It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I walked with God Tonight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
I have seen the signs Kinglizard. I know what they are. Do you see them?

No I haven't...What have you seen? ...and...How do you interpret it?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Thanks for sharing your miracles!

I love sharing these things with people....it's just such a surprise when it happens...a beautiful and blessed surprise, but indeed a surprise.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
king, your posts always inspire me. After reading this latest thread, I feel compelled to post my thoughts.

I openly admit I am not a religious person. Do I believe there is a god? I honestly do not know. I admit that I look for signs. Something that could provide some security to know there is a purpose to all of this. Something struck me last night as I sat at a red light. I was alone in the car, and I looked to my left, then to my right, staring at the stream of cars on both sides. It was dark, so I could not see in any of the vehicles, but I understood that every vehicle held a precious life. Every life had a story, a story that should be told. In this life time, most of these stories will not be told. Kind of depressing when I think about it, but it gave me the idea that maybe in another time, or another place, these stories will be known by all.

Moments later I was very ignorantly cut off, and I only smiled. Looking around and thinking of this whole picture as a small peice of the puzzle, it gave me a sense of calmness where I was at ease. Even an old woman with a smoke and a cell phone could not of breached this moment.

It was in this moment I thought back to the time when my step-father passed away. As a young teenager, I witnessed some events that no person should ever have to endure. But through the experience, I feel I became a better person. In the short time after, I looked to the skies for an answer. I could not accept the fact that he was just gone, there has to be something after this life time. And it is this question, and this question alone that pushes me to search for an answer.

I've always considered Religion to be a form of social control. Something to instill a calmness over the masses to prevent chaos. Maybe that is what it is, but the pursuit of an answer is something I will continue to do.

I'm not sure what I believe, some day I may have an answer. But I do wish I was as certain of things as you are King. I wish that I could have some sort of vision, to solidify my beliefs.

No matter what I have said or thought of religion in the past, I always feel like a better person when these waves of thought hit me.

Thank you for your post KL. As a skeptic, I continue my search for an answer.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that with us Chissler. I know how frustrating it can be to ask for the simplest of signs and think you haven’t received one. If you keep looking I know you will find him. Maybe you need to completely open yourself to God if you haven’t already.

I will say the signs aren’t always visual, they can be emotional, a feeling. When you are connected to God you will feel joy, happiness, peace and love for everything. You will be completely in “the moment”. Were you completely in “the moment” in your car? Did you feel at peace, with an understanding of true love, a feeling of love for everyone? Were you at complete peace with yourself and everything?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Were you completely in “the moment” in your car? Did you feel at peace, with an understanding of true love, a feeling of love for everyone? Were you at complete peace with yourself and everything?

Could not of said it better myself. It was very strange, I just looked out the window at other vehicles, and it hit me. Too often we find ourselves in large masses, and see those around us as, "In the way". For a moment, they were not in the way. They were other people, with a common goal, who all had a story that needed to be told. Parents with small children in the back seat, an elder couple out for a drive together, all precious lives of equal importance.

It honestly made my night. I was actually on my way to officiate a minor hockey game. The game was one of importance, with a substantial crowd. As any sporting event, it is filled with people with different opinions. We can never keep any one happy. But the constant criticism, etc., did nothing to affect my emotional state. I was all smiles from the opening face off until the buzzer sounded.

Rather than rushing out of the rink, I took my time with my gear and shower. Slowly drove home and took my time with everything I had to do. The peace I was at, was something I wish I could experience more often.

Not really sure what it was King, but something came over me where I could not help but see the good in people. Something inside was forcing me to see the bigger picture, and not get wrapped up in the minuscule moment that we tend to live.

In all honestly, I envy those who are certain. As uncertainty is one thing that I do fear.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah man it’s an awesome feeling, everything seems right in the world and everyone seems like part of yourself or you feel like part of everyone else.

[edit on 12/17/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Do you know what signs that you are looking for? Do you know what the signs are?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Do you know what signs that you are looking for? Do you know what the signs are?

The signs of Matthew 24 seem pretty relevant? What others are there?
Thanx:-)

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r

The signs of Matthew 24 seem pretty relevant? What others are there?
Thanx:-)

Lady Propag8r

The signs of Matthew 24 relate to the Second Coming. The signs for the Rapure are in Luke 21.

