It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Saturday, December 16, 2006

www.spokesmanreview.com...

Swelling found in Yellowstone volcano's lava domes
Associated Press
December 16, 2006

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. � A geologist says some parts of the continually shifting, collapsed volcano at the center of the park are swelling unusually fast.

Bob Smith, one of the leading researchers into Yellowstone's geology, presented some of his findings at the American Geological Union meeting in San Francisco this week.

Smith and other geologists from the University of Utah are particularly interested in two subterranean lava domes deep beneath the Yellowstone caldera.

"We've gone to this really pronounced, and I would say unprecedented, uplift of the caldera," he said.

But he said any talk of an eruption would be far-fetched.

Mod Edit Quote Reference

[edit on 12-16-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow, that's a bit conserning considering the overall effects of a major super eruption anywhere. It's been my experience since learning about the subject here on ATS, that the goverment agencies are usual quiet about this sort of information.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wonder how things are with Yellowstone Caldera's sister in the south, the Vilama Caldera in Argentina. Last piece of news I heard was an article in March.

ATS: The Lesser Know South American Twin of the Yelowstone Supervolcano

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Really scary

The Geologist said that any talk of an eruption would be far-fetched., but I wonder if they really would be able to know when it is going to erupt and, when knowing, if they would warn us...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust the government to tell us the truth about anything like this anyway. They thrive on deception of the general public.

new topics

top topics

join