It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MySpace...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i was just thinking could myspace.com be a goverment operation to keep tabs on the public if you think about the people on there are giving out all the information in the world
could it be possible??
Cyrax

[Mod edit - All caps title.]

[edit on 4/1/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe, Government do watch it, a girl got arrested for having a anti-bush website and questioned by SS, so it must be watched...
Also you agree about Government are able too look at your stuff etc... on ToC i beleive.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by Galiega]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If so, they must be CRACKING UP at mine, LOL!!!

(Mainly because I directly, alibet with humor, addressed the possibility of such a thing.)

Feel free to U2U me for a good laugh and the address.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't think that MySpace.com is a government operations.

That said, I do think that it's a corporate experiment testing
ground to see how to better sell more usless junk to
Generation Y.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That would definitely explain why so many of the "myspace surveys" generated out there ask what your preferences are for all sorts of consumer goods - from music to fast food.

Then again, it might just be those taking advantage of the forum and it's primary demographic.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
To answer the OP......

IT HAS

and

IT WILL

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The only thing myspace.com will ever be is a place for undersexed kids with bad haircuts and low self-esteem to try and find other undersexed kids with bad haircuts and low self-esteem and possibly start an amazing relationship that will last two minutes when they realize there pictures looked nothing like them online.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it to be honest.
I had started to post a blog on there and only created a page because I was so bored being in a foreign country away from friends and family. But I removed all personal information because of an ill feeling I get about that site. I can't describe it but the manner in which people do spill their guts to strangers who they call friends is unnerving. And those surveys get deleted every time I get them.

One thing to note is the crimes and news we see linked to myspace.com and how quickly these plots are wrapped up or thwarted. So yes I don't doubt the government monitors it and uses it.

You may just be onto something here Cyrax

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
thanks Jaded
i went to have a look because everyone was talking about and i was shocked people are not worried about the information there giving out
if the goverment wanted to know how you speak, think, feel, want etc they just have to go to your profile and find out anything they want
be carefull myspace users

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Did anybody else know that Rupert Murdoch actually owns MySpace.com now ? He bought it in July 2005.

He had realised, he told a high-powered audience at the American Society of Newspaper Editors in Washington DC, that he had got something rather important rather wrong.

News Corporation, the global media group he controls, had failed properly to engage with the online world - and risked losing its hard-won position in news as a result.

What MySpace means to Murdoch

I had no idea.

Why that site though ?

hmmmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great find hes got his hand in everything

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well yea the government is onto myspace. Shesh why not? people freely give out all sorts of idiotic information on myspace. What I don't get are those morons that get like a milion friends there. What the heck is that about? I got a page and the only people I have on there are actual friends. Not aquantences and not straingers. Just people I do know and have met in real life.

Course I have a bunch of private info on there too LOL course I don't care what the government knows about me I am no threat to them.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Myspace, the great e-satan luring the masses into complacency!

Hey, it saves the empire lots of work compiling dossiers and profiles on everyone. Big brother doesn't need to waste time watching you when you voluntarily submit your reports in blog form.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'd like to say a few things.

As for people havinmg lots of friends that they are'nt physically
around, well you can still be friends with someone without being
physically around them, the body is only one aspect of the self,
and it can be easier for some people to find like minded indivi-
duals when you have a global choice, since not everyone can
find someone like them in a small group.

As to the putting out info thing, well if people want to put there
info out there, knowing that it can be collected, than that's there perogative.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galiega
Maybe, Government do watch it, a girl got arrested for having a anti-bush website and questioned by SS, so it must be watched...
Also you agree about Government are able too look at your stuff etc... on ToC i beleive.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by Galiega]

Not anti-Bush, but indicating harm to the President, rather different actually if your not puting a political spin on it.

Go to the FBI's home page, they have a link to report internet related crimes... that is how the girl was questioned, someone reported her.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i dont think many users would be thinking that there information is been used for goverment uses if it is true....

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
While I don't think the government runs Myspace, I feel that they do track certain people on it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
if people are been watched you could say that myspace is a goverment operation
they might not have started it but they have control of it now though there is no evidence of this just my thought

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I can't believe that anyone with delicate information is going to post it on their myspace profile. I have a MySpace page with a lot of information about me. You know. Facts like I'm 90% Spiderman and 82% Captain Kirk.

What have I revealed?!?

Tee hee.
I have noticed that the surveys ARE cleverly invasive. A great many people I know who "MySpace" a lot are completely addicted to surveys and with repeating questions like:

26.) What are the last four digits of your cell phone number?

13.) What was your Mother's maiden name?

Eventually, in theory, someone will have a lot of information about you if they decided to save all of your answers to these fun little quizzes. I'd say it's at least all fodder for stalkers and pervs, so, why can't agencies like the "New CIA" we keep seeing ads on TV for, moniter your personal "Current events" record.

It's not implausable, IMHO.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
if people are been watched you could say that myspace is a goverment operation
they might not have started it but they have control of it now though there is no evidence of this just my thought

In which case anything in public domain, the government is in control of by that rationale. There is no government department with the responsibility of controlling myspace, and monitoring surveys. If folks put info into the public domain, that causes red flags to go up,then the government might then take interest in that individual. Unless someone does something that is suspicious, then they're not going to be monitored, as there just aren't enough employees to monitor every single message/site that is on the internet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join