It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believer Syndrome.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have recently come to realise an attitude problem that concerns many people posting on this forum, it does not concern 'skeptic', it concerns the 'believer', especially the hardcore 'believer'.

The believer suffers from a number of issues:

1) He believes himself to be mentally superior to most, this is why they talk of 'open mindedness' and 'enlightenment', they feel they have the talent to bring us up to their level of thought at which point of course we will finally realise that aliens exist and run our government, no proof is needed, its just obvious when you are that intelligent and can 'see throught the fog of deception. No proof is required.

2) Everything that opposes his belief can be put down to either the stupidity of the human race or disinfomation agents, most humans are simply the result of 'government mind control' - which most call education. They view the human race as a production chain, but of course only they can see this due to their supreme intellect. Nothing can prove the disinfomation agents exist and that we are all purposely stupid, its just obvious, isn't it. No proof required.

What I ask from someone on this forum is for them to explain why they believe there are aliens on this planet and there is a global conspiracy, not a fury of links to paranoics web pages. Why do YOU believe it.

Maybe someone can make me change my mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well,I am not going to get into the whole alien thing, while I believe they exist, they either do or they don't. It's really that simple. I am not going to argue with you.

However,I will address why I do believe that there is a global conspiracy. Firstly, have you took a good look at the world we are living in? I mean really... Take a good look.

Power over the many are in the hands of the few. These few just continue to flourish while the rest of us Joe shmoles just continue to languish. You have never thought about why that is? Don't you realize that those in power will do whatever is in their power to further their wealth regardless of whther it's for the good of humanity or not? Hell, look at Dick Cheney and his involvement with Halliburton, for God's sake.

To live your life thinking that the powers that be are looking out for you and me, is so naive that it is living on the brink of, in my honest opinion, stupidity. Of course, the claims of there being an international conspiracy against the masses is not baseless, there is evidence at least suggestive of it.. Now whether you choose to believe it is up to you. I am just stating that it is there if you look for it.

I will say that generally most people look in the wrong direction when they are looking for the culprits of this conspiracy. However, I suppose it's just as likely that it be one group as it is that it's another.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Seeing that you just registered your account today, do you have other identities? Or maybe you're a long time lurker, compelled to finally make a post amidst all the believing going on around here.

Speaking for my self, seeing is believing, as my screen name indicates. I have also found that I prefer to post about topics I agree with and can contribute to. Not to say that I believe or disbelieve everything I read, but I'm not here to disprove anything. I have seen UFO's, aliens, and conspiracies with my own eyes. There are plenty of skeptics to go around, but I'm not compelled to debunk quacky ideas such as religion. That's why I can't understand the motivation behind debunkers who waste their time arguing points they consider mundane. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
To SpeakerofTruth:

I have taken a look in the world we live in, I was born on this planet and have remained here since then. What part of the world do you recommend I take a look at? I'm not interested in whether the "few" are looking out for me, I'm interested in alien conspiracies, hence the alien / ufo forum.

"don't you realize" - obviously not!

"culprits of this conspiracy" - could you explain who the culprits are and what the conspiracy is? - because of course, you can see it and I cannot.

"it is there if you look for it" - what is where? How come you can see it and I cannot?

"most people" - you are right and superior to the masses!

You have just successfully proved everything I said was part of the "believers syndrome" , and by arguing against me! You accuse me of living on the "brink of stupidity"!

To HaveSeen4Myself:

"I have seen Ufo's, aliens and conspiracies with my own eyes" - come on then! Tell me what you saw! Stop beating around the bush and attempting to discredit me.

"Perhaps you could enlighten me" - Thats what I asked you to do, and you haven't done it.

To both of you:

"Why do YOU believe it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OP, it sounds to me as if you wouldn't believe in aliens if one smacked you upside the head. You seem as entrenched in your non-believer point of view, as the believers you describe. I've been on this board for over a year and I've not seen what you describe about the arrogance of believers. I think you're reading things into the believers statements that aren't there and it appears to me that it comes from a need to discredit what you so strongly don't want to believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To forestlady:

Of course, I wouldn't believe in aliens, even if one smacked me upside the head! Well I would actually. You have the nerve to accuse me of "reading things that aren't there" - thats what everything this site is based on, and you accuse me of it it! Ha! You must be joking. I don't care how long you've been on this board - for you to not realise that!

