It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believer Syndrome.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok then trewth. Why don't you answer the question I have asked of you. Explain to me the global alien conspiracy, why it exists and its end goal. You want to give your opinions?- Go on then.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
paul i said what i had to say about this subject, im moving on to more worthy subjects, even though youve insulted all the believers out there by calling them a "syndrome" im not going to fall in your trap and get banned

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
But to some degree, this is indeed easily classified as a "syndrome" as a group of people want to believe in this thing, to the point of ignoring or discarding evidentiary material that may disprove specific stories in their mythology.

There is a distinct difference between the paranormal-styled "belief" in "UFO's" and the more scientific examination of encounter scenarios. The "true believers", if you will, approach their subject with religious fervor, spewing anger at those who would dare "ignore the clear evidence." In reality, there is no clear evidence beyond poorly connected anecdotal experiences.

In the end, this so called "believer syndrome" may actually be harming attempts at serious research into this subject matter as the believers make it difficult to filter the evidence.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
well i disagree because its the believers who can actually make sense of the alien reality where as the those with the non believers syndrome dont believe theres any evidence to begin with

[edit on 18-12-2006 by trewth]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What evidence do you say I don't believe in. What can you show me to convince me that there is a global alien conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i hate these little white lies, everywhere i turn are little whites lies, how can i destroy these little white lies, they are ruining planet earth with their little white lies, wheres the zero point technology

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
well i disagree because its the believers who can actually make sense of the alien reality where as the those with the non believers syndrome dont believe theres any evidence to begin with

Your beliefs taint your perception of what is evidence in much the same way religion taints perception.

Research would take a giant step forward if the "believers" would step back and stay silent while hopeful skeptics examine available evidence in an untainted environment.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the reason the believers are stating their views is because the skeptics are hiding under their beds hoping it'll go away

p.s. we tried that before and the non believers told us it was balloons and even top secret balloons and flock of birds and pluto and swamp gas

[edit on 18-12-2006 by trewth]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

while hopeful skeptics examine available evidence in an untainted environment.

Well, I'm a hopeful believer, the only thing i truly believe in, is the fact that life does exist somewhere else in this universe, that is intelligent.
Yet we are only able to bring forth what is available from different sources, which makes me think that at least 1% of the stuff out there, is true.
That in it self means there is more than we think.

As they say, sometimes its easier to hide the truth, right there, in the open.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hoping what will go away? The real issue here is that you can't come up with anything, all you can do is rant. I'm not hiding under my bed, I'm right here confronting you. Right here right in front of you. I know you would like me to go and hide under my bed, it may make your reality seem more real to you. You are very good at putting down skeptics and everyone elses points of view but never stated your own.

Once again:

If there is a global alien conspiracy what is its purpose?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This thread is solid evidence (uh-oh, there's that word) that there is no way to prove color to a blind mand, and no way to prove music to the deaf. Yet the blind continue to demand proof of colors and the deaf insist that there is no proof that music exists. The evidence is right here on this thread. But, of course, it is evidence, and some people don't have a clue how to weigh evidence.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well as you state, "there is no way to prove colour to a blind man" - because he cannot perceive the evidence, do you suggest I am in capable of percieving the evidence? What evidence is here on the thread? Stop beating around the bush and just state what the evidence is, it is just so simple. What does this evidence prove to you, that there is a global conspiracy involving aliens?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superpaul55
Well as you state, "there is no way to prove colour to a blind man" - because he cannot perceive the evidence, do you suggest I am in capable of percieving the evidence? What evidence is here on the thread? Stop beating around the bush and just state what the evidence is, it is just so simple. What does this evidence prove to you, that there is a global conspiracy involving aliens?

Thank you for proving my point. To those who read this thread and do not suffer from mental blocks that prevent them from grasping the evidence, nothing more needs to be said.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
This thread is solid evidence (uh-oh, there's that word) that there is no way to prove color to a blind mand, and no way to prove music to the deaf. Yet the blind continue to demand proof of colors and the deaf insist that there is no proof that music exists. The evidence is right here on this thread. But, of course, it is evidence, and some people don't have a clue how to weigh evidence.

Oh please Mr. SkyWay, please teach my eyes how to see and ears how to hear. Please i beg of you to open up my realities so i can grasp the awesomness of god opps i mean the alien agenda for the benefit of all mankind.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
[Oh please Mr. SkyWay, please teach my eyes how to see and ears how to hear. Please i beg of you to open up my realities so i can grasp the awesomness of god opps i mean the alien agenda for the benefit of all mankind.

