It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I walked with God Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I went out on my evening walk tonight as I do every night. IPod in hand and ear I took the same path I’ve walked 1000 times. With Christian music playing I was taken in with the beauty in all the Christmas lights hanging in the neighborhoods. I came to the path that cuts through the desert that I always take back home. Lights catch my eye, coming from in between these houses in an area I am unfamiliar with. I decide to change my path and I head for the lights.

I come upon these three homes that were lit from grass to shingle, in a row they lit up the entire half block. I was taking in this beauty and I felt the spirit of God come to me. It felt like such joy, like there was no darkness inside my body, not even a shadow. It was the kind of joy and peace that brings tears to your eyes; I knew then that I was being touched by God as this beautiful sweet scent surrounded me. I stood there for some time feeling the spirit that God blessed me with this evening.

Walking away from the lights I felt myself entering the darkness as the lights became dimmer and further away. I couldn’t help thinking this is how people must feel that turn away from God, like turning away from a roaring fire to the chill of the darkness. I hope everyone knows that they can always turn back to the fire, it’s always raging.

I feel like the spirit wanted me to say this:

Life is just a series of moments. So often we are living in the past or future…but we need to stop and live in the present. Let your past define where you’ve been but it doesn’t have to define your future. Each step you take and decision you make is defining your history.

Anyway that was my walk this evening. These encounters are becoming more and more frequent. It’s not just a feeling but it’s something that makes you quickly turn around expecting to see Jesus standing there, when you don’t see anything you turn quickly in the other direction expecting to see the same. I don’t know, it’s just SO WONDERFUL!

EDIT: to add something I just remembered

[edit on 12/16/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Kinglizard, I hope you know that God's presence will soon be present upon the earth permanently. God is about to reclaim what is his.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would love if everyone could feel what I have felt but what makes you think God is about to reclaim the earth?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, I for one think that we are living in the "end times." The whole message of the book of Revelation was the message of God's reclamation of what is rightfully his.

At present, Satan is the king of this world, as is obvious when one looks at the present world condition. However, Satan's grip is loosening a little more all of the time.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well I can honestly say that I have been getting these visits on what is turning out to be fairly regular intervols of 5-6 months. The first was with my NDE...the second was about 6 months after while walking on that path through the desert I was talking about and then tonight.

I'm still curious how you know we are in the "end times"....have you seen signs?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
NO ONE knows when the end times will come...Just that it will,

KingLizard I'm so happy that you feel the lords love as I hope everyone will one day find it...this is atouching thread ty

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Kinglizard, I don't "know" that we are living in the "end times." However, looking at the world today and looking at what Revelations states I think it's a pretty sound assumption.

No one really "knows" anything with any degree of certainty. There is an old mystic saying that goes: "I know that I know nothing." I firmly believe this statement.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thank you kuhl. I quickly wrote it the second I got home from the walk so it's not really polished or anything. I just wanted to share that message and this incredible thing that happened this evening.

I'm tempted right now to go on another walk....my legs are hurting a bit but maybe I should.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Kinglizard, I don't "know" that we are living in the "end times." However, looking at the world today and looking at what Revelations states I think it's a pretty sound assumption.

No one really "knows" anything with any degree of certainty. There is an old mystic saying that goes: "I know that I know nothing." I firmly believe this statement.

Oh, when you said this:

Kinglizard, I hope you know that God's presence will soon be present upon the earth permanently. God is about to reclaim what is his.

I thought you were being serious and not just flippant.

Anyway lets get back on topic.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Kinglizard, I was being serious in the sense that that is what I personally believe. However, to say that I "know" that to be a fact is not really empirically provable. All I can tell anyone in regards to God establishing his presence on earth is, hide and watch.

What do you want anyone to say about your experience? I am happy that you experienced it. Try and be as aware as possible the next time it happens because God does not reveal himself like that unless he has a message.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Try and be as aware as possible the next time it happens because God does not reveal himself like that unless he has a message.

Yeah I can't walk through this certain part of the desert path without signing the cross. It's the spot where my last encounter happened.

I'm always looking for his messages and open to new encounters though it's quite a surprise when they happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
kinglizard

This is a beautiful experience you have had, and I am glad that you have shared it. It has brought much enlightenment to me.