You say I don't want to believe, this is my exact point. If you believe something you can find it, whether it actually exists or not. As you may have done. But of course I am "entrenched" in my non-believer point of view, only due to the FACT that no evidence exists! What a crime! Not believing something because there is no evidence!

Quick everyone, rally together and flog the "non-believer". Quick! I say Quick!

All I want, once again, is for someone to answer the question:

Why do YOU believe it?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You know what I have noticed about posting on this forum of late? You cannot even have a damn opinion without someone taking the (BS) personally.. I really have nothing more to say.. Some of you are ridiculous.

By the way,I told you why I believe in the international conspiracy thing. To be honet, I couldn't care less whether aliens exist or not, as I made abundantly clear in my initial post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed vulgarity and replaced with BS

[edit on 17/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I believe you're trying to get your post count up. And I believe I answered your question because I actually took you seriously. I believe that I've wasted five minutes of my time that would've been better spent listening to an Amway pitch. I know you don't believe me, and I believed you were sincere, so I really don't blame you for doubting my beliefs. I'll be leaving now.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ill tell you why i believe. because i've seen things i cant explain and i dont mean a small light in the sky, im talking about a vehicle out of this world that i saw with my own eyes hovering next to me.

and to all of you other people that posted here... i think he's points are valid and you people presented nothing but arrogance and empty statements. i dont care about people "believing" in things but some of you pass it to other people and thus creating more fuss and conspiracies. thats why i believe most of the conspiracies are false and the truth is much simpler.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree with the OP on some points. Some people take it too far...I mean they act like they were sent to us by some divine power to tell us all these things about the evil aliens controlling all of earth's human population.
My suggestion to the OP pay no attention to the nutballs, that's exactly what they want.
Hopefully I didn't insult anyone, though I probably did...but you know what I feel insulted by them...they're an insult to any rational thinking person when they go off like that.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I personally believe in a healthy balance of both skepticism and belief. By utilizing both aspects of the spectrum you receive more information and can use that information to come to conclusions that have a more solid foundation.

It's kind of paradoxical, but I think this is a good motto: "I don't believe in anything until it's proven, and I won't prove anything until I believe in it."

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why do I believe? I believe because I live it. I could sit here and talk until I was purple but until it happens to you I would imagine you are not going to believe.

I notice how people are touchy about the words stupid and stupidity but I would like to say this. When the Grey's say that Humans are a stupid species for example they aren't insulting you really. What they are trying to express is compared to the many different species Humans are quite stupid. They are using terminology we understand.

I would like to say I do not agree with you when you say you can prove anything. There are things that are so unusual that it is not easy to prove no matter how hard you try. However, with Aliens I am curious exactly what you want for proof? It seems that millions of abductee's are not good enough. Implant removal is not good enough, "photo's" are not good enough, scars and other body marks are not good enough, mystery objects delaying the shuttle or photo's from shuttle missions are not good enough. People that gave there life to get this out is not good enough.... tell me what is good enough for you, nothing as far as I can see. It all seems to come back to this.... you have to see with your own eyes and experience it for yourself.

I know when I talked about this years ago people called me stupid and a moron and so on but over the years I have realized it isn't me with the problem. I know a lot and I have watched it come to light and I have shared and you can take it for what it's worth, that is your right.

All I can say is maybe one day you will either wake up yourself and realize what is happening on your own or maybe your time will come to be one of the specimens.

I feel as it is getting so bad now, people have to choose the correct words to speak and if one interrupts it differently then how it was meant to be, things get nasty.

I guess the best advice I could share with you is open your eyes and "OBSERVE"

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Quite honestly - I believe in the possibility of Alien life on this planet simply because it's fun and creative to toss around the idea, and helps eliminate the mundane reality of being alone in the universe.

Probably the same for most people out there - after all, who doesn't like to revel in abstractions from time to time?

Problems arise when people get too obsessed over being "the one who broke the news" to the world and "proved the whole thing".

Whatever. I'll talk about aliens as fun and games, and even go so far as to write up a theory of "how I would take over the human race were I an alien" - but I've got better things to do than try and proclaim myself an authority on the subject.

(That wasn't a comment in response to anyones posts, btw...)