It's very simple, Jack. If you want your eyes to see and your ears to hear all you need to do is OPEN YOUR EYES and UNPLUG YOUR EARS!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This thread has shown one thing if anything, the so called hardcore believers will happily scorn anyone who doesn't agree with them. However when I have asked for a quite simple list of what they consider evidence for a global alien conspiracy, they produce nothing. Absolutely nothing.

All I want is a list of reasons why they think there is a global alien conspiracy and what its end goal is. What is the problem here? Why is this so difficult? Can you please just write a list?

[edit on 18-12-2006 by superpaul55]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

"it is there if you look for it" - what is where? How come you can see it and I cannot?

How come we can see it and you can't? Becasue you deny yourself from experiencing reality. You can't see it because you have already decided there is nothing to see. And, in your superior "opinion", you have already answered your own question as to why you can't see it:

You say I don't want to believe, this is my exact point. If you believe something you can find it, whether it actually exists or not. As you may have done. But of course I am "entrenched" in my non-believer point of view, only due to the FACT that no evidence exists! What a crime! Not believing something because there is no evidence!

See! You admit it yourself! You already accept: "the FACT that no evidence exists".

Yet you ask: How come you can see it and I cannot?

Well, to answer your question: We can see it because we don't accept your FACT that there is no evidence. You can not see it because you have already come to the conclusion that there is this FACT: "the FACT that no evidence exists"

Seems self explanetory to me. We can observe truth, where as you have already come to the conclusion that no evidence exists. So, since no evidence exists, you can't see any evidence.

"it is there if you look for it" - what is where? How come you can see it and I cannot?..... due to the FACT that no evidence exists!

So, it is a FACT that no evidence exists, yet you want to know why you can't see any evidence?

Quick everyone, rally together and flog the "non-believer". Quick! I say Quick!

But, you are a believer! You believe no evidence exists! And, furthermore you claim to have PROOF that no evidence exists!

You must have proof that no evidence exists, because you stated it as FACT!!!!!! So either you can prove that no evidence exists, or you are a liar.

All I want, once again, is for someone to answer the question:

Why do YOU believe it?

Because of the OVERWHELMING amount of evidence. Sorry, but you have already decided that it is FACT there is no evidence, so you have chosen to not be capable of percieving it, since it does not exist:

"it is there if you look for it" - what is where? How come you can see it and I cannot?..... due to the FACT that no evidence exists!

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, please write a list of the reasons why you believe there is a global alien conspiracy, and what its end goal is. That is all I ask.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Rich23, you appear to have completely misunderstood the entire point of what I said. There may be aliens out there, I am not deabting this fact, I am arguing with confidence against these "believers", when I say believers I do not mean people who believe aliens exists elsewhere in the universe.

I specifically argue against the crowd that feel it necessary to promote their paranoid world view of a massive alien conspiracy, black helicopters, chemicals trails, cover ups and so forth. The entire point is that there is no proof of any of this conspiracy at all, it is a paranoics addition to belief in extra terrestrials.

The main issue with these paranoics is that they don't ever think about or go out and look for evidence against their belief, because they choose to ignore it, even the entire world history in many cases.

Being a "Hardcore Believer" myself, perhaps you could enlighted me as to what world history i have chosen to ignore? Could you tell me what civilization's beginnings did not talk about recieving "intervention" from beings that were not human, or is it you the non-believer that automatically assumes they were not being factual? Who is ignoring the entire world history? Believers? World history began all around the world, and all around the world they had similiar beliefs revolving around "visitors", who they also give credit to for having taught them the foundations of civilization. So, it would seem to me that you are ignoring them, not me (the one who believes i am not ignoring them).

"why they believe there are aliens on this planet and there is a global conspiracy"

If your prefered and chosen mentallity has not already dictated to you that there is no evidence, then obviously you are right, there is no evidence. So, to offer my reply to your question: ""why they believe there are aliens on this planet and there is a global conspiracy", my reply is: Because it is the truth.

Where is the global conspiracy?

In your head. After you get done there, then perhaps you would be capable of reversing your accepted version that there is no evidence. Because, if there is no evidence, then obviously you can't percieve the evidence that clearly does not exist.

If it did exist would this evidence you promote so greatly not have been the first thing to be destroyed?

Who do you propose would have the authority, or the capability, to destroy all the evidence? You already admit you can't perceive or utilize your senses to observe any such evidence. So, your question here seems sort of rhetorical in nature, doesn't it?

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Once again:

If there is a global alien conspiracy what is its purpose?

What gives you the right to expect the answer to this question before everyone else? Don't you think of other people before your own wants?

Are you that much better than everyone else that you deserve to know before the rest of the planet?

If there is a global alien conspiracy, perhaps proving it to you is not the priority!!!!

First thing is first. If the truth is to come out, then first we would need to have a global communication system in place. Looking back over the past 20 years, i'd say we are getting closer to that goal.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join