Ex

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thank You for this thread!
I must tell you that after reading it,
I went about finding the verses you quote and they were inspiring .
I also found that Jesus quotes Daniel the prophet often in verse.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great post KingLizard.... My experience had to do while I was serving in the army in OIF 1 and 2 (operation Iraqi Freedom) anyways, I had a civilian worker die in my arms as i tried to save his life. I was a combat medic (was because i'm out of the army) and the fact that he was the only one that died, actually the first and last one that died in my arms made me realize how important life is. One goes all out to feed their family to the point of sacraficing their life for their loved ones made me the faithful person I am now. Before Iraq I must say I wasn't a religious person just confused and looking but not to the extreme. Once I got shipped to Iraq and my wife did her thing with others....i got pissed off and hated that week. Then the death happened. I came close many times of dying and the experience of being protected and being watched by a greater force made me continue my search of righteousness. I do not ask for signs. I ask for forgiveness for not being the perfect person and I thank God for sparing my life. A sniper shot at me and i know i was in his cross hairs, all i remember is hearing the pop next to my ear and i dropped. I thought i had gotten hit, maybe i did and don't know but about 2seconds passed and .....well i'm here alive, no scratches, no bullets in me. Safe and sound.

Chissler...what i recommend is to be open minded and ask for guidance. Speak with your heart and you will feel the joy and warmth of God in your heart. Good will always prevail. Remember that. My past relationship, she cheated on me....you know what.... I just moved on, i don't hate her....i just moved on and took it as a stepping stone and a learning experience. Some may bash me and say..." what a starts with a p and ends with a y" but you know what....I'm the better person now and i still till this day continue to have faith and seek guidance.

Good luck to all and God Bless....

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You know I was just talking to chissler about signs and how I used to (10 years ago) ask God to prove himself to me by simply having a gust of wind come upon me or by having a bird swoop in front of me.

Funny that I was reading Matthew this morning and come upon this verse:

Matthew 4:7

Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

No doubt we are blessed when God reveals himself to us but but we should not ask this of God. Men should live by faith, not "magic" so my bible says and I now believe.

EDIT: I should add that the back story to this verse is when Jesus was being tested in the desert by Satan. He was trying to get Jesus to prove to him that he is the son of God through supernatural means.

[edit on 12/21/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
kinglizard, every religion has some sort of clause similar to matthew 4:7, it's to prevent people from questioning
it is an overt control mechanism

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My brother, I won't cast pearls any longer. Blessings to you...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

My brother, I won't cast pearls any longer. Blessings to you...

king, i'm just pointing out sketchy things when i see them

the best way to keep people from questioning their faith is to say that testing your omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, and omnipresent being will not only be fruitless, but is immoral

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvosky
I was a combat medic (was because i'm out of the army) and the fact that he was the only one that died, actually the first and last one that died in my arms made me realize how important life is. One goes all out to feed their family to the point of sacraficing their life for their loved ones made me the faithful person I am now.

Talk about powerful. Thank you for all you've done and may God continue to bless you and your family. He works in mysterious ways and I'm so happy that you found your faith. Amazing that a person can see and find God even on the battlefield in the middle of a war.

Thank you for sharing your story with us my brother in Christ.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thanks Kinglizard...means a lot to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No doubt we are blessed when God reveals himself to us but but we should not ask this of God. Men should live by faith, not "magic" so my bible says and I now believe.

EDIT: I should add that the back story to this verse is when Jesus was being tested in the desert by Satan. He was trying to get Jesus to prove to him that he is the son of God through supernatural means.

[edit on 12/21/2006 by kinglizard]

Malachi 3:10...........

There are signs of his return given in Luke 21 for the Gentile as the time is at hand.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
In my dream..I was standing on a corner with a group of people.
There were some people I knew..who drove up to the corner looking for me. They were in a white Limo. The Limo was dirty. I told them the way to go, and they went back across traffic down the street. When I looked at the Limo again, it was Sparkling clean. So much so, that I though it was a different car.

There was a woman there, who was stairing at me just before she changed her childs dirty diaper. She staired at me for a long period or time. To my left was a man who had to change a diaper too. When I looked, it was alread done. I tiny little blue diaper with a little baby suprise in it, but very tidy.

Now..what was striking about this dream was that we were standing there, and I saw people with Sunglasses on. I was washing a set I had in my hand. As we stood there, I heard a low rumbling sound...and then the sky that was bright with some overcast, suddenly went to near dark instantly. It startled me.

I knew at that moment the Lord had come. ( End of Dream )

Take your walks in silence. Listen. Share. Be selfless.
Try to change the world around you in little ways, and do what the Father
asked..through his Son.

As for seeing Jesus, I think hes here. The question is, do you think that with a person dying every 2.5 seconds from starvation he is happy?

Do you think with 600 million homeless worldwide he would be happy?

Let me ask you this...if you were Christ, and you left your people with this message...

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Would you be happy?

There are some pretty dark places in the World. Its time we change them.

Peace

[edit on 23-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 23-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join