It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN compared Obama to Axis of evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

A cheap shot and a low blow if you ask me. It's based on nothing, yet it's made to sound as if it will be the tide turning decision in the 2008 elections.

Booo CNN

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh my GOD! Somebody's desperate. I swear, it's at times like these (when they can't find any real dirt) that you see them scraping the bottom of the barrel! That's pretty sick!

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Look at 'em, two of a kind. You can see it in thier eyes, and their lack of tie.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm sure you'd have gotten many more responses by now it was FOX that had done this.

Perhaps they're living up their reputation as the Clinton News Network and trying to clear the path for Hillary?

Then again even Ted Kennedy called Obama "Osama Obama" once

It did seem like they spent a bit too much time comparing him to the Iranian leader for no apparent reason...I mean how many people wear a shirt and jacket without a tie? Why pick up on this?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Look at 'em, two of a kind. You can see it in thier eyes, and their lack of tie.

I do not see any resemblance. Obama looks happy and friendly and well the Iranian guy would be a perfect actor to play the Anti Christ in Omen 2 and 3.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I thought it was mildly amusing, and it gave me a good impression of Obama actually. It was all irony.

It was like, "Obama come off like a real person because he is. He's not a Hollywood or Yale trying to dress up like a cowboy, his idea of casual doesn't scream 'BS' like Nixon's beachwalk or Kerry's Country Club Casual- the worst thing you could possibly say about him is completely absurd".

And it is absurd in that number 1, it's about his clothes, and number 2, it involves the term "Axis of Evil" in any way shape or form, number 3, it involves a reminder that Iran is stuck in some kind of wicked 1970s timewarp, and finally, it takes the tired old Republican accusation that democrats have homosexual sex with terrorists for money in order to fund abortion clinics to the hillarious and unbelievable extreme.

It was a jab at the other news services, a weak attempt to get their audience to turn off The Colbert Report and watch real news, and a subtle compliment to Obama- it was totally calculated.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't vote for Obama, but that comparison is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OMG Did anyone bother to listen to what Jeff said?

...in the sprit of wretched excess, let's focus on the crucially significant issue of what Obama was wearing...

Have you cynically and morbidly lost all touch with humor? Has this administration literally beaten you till you have to take everything to heart and be offended by every little item, no matter what or who the source?

SkittlesLA

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I personally don't see the problem here, I mean I like Obama,
and if he runs. will most likely get my vote.

I see it as more of a pointing something out, I mean it had alot
of positives in the beginning, so any negative connontations at
the end really are equalized.

I see it as more of a way there sort of saying hey, you might
want to change your wardrobe just a little, since the look could
hurt your chances.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
No Obama.

Ridiculous maybe, yes, but Obama is not the person we want for our next president. He makes Hillary look good. I dont like him and I suspect he is the ANTI CHRIST.

Laugh? Its ok, but my gut feelings dont lie.

In fact, my feelilngs for him are so bad, i'd rather have another Republican- NOW, how do you like that?

I hate to sound like a broken record or (CD) but that man is hiding something and i dont like him.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you all, its not his COLOR, OR HIS NAME THAT BOTHERS ME.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
He's too charismatic. We don't need charismatic, good-looking, smiling politicians who attract favorable media reviews and gain the support of Oprah. I wouldn't compare him to the Antichrist but there's certainly something strange about his rise to popularity.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
He's too charismatic. We don't need charismatic, good-looking, smiling politicians who attract favorable media reviews and gain the support of Oprah.

Well I grant that this is not all we need, but it wouldn't hurt, that's for sure. His ideas are dang good, and if he's got the charisma to sell them, that's outstanding. The ability to sell a policy is almost as important as the ability to formulate one, because a good idea that doesn't become policy doesn't help America.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
the whole thing is that people are afraid of a black president with a bit of an unusual name

i don't know why there is still this latent racism in the country

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I like Obama, better him than Hillary, I find amusing how they have linked him already to be an Islam worshiper and Muslin in hiding.:Lil:

I bet that as soon he say that he is up for presidential candidacy more will come out to tarnish his image.

After all, our country is not ready for an African American president yet.

So . . . are the Republican candidates any better? I am still waiting

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wait till I'm president

Obama? No!

Obasi? Yes!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Republicans and Democrats will both be doing the same as always: increasing their power and increasing the government's power over your life. Wake up and vote Libertarian so that America can have a chance at being free again.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
CNN apologized over and over to Barak Hussein Obama over this.

My question is did CNN ever apologize to Osama bin-Laden? Can you imagine getting confused with Barak Hussein Obama? Got to be quite embarrasing. For anyone.

He deserves an apology also!

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Heck, at least they mentioned that bush was 'third generation skull and bones at yale'.

Wow. Just got to it.

Obama wears a jacket and shirt without a tie. Ahmadinejad also does.

Wow. So thats what its come to eh?

Well, what can we expect, when we've got a giant TV screen with 'inputs' from all over the world in the "Situation Room", followed by "AC 360!!!11!!" We loooooong ago replaced substance with sensationalism.

As much as I hate to say it, the left can't claim to be the exclusive victims. Nixon possibly lost his first race against kennedy because he was sweaty and pastey on TV. And Bush is constantly eviscerated as being an 'idiot' and compared to hitler.
Can't REALLY expect the news and media to reach a high standard when everyone's standards are low.

Also, this issue of clothes, its so meaningless and silly, I can't see it making any kind of difference to anyone. Sort of like how if libel is so outrageous as to be unbeleivable, then its not libel (or whatever).

new topics

top topics

join