It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 75 rd AK drum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well I bought an AK drum, Im pretty sure it was made in China. Does anyone know how to load them???? I can't see how to get it open or any way I can load it. My gunsmith didnt even know how to use it.

Please someone help me out on this one.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
After some tinkering with the drum I figured out how to load it. You have to pull up on the lever on the front of the drum each time you load a round. And it doesnt open up, you load the rounds from the top of the drum. I loaded it up with 18 rounds and fired it. Does anyone else have a drum like this one? Do you know what kind it is and so you have trouble loading it all the way up to 75. I didnt try to load it up all the way so I dont know.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
TO LOAD MAGAZINE:
1.) Unlatch and open the rear cover. Depress the spring-loaded button in the center of the drum and turn the spindle clockwise until the magazine follower is returned to the beginning of the spiral track.
2.) Insert five (5) rounds into the slots located nearest the top (column) section of the magazine.
3.) With five rounds loaded, hold the spindle firmly in place with one hand. With the other hand, wind the spring tensioning key (located under the spring-loaded button) CLOCKWISE three (3) clicks.
CAUTION: Hold the spindle securely while applying tension in order to prevent it from slipping and catching your fingers.

4.) With the spring tensioned, quickly release the spindle. The five rounds loaded previously will be pushed to the top of the magazine, and the last round will hold the spindle in place.

5.) At this point you have the option as to how to load the magazine. If cartridges are dropped in the remaining slots, the total magazine capacity will be seventy-three (73) rounds. Alternately, if the procedure described as follows is used, the total capacity will be seventy-five (75) rounds.

5A.) Tilt the column portion of the drum at a slight downward angle and turn the spindle clockwise just slightly. Remove the last two rounds.
5B.) Keep the drum tilted downwards, and rotate the spindle so that the follower is returned to the beginning of the spiral track (as in step 1).
5C.) Insert two rounds in the top section and release the spindle. Complete loading the magazine by dropping cartridges into the remaining slots.

WARNING: THE ABOVE PROCEDURES SHOULD ONLY BE USED WHEN LOADING THE MAGAZINE TO ITS FULL CAPACITY OF 73 OR 75 ROUNDS. IF THE USER INTENDS TO LOAD ONLY A PARTIAL MAGAZINE, THEN THE MAGAZINE FOLLOWER MUST BE DIRECTLY BEHIND THE LAST CARTRIDGE. IF THERE IS A GAP BETWEEN THE LAST CARTRIDGE AND THE MAGAZINE FOLLOWER, THE DRUM MAY BE DAMAGED DURING FIRING.

6.) With the drum fully loaded, close the rear cover and secure with both latches. Wind the mainspring with the key located on the rear cover. Wind the key seven (7) revolutions (360 degrees). If the magazine is loaded to only thirty (30) rounds, then the tension should be reduced to five (5) revolutions. DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED NUMBER OF REVOLUTIONS, AS THIS WILL CAUSE UNDUE WEAR OR BREAKAGE TO THE MAINSPRING.
With step six completed, the magazine is ready to use.

DURING PROLONGED PERIODS OF STORAGE:
Open the rear cover and depress the spring-loaded button at the center of the drum. Do not tilt the drum, as the cartridges might fall out. Close and latch the back cover and re-tension the spring three (3) clicks. The drum magazine can be stored in this manner indefinitely.

TO UNLOAD THE MAGAZINE:
Open the rear cover and depress the spring loaded button at the center of the drum. Dump the cartridges out. The rounds in the column will need to be removed individually.

MAINTENANCE OF THE MAGAZINE:
Periodically, the magazine should be cleaned with solvent to prevent the build-up of unburned powder and grit in the spiral track. A significant amount of residue in the track may hinder the functioning of the drum.

To disassemble the drum magazine, open the real cover and depress the spring loaded button. Turn the spring tensioning key COUNTER-CLOCKWISE and remove it. Next, lift the spindle out of the magazine. DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE MAGAZINE ANY FURTHER.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks for that post. But my drum doesent open, you load from the top and pull a lever with the loading of each round. Is it chinese, bulgarian, or romanian?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Chinese drums the whole back opens up to load the drum, Comblock, versions load form the top, A chinese drum will be near verticle when inserted in the rifle, whereas for example a romanian drum, will angle forward, You probably have a romanian drum.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Dude you push down on the lever in the front and drop a round in, then let that lever come back up automaticly, then repeat

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Them drum you have is most likely a romainian drum. I have one, I am able to bump fire it and dump the whole thing at once but it takes some practise.

Mr Pat

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Does the bbl heat up and effect accuracy after 75 rounds?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Dude you push down on the lever in the front and drop a round in, then let that lever come back up automaticly, then repeat

You pull the lever UP on this one. And yes it is Romainan.

And for the people that have them, how do you clean these kinds? Can you keep them loaded very long and have you have any jams?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hey Mr Pat or anyone else that has one of these Romanian "lever" drums.

How do you clean them. Mine is full of this gunk in side it. It works ok, but it was a real pain just to load it up to 40 rounds. Then half way threw when I tryed to unload it, it stoped feeding the rounds. I had to push down of the bullet to get the spring to pop the round back up to the top.

I think the gunk from where it sat in storage for a couple of years may be the problem. Anyone know a good way to clean these drums cause they dont open from the back.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

How do you clean them. Mine is full of this gunk in side it. It works ok, but it was a real pain just to load it up to 40 rounds. Then half way threw when I tryed to unload it, it stoped feeding the rounds. I had to push down of the bullet to get the spring to pop the round back up to the top.

I think the gunk from where it sat in storage for a couple of years may be the problem. Anyone know a good way to clean these drums cause they dont open from the back. Anyone know??

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This drum?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I think the gunk from where it sat in storage for a couple of years may be the problem. Anyone know a good way to clean these drums cause they dont open from the back. Anyone know????

And to Wanglanyue, no the drums we are discussing are Romanian, they dont open up.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Chinese/ Russian AK drums are nice. I like them for the fact that you can keep them fully loaded indefinitely and just wind them up when your ready to go. Something you shouldnt do with the Romainan drum or most magazines.

Plus they also come in 100rd version but if you can find one expect to pay a great deal more then the Romainan version.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It sounds like you have a Romainian 75 rd drum mag. In order to clean it, turn the magazine around to the other side from the tension lever(flat side). there should be a knob in the middle of the mag. In the center of this knob is a detent pin. Simply push in the pin(middle of the knob) until it clears the knob to rotate off (similar to twisting off an auto gas cap). The pin in the center of the knob locks it down to prevent accidental opening. Anyways, press down on pin until knob is free to rotate, spin knob off of magazine. The knob is what holds on the back side of the drum, once removed, the back side of the drum should open right up. The entire back should come off as it is not hindged like the chinese and bulgarian drums. With the back off, you can easily clean the magazine or adjust the spring tension by removing the follower(triple bullit looking thingy) and turning "more" or "less" tension on the spring, then replace the follower in the mag. When the follower is put back in, the mag spring will be set to whatever tension you dialed it to. You can play with different tension levels until the drum feeds all of the shells properly.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Every time I go to buy drums for AK's I think how many 30 rounders I could get instead.... It's a sickness I know lol but I don't see my semi auto AK needing 75 rounds before I reload for some reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

From Papa_Flint: Try some spray brake cleaner/degreaser spray and hose it out good. Lots of Romanian equipment has nasty waxy grease in it, prevents rust, but prevents using it too. A small dab of wd-40 sprayed in after cleaning will lube the internals and prevent rust.

top topics

join