It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M$ Office Accounting Express 07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It seems that it is part of/intergrates with M$ office.

It is a totally free/legal download!!!

It IS a 208 MB download

Here is a page talking about it:
threeminds.organic.com...

here is the download link:

M$ Office Accounting Lite 2007

If you download the program and use it...or don't...Please post back your comments on the software and your experience's for both me and other user's.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm probably not going to download this, but only because my hard drive's already cluttered with tons of other software I never use, and I don't need to add anymore. It looks decent though, and I would definitely test it out if I were still running my own business.

The main reason I wanted to comment is that I wanted to say I'm a little impressed with the direction MS seems to be going. Between this and the Visual Studio Express software they've released in the past year (something I did download, and was quite glad I did), it looks like they're opening up more to the concept of free-but-less-than-equal software.

For a company with such a large profit margin as I'm sure they have, I think it's about time they start offering versions of most of their software on this "express" plan as it seems, where you get enough functionality to where it's usable indefinitely (as opposed to demo software), but nowhere near as much functionality as the full versions.

It'll be nice to see if they keep it up, perhaps with the regular Office 2K7 apps or similar software.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am not going to download it because it does not apply to the Portuguese legislation.

That is the problem with this type of software, its not a worldwide market as it is with word processors.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I am not going to download it because it does not apply to the Portuguese legislation.

Curious, what do you mean by that? It's illegal to download in Portugal, or...?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Curious, what do you mean by that? It's illegal to download in Portugal, or...?

Accounting software must work in a way that reflects the legislation of the country.

According to Portuguese legislation, for example, the reports produced by products like Office Accounting Lite 2007 are completely useless, the reports we use have a different way of displaying the information and they display a different type of information.

Even products for home accounting, like MS Money, are a bit difficult to use in Portugal because they were not made specifically for Portugal.

PS: after all I am going to download it, just to see it and maybe get some ideas.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is just a confirmation that the program is a US version.

When I tried to register it it hasked for specific US information.

top topics

join