all, it's quite clear that the 2001 season and superbowl was rigged so the Patriots would win.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I was about to say the same thing, Cyberdude.... stories of rigged games abound in sports. But the '01 Pats? No way!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There is a lot more to ATS though. BTS would be an excellent place to house some serious sports discussion. We already have a General Arts & Entertainment Discussion, so I believe a Sports themed Forum could be slotted in.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
One simple explanation as to why the Pats won the Super Bowl.

NFL Tuck Rule as explained by Wikipedia.

NFL Rule 3, Section 21, Article 2, Note 2: Ordinarily, if the quarterback drops or loses the football while he is bringing the ball forward in a passing motion, and the ball touches the ground, it is considered an incomplete pass. If the quarterback drops or loses the football at any other time, it is considered a fumble, as if any other player had dropped it.

The tuck rule is an exception to this rule. It applies if the quarterback brings his arm forward in a passing motion, but then changes his mind and tries to keep hold of the football rather than making a pass. In this situation, if the quarterback loses the ball while stopping his passing motion or bringing the ball back to his body, it is still considered a forward pass (and thus an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground), even if the ball is moving backwards at the time the quarterback loses it.

Hopefully, this explains how they did win the Super Bowl after 9-11.

[edit on 12/19/2006 by gimmefootball400]

[edit on 12/19/2006 by gimmefootball400]

top topics

join