It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Nile Virus reservoir in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I would most likely say the government is on a fast pace to find a "shot" for this that will aid in the being immune to it. The question is, How many people have to die from it before they make it available to regular citizens? Just like I am sure that they would have a cure for the government officials(the elite officials should I say) if they were diognosed with the hiv virus. Im positive that there is alot more cures than we all know about, it is just a matter of when they are ready to tell us.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Basically dude, just wear some bug repellant.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DipSchnit

I would most likely say the government is on a fast pace to find a "shot" for this that will aid in the being immune to it. The question is, How many people have to die from it before they make it available to regular citizens? Just like I am sure that they would have a cure for the government officials(the elite officials should I say) if they were diognosed with the hiv virus. Im positive that there is alot more cures than we all know about, it is just a matter of when they are ready to tell us.

Exactly...even by what Canuck said: Technology is the driving force behind people gaining an immunity to virus and sickness...we do not evolve...we just grow stronger through knowledge of how to fight them. But...the weak and already sick...almost will surely die from a onslaught of more malidies. Viruses are man made..the defense against them...are MAN-MADE...not an evolution of our cells.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Um, fool, some viruses are man made, others occur naturally AND MUTATE naturally, if a virus mutates and finds that it can overcome a bodies immune system easier it will keep the mutation. If it can no longer invade the cells in a body, the strain of virus dies off, like small pox which is virtually wiped out. WHICH IS EVOLUTION.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Canuck]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And I did not say that technology was the driving force for us to fight disease.
I implied that technology can be construed as evolution.
Or Human Progression if you'd like to call it that.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its so many viruses now that it would be hard to keep track of whats man made or natural. Just think of how many more viruses that havent been discovered yet that could one day infect us. The point is not of where or how it is originated but how to cure them.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm sure the majority of viruses out there are natural, though some may have been inadvertantly mutated due to man.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck
And I did not say that technology was the driving force for us to fight disease.
I implied that technology can be construed as evolution.
Or Human Progression if you'd like to call it that.

Technology is a man-made force that can change the way we live...or die. There is no "outside" force...evolution as you might say..that helps us become stronger in fighting off viruses or bacteria. I do think that these unique strains of viruses only exist because man created them by "messing" with them and shouldn't have...to begin with. My main point was this: The west nile virus was made to "weed" out the weak...and a scare tactic to keep peole inside their homes. OH...by the way...I do use bug repellant and I also sprayed my yard and neighbor's yard with repellant...my defense is up against those nasty critters.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That just degrades your own intelligence.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well im a little mixed on this. Valid points all the way around. I feel alot of it is Evolution with the changing world, climate and weather changes etc....I also feel that alot is also man made in the same sense that the man has tried to manipulate viruses since the begining of time(manually mutating them for the sake of science). Sometimes research does more damage than good in my opinion. But then again there has been alot of good come from it too!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
XenonGod, you do realize that bug repellent is not permanent and spraying around your yard is a complete waste of spray?
With wind and moisture in the air, it'd stay on your fence for about 2 hours.

Also, it is a moot point for yourself and I to argue Creationism or Evolutionism.
You, seem to firmly believe in Creationism, and I, vice-versa. I don't think there is really a common ground here, so it would be best to just accept that we both have opposing opinions AND valid points. Agreed?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sorry...all people have their own views on life and how it all started. I should be a physicist and a preacher...I have researched and studied theolgy...physics...and the many other sciences for many years. Oh...another note...back to one of your questions: I have seen Hell...and demons. I had a near death experience about a year ago...I experienced thing that you will never understand then. No pity please...on a personal note..which I should keep personal...but...I have cancer..and am still living and breathing. Do you think that I will gain anything from evolution and my cells will learn or evolve a defense system against that?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that you have cancer.
Medical science is progressing in leaps and bounds, my friend. Don't lose heart, the cure could be just a stones throw away........ literally. There's countless species and objects on the planet which could hold the cure for cancer.

Also, please don't rip on evolution about curing cancer. It could be equally said about religion, though I am too polite to throw such a low blow.

And hell, I did not have to die to get there.

Ever hear of Social Anxiety Disorder and Agoraphobia?
I've been living with it for going on 4 years now. THAT is a veritable hell, give me fire and brimstone over constant, debilitating, illogical fear anyday.
I'm just getting myself out of the rut with new meds.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Typed a lot of stuff out and it got lost in cyberspace...nevermind then...dammit.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by xenongod]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join