It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missle launch in Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hello this is my first post on ATS. I come on here and read a lot but never had the need to post anything until now. I am from Brantford Ontario and i live with my husband who works nights in Cambridge Ontario. He called me freaking out this morning at 7:17 am asking if i heard anything Really loud like a plane flying overhead but really low to the ground. Me sleeping of course at the time said no. I asked him why and he said him and the guy he works nights with were just standing outside getting ready to leave and they look toward Brantford (which in south of Cambridge, close to lake Erie and the US border) and saw this HUGE fire ball come out of the ground go stright up and then turn and head staight for them( not actually them of course) and then dissapear and no noise was made but then the noise returned but no fire. He also tells me that every car on the street slamed on their brakes and got out of the cars to look at this thing. He said it looked like a missle or a shuttle being launchd out of the lake. I watched the 12pm news to see if it was reported or not but nothing. We were just wondering if anyone around this area or on the other side of the border saw or heard anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Could of this been a bouncy astroid :p, you never know these days haha too be honest, is there any millitary bases nearby him too?

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Galiega]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
According to the radio news in Columbus this morning, NASA launched a rocket from somewhere in Virginia this morning and the path took it due north. Many in Ohio had the same questions as you but it seems ok.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh Yes, Canada's Flexing military muscle

Nah Either it's a few military exercises or it's some rocket launch for the space program, no need to freak out

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Does canada have any rockets?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
actually i live almost right beside a military base but i think it is just for storing troops that are about to be shipped out. He just called me and said he heard on the news that it was from virgina that had some experimental satillites on it. That was a damn loud rocket if we could see and hear it all the way up here.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Does canada have any rockets?

no we use plastic forks and knives

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We "used to have Nike Hercules ICBM's that were actually located in missle silo's at the niagara falls air force base.They were tipped with nukes until Prime Minist Pierre Trudeau had them removed back in the sixties.The silo's were torn down and the missles destroyed sometime in the 80's or 90's.I know there was a glitch with the system back around 1987 I think where the system opened the silo doors and pointed the missles upward.I think after that it was decided to get rid of them.WE were told to buy these missles from the states in exchanged for having the Avro Aero program scrapped.The U.S. saw these jets as a threat and wanted Canada to scrap them asap.Instead the Conservative governemt at the time bought these as a way of showing the Canadian people that they were serious about protecting them against the soviet threat.As for your answer about Canadians owning mislles,the short answer is "no".I believe launching a missle from a base in Virginia is very odd indeed,especially with the timing of everything going on in the world.One must think that it had a very secret/sensitive payload that they did not want anyone other than miltary eyes to see what might be inside-ie: a new space weapon or a new type of spy sattellite.It seems pretty coincidental that they are gearing up for a new conflict in the middle east and then this.Anyone else find this rather strange???

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
We "used to have Nike Hercules ICBM's that were actually located in missle silo's at the niagara falls air force base.They were tipped with nukes until Prime Minist Pierre Trudeau had them removed back in the sixties.

Are you sure your're not referring to the BOMARC missiles?? Also if I am not mistaken the BOMARC's were defensive missiles not ICBM's.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

We "used to have Nike Hercules ICBM's that were actually located in missle silo's at the niagara falls air force base.They were tipped with nukes until Prime Minist Pierre Trudeau had them removed back in the sixties.

Are you sure your're not referring to the BOMARC missiles?? Also if I am not mistaken the BOMARC's were defensive missiles not ICBM's.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon

You are right!!! And I am sorry for the mistake-my bad!!! It was so long ago.I was 14 at the time and we were visiting the base on a tour.I was in the local Air Cadet squadron

top topics

join