Ever since my near death experience, I have been almost skeptic about the lord but your thread definitely helps me a lot.

Originally posted by kinglizard
It was the kind of joy and peace that brings tears to your eyes; I knew then that I was being touched by God as this beautiful sweet scent surrounded me. I stood there for some time feeling the spirit that God blessed me with this evening.

Don't you wish you could've stood there forever? I know I would love to experience something like that, and I pray for some sign of hope everyday, but I never get anything.

In my near death experience I was legally dead for 2 hours. People talk about how they see the light, and how they see god and have been given a choice to stay or to go back. I have also read your near death experience and ascent.

I didn't see anything..

I always like to feel that there is hope and that there is heaven because, I only live to serve in heaven with the lord. Everything I do is based upon my thoughts on the reaction of what god will think. I want to be judged and accepted. I want to be able to live a full life so I can show god that I have payed my debt which is that of my fullfilled life, and fight to survive.

Christmas time is always joyous for me. Not joyous for the greed but joyous for the thought that many people still have hope, and for the thought that many people are more willing to give than to recieve.

I find myself in love with helping people. Random or close, I take pleasure in seeing hope, and happiness in one person from anothers action. I feel there are still these people about, and I feel that you are one of them.

Thank You for sharing.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thank you so much for replying Crisis, I know God is with you.

Years ago I used to pray to God to just give me one sign, just, I don't know, make a bird fly by right now, send me a gust of wind right now to prove you are hearing me. Time after time I would see and feel nothing. This went on for year...but that was then and this is now. Things seemed to have changed and I don't know exactly why but I realize it's far from the normal experience. I'm thinking he wants me to share these things with others. I don't know if it's just that I am more open to these encounters or if I was blessed or given something during my NDE.

Know that God hears every word of your prayers. Know that you are the son of kings, not just kings but king of kings. Literally you are the very loved son of God and he has a place for you and everyone else that follow his word in Heaven.

[edit on 12/16/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Crisis,I am going to ask you a question that you probably won't be able to answer, but really what I want to know is what your "gut" tells you. Do you think it's that you didn't see anything, or could it be that you just don't remember what you saw?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is it possible that I wasn't supposed to see anything? People don't always remember their dreams so I am guessing you are right. It is possible that I didn't remember anything.

Peculiar enough, I have always been known for my excellent memory, and I normally remember 2 of dreams each night. I also have at least 5 intense nightmares a week, and i've heard that the average of nightmares is 4-6 in a year.

My gut honestly tells me that I saw nothing, but I also do not know why I awoke from a 2 hour death.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
I also do not know why I awoke from a 2 hour death.

That's quite the message in itself isn't it.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That's quite the message in itself isn't it.

Yes.

To me that means God has given me another chance to pay the debt I owe to him which is that of the fulfillment of my life. The way I see it, we all owe God a death, but a short-lived one isn't worthy of what Jesus went through for us.

To me immortality, or a long lasting life is a curse unless it has been fulfilled.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Beautiful story.

I have had many experiences like the one which you have described. And while I may not feel that it is God activley taking part in my life at that moment...I always leave feeling a bit better off.

Something about realizing how small I really am in this universe makes me smile. It is odd but I enjoy it.

One day lay on the grass and look up at the sky. Watch the clouds go by and realize how massive the sky really is. Then just conentrate on how the grass feels on your skin...just become aware.

I am imagining that this feeling which I have tryed to describe would be similar to the feeling that you have felt.

Thank you for the beautiful post.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Well I can honestly say that I have been getting these visits on what is turning out to be fairly regular intervols of 5-6 months. The first was with my NDE...the second was about 6 months after while walking on that path through the desert I was talking about and then tonight.

I'm still curious how you know we are in the "end times"....have you seen signs?

I have seen the signs Kinglizard. I know what they are. Do you see them?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
That is a beautiful experience to share kinglizard. For me there is very little of import in life other than the odd moments of spiritual communion that grace it every now and then. Numinous and not easily transcribed. Childbirth is a startling awakening; one that everyone has read amply of - a miracle banal and yet all-sustaining.

Thanks for sharing your miracles!

Walking with music is like a piece of heaven in your backyard, n'est pas?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join