Some people feel they need to prove a point - but the better question is WHY do they need to make such a fuss over theories, and blatantly attack anyone who doesn't want to integrate their "knowledge" into their worldview?

Makes no sense to me.

If there ARE any extraterrestrial lifeforms on this planet, we've obviously proven to them that the majority of us aren't ready for proper introductions. How many times have we seen threads proclaiming them "the enemy" or websites talking about how to kill them?

*sheesh*

I'd stick to my mothership as well (if I had one)!

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
superpaul, do we really need to put people in "camps"?

Wherever you believe or not is not relevant in this forum, discussion and sharing ideas, facts, information etc. is! Then it should be up to each and everyone what they choose to believe in.

You do however have an important point, calling people names or calling them stupid or otherwise trying to make it look like someone is more "Elite" than the next guy based on which "camp" you belong to IS stupid and it goes for BOTH believers as well as diehard sceptics. Man, there´s so many flames going on all over this forum that i´m seriously starting to believe there´s an intelligent thought behind it.

Mods keep mentioning it over and over...civilized discussion, should be clear enough regardless of which "camp" you/we/us belong to.

I would also like to express a concern for a growing sense of "elite_ism" happening in this forum. Not good! Registration dates and postcount do not equal quality. Neither do fancy titles. Without us knowing it the guy standing in the corner with some 50pts could actually posses key information to the subjects although he might not come forth simply because he fears beeing flamed to death.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Tomra -

You might have the point of the century there regarding the flaming and the "prove yourself" mentality.

What better way to disrupt a collective of alternative theorists than to dump a truckload of average thinkers in the mix with loud voices screaming "PROVE IT?"

Must be those pesky humanoids again, trying to make themselves the center of the known universe.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I believe that that life exists on other planets. I believe that some of the life in intelligent. I do NOT believe any of that life is here save humans.

I balance these beliefs with the fact that my recent ancestors believed in fairies, elves, wood spirits and the like and they too held these beliefs to be true and common knowledge as well.

What my great great grandchildren will believe will make me look like the primitive supersticious yokel I view my great great grandparents as being.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with the superpaul55, but everyone are believers, skeptics also have there set of belief but they are called skeptics seens they believe that physical proof is needed for anything to be true. I have my belief and it might not all be right but i know some of it are, as is with the rest of people. We are not all knowing as humans and we have a huge ego.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP, and don't tell me that I wouldn't believe in aliens if one would slap me upside the head. All the people bashing superpaul55 are just proving his point. He has a stance of skepticism yet he is being bashed. So which is it? Are UFO believers skeptics seeing through the veils of lies, or are they gullible morons who believe simply because others said it was true?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The only reasons I see as "proof" of ET life out there is the billions upon billions of stars out there and the even more amounts of planets circling those stars. Combined with the imense diversity of life on this planet you come to the realisation that we couldent possibly be allone.

Now as for those aliens coming down and visiting us I don't know for sure. If I were an alien life form especialy in this day and age you could get just about every piece of information you needed about the species from the internet. So I don't know about them visiting us.

And the bit about a government covering up anything I don't know. I doubt that the whole truth has been told but I also doubt that the coverup goes too deep. Probably a select fiew know something and the ones that know probably arn't that many people. So the coverup probably is a tightly nit small group of people that know a tiny bit about alien life and won't clue anyone else in.

So if you realise that we cannot possibly be allone and that some of those intelegent species actualy came to this little blue ball in the outward part of this spiral arm galaxy. You can start to wonder if someone had talked to them. From there we get the conspiracy. As for me I don't know I havent seen a UFO (that I know of) I certanly havent met an alien. I have never been abducted. But like the saying goes "anything is possible and nothing is impossible"

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gunney
I have to agree with the OP, and don't tell me that I wouldn't believe in aliens if one would slap me upside the head. All the people bashing superpaul55 are just proving his point. He has a stance of skepticism yet he is being bashed. So which is it? Are UFO believers skeptics seeing through the veils of lies, or are they gullible morons who believe simply because others said it was true?

Seriously, i don´t think this has anything to do with the UFO subject, it´s more a matter of how you choose to treat other people regardless of what subject is beeing discussed. I´m quite sure you´ll find the same behavior numerous places on the net as well as in the real world dealing with subjective matters were proof is hard to come by. Like religion...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join