It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Look on google earth over the gaint lake in Easter Russia. I forgot what name it was but I think it's lake Balkal, something like that. It's a giant object extending from half the lake to the mountains on the east side.

Its near the word "Buryatiya"

[edit on 16-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Or more likely a glitch in the satellite data. It's a strip where for a pass of the satellite, no data was available for some reason. You can really see it on the left side of the big blue rectangle. See how part of the water and land is lighter in color? Video glitch.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yeah that's what I thought. No one has ever in the history of mankind been able to create on object as large as that.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That's not exactly true -- land reclamation projects are man-made

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Yeah that's what I thought. No one has ever in the history of mankind been able to creat on object as large as that.

So you knew it was a glitch ....why post?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I wanted to see what people think about it. I originally thought it was part of the satellite.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
My spelling is horrible on this thread. It's not like me, really.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
That's not exactly true -- land reclamation projects are man-made

Why don't you go see for yourself on Google Earth. Then tell me if you still think man can build an object so large.

Good luck with that

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Sure, if there's a will, there a way. Land reclamation isn't that difficult, almost every country with a coastline have some capabilities. But I was only mentioning it in jest, probably just a glitch as others have said.

top topics

join