It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegations of US Troops Attacking Iraqi Red Crescent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I doubt the Red Crescent’s mere complaints about US “harassment” can compare to this:

Gunmen Burst Into Baghdad's Red Crescent Offices and Kidnap More Than Two Dozen People, December 17, 2006

The insurgents happened to be wearing Iraqi military uniforms!...looks like ‘ol al-Karbouli let the “cat out of the bag” on how to actually attack the Red Crescent offices. Let’s see if the insurgents investigate this….

….insurgents have been “attacking” (not to be confused with “harassment” as the IRC apparently can not distinguish between or properly define the two the terms) the Red Crescent since 2003, and notably Ramadi 2004 etc. etc.

mg

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by jsobecky

If the militants are hiding among the workers, how are we to root them out if not to go to where they are hiding?
[...]

Smoking them out like animals won't work, they are humans. Humans turn to one another for support in times of crisis. You don't crush an insurgency by physically crushing the people, that'll just make the populace sympathize with the insurgents, whoever they may be.

I may be reading you wrong, but you're not suggesting that the insurgencies hide in the hospitals for moral or other support, are you? They go there because they know we will not fire upon the hospitals. Iow, they are cowards, plain and simple. It's the same as when they scurry into their mosques. They do it to re-arm and hide, not to pray.

Would you ally yourself with someone who just blew up your house because they thought the "bad guys were there" or will you side with the one who is intent (or it least appears that way) on flushing out those fools who blew up your crib?

Exactly my point. See the post by missed_gear above and tell me, would you ally yourself with the insurgency?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
One more point... do not confuse the ICRC with the American Red Cross. They are two radically different organizations.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

They go there because they know we will not fire upon the hospitals. Iow, they are cowards, plain and simple. It's the same as when they scurry into their mosques. They do it to re-arm and hide, not to pray.

Agreed, but there is also a larger reason...the foundation of this thread...when/if militants use these protected sites and
protected modes of transportation
and military forces must flush them out; the claim is immediately made that protected sites and transportation were illegally attacked and the propaganda machine spins-out food for the hungry/willing recipients.

Originally posted by khunmoon
And the issue is the Red Cross/Red Crescent is victimized, the best known aid organisation, most regonized worldwide cannot carry out their work because some of the most sacred ideals internationally agreed on,

Why do you think the insurgency in Iraq quit cutting of peoples heads and placing the video on the internet?...public opinion was turning against them very quickly.

One would serve the Iraqi people a greater justice by vehemently condemning the acts of using first the protected sites and modes of transportation each and every time...these are protected items by convention because if they are used for military purposes innocent people will probably die during martial conflicts.

One more point... do not confuse the ICRC with the American Red Cross. They are two radically different organizations.

The IRC to which I was referring to is the society operating the civil relief today in Iraq: Iraqi Red Crescent....I could have been more clear.

There are numerous societies within the federation, however; the Red Crescent and Red Cross societies are governed as a single federation: The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

mg

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
News Just in the Islamofascists have attacked the Crescent Moon ....

HERE

Gunmen in police uniforms have kidnapped dozens of people at a Baghdad branch of the Red Crescent, as British Prime Minister Tony Blair arrived in the capital to meet Iraq's embattled leaders.

But i guess thats not as exciting as the Americans doing security checks on people in the Red Crescent hey ?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
News Just in the Islamofascists have attacked the Crescent Moon ....

HERE

Gunmen in police uniforms have kidnapped dozens of people at a Baghdad branch of the Red Crescent, as British Prime Minister Tony Blair arrived in the capital to meet Iraq's embattled leaders.

But i guess thats not as exciting as the Americans doing security checks on people in the Red Crescent hey ?

Sounds like a good story, NumberCruncher, but I can't read it:

Sorry! The DSL OptusNet portal can only be accessed
from an OptusNet DSL connection.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sorry was through my DSL connection, this will work.

www.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20061218/07/international/1813430.inp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join