It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solstice and predictions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would like to get a thread started with extensive thought on solstice. What it is literal and allegorical. I will cover somethings that come to mind and would love to hear feedback either it be speculative or known.

General ref.;
en.wikipedia.org...

From Mayans to Irish pagans there has been various mason works with a window that allows light in only on winter solstice. I am curious why winter solstice was so important to them. Winter solstice is when the Sun is farthest away. Can this resemble death or allegorical of farthest from god? I have seen son compared with sun often when speaking of solstice.

Each St John is represented by a solstice. St John the Baptist is summer Solstice (June 24-25). St John evangelical I have heard represents the winter solstice. In an allegorical sense we could view this as one being far from the son/sun/god and one being closest. Again, allegorically we see how one is a precursor to Jesus and one is speaking of the end of the world.

Freemasonry; Gives great tribute to each St John. I have also seen much works on the point with the circle. Two perpendicular parallel lines represent the patron saints of the order--St. John the Baptist and St. John the Evangelist. Now with a pun I ask you; What's the point?
ref;
www.sacred-texts.com...

I suppose these have been the deepest thoughts that have come to mind. I would like to bring my ideas together with yours to see why there has been emphasis on solstice and also what other great emphasis has been put on solstices and the Johns which I feel have a great interest and relation to solstice.

Other related topics;
Astrology and Astrological placements on dates and times of Solstice
Sync of timing; (below are winter solstices

Dec 2006 22 @ 00:22
Dec 2012 21 @ 11:11

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I am curious why winter solstice was so important to them.

The birth of the sun god Baal. The rebirth of Nimrod.

new topics

join