It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic - Miners drill to hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Probably been posted here plenty of times, but this story always interested me because up until recently i believed it to be real. (gullible, yeah i know
)

There are many "Christian" internet sites which contain a story about Russians who supposedly drilled into Hell and heard and recorded voices screaming for help. Below is one example of the story which is a total lie. We have also put the sounds they supposedly recorded below this article: Following this fabricated story is the truth:

Debunking 'Drilling to Hell'

It has the downloadable soundfile of what they supposedly recorded as well.

I'm sure you all probably have, but if i'm wrong, who has heard of this before? It is like an urban legend i guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
lol, that's pretty flipping hilarious. no wonder europeans think we are so stupid. but as a christian i have to say that it's pretty sad that supposedly religious men of God would stoop this low....but having grown up in the deep south it doesnt surprise me very much either.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about this one about 4-5 years ago. I didn't believe it then either.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hey that will make a great Halloween recording to play outside the house!

The story reminds me of a movie I saw as a kid,Astronauts go down to Hell and walk around,does anyone remember the name of that one?

[edit on 16-12-2006 by mistr_b2]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It'd make a pretty cool movie, though.

That's for sure.

What about Jaques Cousteau?

Didn't he quit because he was too old and crumbly?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ha ha, I was just about to do some Googling on what happened with Jaques Cousteau if he reported any weird screams.Then I discovered the real Russian hole drilling project.It really did exist and they drilled down almost 7.5 miles but the heat kept melting the drill so they had to stop.Some urban legends do have a basis from fact.here is the Web site...
www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Lol, I remember reading about that. It is very similar to the story where scientist discover that the sun is actually hell and have recordings of people screaming.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i have heard this and sometimes i do wonder....it is a creepy sound they got

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, is it real or fake?

The chance is 50/50.

I've heard it a million times on Coast to Coast and they claim its legit.

So 50%- Hell is inside the earth where heathens burn for all eternity.
50%- We can laugh it off as a joke.

Which is it?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It is a 100% hoax. I am usually able to believe things, but this has been debunked to the point of no return. There is no historical evidence to claim it ever happened.

Yes, the Russians did drill fairly deep, but it got to the point where they could go no further because the drills kept melting.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Don't most major religions believe that the dead do not have physical bodies? Why then would "hell" have to be a physical place at all, particularly in the center of the earth?

I think this a myth easily supported by the fact that the depths of the earth are far from hospitable and could be indeed considered "hot as hell!"

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I saw a tv show about "The Hutchison effect"this morning so It peaked my curiosity to Google search more info....
www.americanantigravity.com...

I realize it could be camera tricks ,so I learned more about other theories of what matter is made of.So ,if everything has electrical charge including our bodies and even in the vacuum of space.I thought perhaps when we die ,our electrical charge can be directed into either the cold of space or down into the ground attracted into the burning inferno at the center of The earth(Hell?).

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
my gosh i,ve heard the supposive audio,if people buy this ,then they have to be fools.all i heard was a crowd ana a woman screaming ,my gosh this is so ignorant.

top topics

join