It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush refuses to speak to EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
BUSH: CLAP ME OR NO EU SPEECH
Mar 8 2003

By Paul Gilfeather

GEORGE Bush pulled out of a speech to the European Parliament when MEPs wouldn't guarantee a standing ovation.

Senior White House officials said the President would only go to Strasbourg to talk about Iraq if he had a stage-managed welcome.

A source close to negotiations said last night: "President Bush agreed to a speech but insisted he get a standing ovation like at the State of the Union address.

"His people also insisted there were no protests, or heckling.
www.mirror.co.uk...

Its getting pretty pathetic. Bush can't go anywhere on the planet without meeting hatred and scorn. He's going to England this week and the people there are gonna burn an effigy of him. Its sad....

I don't think Clinton had this problem, did he?

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Clinton simply put up with them....

This isn't the first time that Shrub has insisted on a standing ovation.... To me, that's kind of defeating the point, but it's obvious press grand-standing... The fact that this request keeps getting out is actually pretty funny.... This is the kind of agreement that usually is kept hush-hush....but we all know that subtlety isn't exactly his strong suit....hehe....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Mr Bush's every appearance in the US is stage-managed, with audiences full of supporters.

But his refusal to speak to EU leaders face-to-face is seen as a key factor in the split between the US-UK coalition and Europe.

The source added: "Relations between the EU and the US are worsening fast - this won't help."

Be delusional, think that Bush is a graet and accomplished leader who is infinitely better than Clinton or Gore. Have you fantasy.

But

Even with that massive amount of Jim Jones style Kool-Aid that Bush supporters must drink to stay on the same hyme book page, how do you rationalize the failure of Leadership 101 - meaning, to lead you must first engage those to be lead !?!
Does our country NOT NEED a vocal avdocate to help our economic prospects on the World stage? Isn't this something that ALL world leaders do, and that we did prior to this president?

Pit------TEE---Ful! But Standard Monkey Boy

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think the rest of the world is waiting for him to be voted out and are looking forward to dealing with the next president. So, they either protest him or ignore his requests.

top topics

join