It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CBS series Jericho and survival...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I've been thinking that if there is some large scale nuclear attacks in the USA following some kind of Military action on Iran, how prepared (psychologically) are the American people in general?

Just the other day I made the mental link between the title of the show (Jerico) and the Israeli missile of the same name link ... y'know, the one capable of carrying an
"unconventional payload"
which, by the way, Israel has never confirmed or denied possession aforementioned payloads

Wiki

Edit to add: Was I a bit slow making that connection??

[edit on 20/1/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Jericho, Season 2 begins Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10pm ET/PT.

Below is a collection of promos for the new season.

Season 2 - Sneak Peak

Season 2 - The Six Presidents

Season 2 - The Return

For those who don't know about this, season 1 is being picked up by the Sci-fi channel. With luck the show will continue past it's short run on CBS.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
3 threads about this, just a link to my post for them all

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have seen the series a few times I find it entertaining and view it in the same light as I do bear grills. fun to watch but not to be trusted.

I check my server logs for my web site every day and more often then not I have somebody from radiofreejericho
I as I do with everybody who visits my site return the favor and spend time browsing there sight They are a very loyal crowd for this show.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The CBS series Jericho and survival...
i like the show jericho, kinda gives you ideas of what not to do. i did start watching the so called reality show survivor island or what ever it was called. there was a group of like 10 people the first night, it was cold and raining no one could make a fire. i thought this is going to be interesting, 12 hours later the show awarded the people with fire! never watched another show since, to me none of then could survive for real without the ability to make a fire.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Jericho is good entertainment, it does a god job of portraying the best of the worst circumstances, Its basically a show of what most armchair commandos imagine shtf to be, only you never really see shtf per say in Jericho, its always just out of sight if that makes sense, you hear rumors of fighting in the next town, ect, but never really see it full scale...

I'd say in the mid west this portrayal might be close to what could happen in such an event, where everybody knows everybody and all the essentials are in place, but as for most of us, shtf will not be simply a bumpy road, as it seems to be in Jericho, It will be either really bad in the en of complete chaos, or really bad in the sense of complete control of an overbearing government... we wont be just out of reach like the Folks of Jericho, will be right in it assuming we survived it.

I personally love the show, it gives a good idea of the emotional aspect and ideas as to what "they" as in the Government might do, it also highlights many things that are very real and have come to life since 9/11 concerning laws and how Government will react in such a situation, why Government or elements within it could benefit from such an event, and how corporations can become countries unto themselves as a result of them, and what they will do to secure that complete control...

It makes you think and for that I believe it serves its purpose, Remember folks this isn't meant to be survivor man, its meant to be entertainment and get ratings, don't be all emotional if they aren't eating rats and mice and look like the folks at Auschwitz...

Your expecting to much from a television series.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I just caught the re-runs of the series from the beginning this weekend...An amazing drama series!

The one question that popped into my mind during one episode where after the initial power-outage all the phones come back on line with the same emergency alert...the question I had in my mind was that if you poicked up one of those ringing phones, would it enable the telecoms system to flag the location of the phone number that was answered as having survivors present?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join