It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I live in New Mexico near the Acoma Pueblo, however just 15-20 miles from my apartment there is a mesa with one HECK of a cliff on it, they only resently put up a sturdy ladder for people to climb up to the top, there is also a road up it, but that could be removed quickly since it was built up. Anyway, zombies arrive, 20 mile hike/run, then work way to Acoma and pray they are NOT overrun yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
(comic book guy voice)

Best .....thread..... everrr

(sorry for the one liner..I couldn't resist..lol)

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This whole thread is very focussed on the Romero style zombie. Even with the new style (ultra fast ass kickin) they die simply from a shot to the head. What would people do in a "Return of the Living Dead" situation? Those zombies are horribly lethal. These ones don't die of head shots. They can be burned, but doing so only creates more zombies from the acid rain it produces.

These zombies, unlike the Romero style, have a known origin. A chemical known as 254 Trioxin was created by the government to destroy marijuana crops. This chemical had the unintended side effect of reanimating dead bodies. The only way the government was able to contain these zombies was to barrel them up and seal them away.

These zombies are also capable of independant thought. They are decision makers, and if given the chance, will out think you.

The first attempt to destroy them en mass was a nuclear bomb dropped on them, but all that did was spread the trioxin to other cemetaries, where those dead then rannimated.

The only way to survive this outbreak is to get as far away from it as possible, and hope it doesn't get to you.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Mesa.... still safe... Just build some walls around the top to prevent them from scalling the cliff, then "hook" the wall OUTWARD so as if they DO climb up, they fall off because the wall then extends out into the air like an upside down J, thus they fall some 500 feet straight down. Still a barrage of bullets can stop them, might take a lot but it can. Also they ARE rotting.... so stay at 500ft or above so flys cant get to you very easily and just let them rot and decay into nothingness. THANKFULLY they CANNOT reproduce... if they could... fly like crazy for Mars and never look back. Build the biggest space ship ever and LAUNCH, then nuke the whole planet a couple hundred times...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They may not be able to reproduce, but their numbers will increase as brains are eaten. The more dead, the more living dead. Plus, since the brain is the only thing these zombies ate, their bodies are still good to reanimate.

The mesa would still be a good idea, except I don't know where you could restock supplies.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
was a good movie I have watched, in it people who have been biten die the awake shortly after as a Zombie, before they become Zombie they enter the "Twicher Stage" and can only be killed with a shot to the head.

Here's an info link : en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Where I live the mesas can be used to resupply your food stocks, there are certain grain crops and squashes than can be grown here. Ironically, corporations have taken all the water, yet after a zombie outbreak the corporations will no longer exist (thank goodness) and the water mains will shut down, the water will return to the river here, and in three-ten years the ecology will recover. Maybe you will not have many bullets, but you can sure as heck tunnel DOWN into the mesa and make homes away from the elements and also because mining out rocks will allow you to drop them on them if they try and scale the cliffs. You must be careful not to use too many or you might make them a bridge... Also the rocks can be used to make walls.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This really is a great thread! It's difficult to contribute given the wealth of information already posted. I'll have to mull it over for 24 hours... That's if the Zacks haven't risen from the grave by tomorrow...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do: Get to the Island, Any Island

Don't: Stop for a quick test your own blood pressure test

Do: Take out the Hare Krishna zombie first (you know he'll be trouble!)

Don't: Move around quietly and slowly in a house when the Zombie hunters are approaching.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Do: Do the Thriller dance. You'll blend in.

Don't: Don't do the Beat It routine, you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
On Z-Day it would be pretty beneficial to live in one of those rural farm towns with a population of a few hundred. Plenty of food, not many people, and likely enough ammo to hold out. Plus, put a crap load of bear traps around and those zombies would just be stuck.

I if I was in the US I would go to a Walmart superstore, the only windows they have are at the entrances and the skylights, the only access to the roof is from the inside.They have gas stations built on now. They have many supplies that could be useful. The have guns and ammo in their huntinbg and fishing department. One of the Walmarts I went to even had solar panels on the roof.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'd like to direct everyone to this site

www.zombieinitiative.org...

The Zombie Preparedness Initiative is doing exactly what we're doing here in this thread, with entire sections dedicated to the various survival techniques necessary to survive Z-Day.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This guy has an idea

Turtle-Armor V1.0

The T-Armor is designed so that when the wearer crouches into the fetal position it creates a protective layer around their body that defends against attack. However, it is not a perfect system and should be combined with calm, quiet breathing, extremely little movement, and a large dose of patience.

Components:

1. 1 strong steel trash cans, with at least 2 lids, and as strong and undamaged as possible
2. 1 motorcycle helmet or similar headgear, as strong as possible. The smoother the better, as this will deterr attack from anything that cannot bite or claw into it easily
3. 2 hinges complete with nails.
4. 1 strong pair of trousers, as thick and breathable as possible whilst remaining light. A similar jumper is also required.

Tools:

1. 1 hammer
2. 1 screwdriver capable of removing the bolts securing the handles of the trash cans
3. A strong cutting tool, strong enough to cut a straight line through one of the trash cans

In addition, the construction of the armor requires an area that is well contained, and not at risk from incursion by zombie or enemy forces.

I don't know how comfortable I'd be walking around wearing a trash can. I like the idea though. It reminds me of Master Roshi from Dragonball Z.

Maybe some sort of leather/kevlar blanket stored in a backpack. It could have a heavy duty zipper to prevent access from the outside. You would however be stuck in a very awkward position afterwards.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wal-mart? How about a nation guard depo? I know where one is in my area, or I should say: one hour away... However they fences around them and are usualy multi-storied buildings. Should have plenty of ammo and MRE's to eat, might not be healthy but wal-mart is not healthy either. Besides those diesel trucks they outside are good for hauling butt down the road if you have something in your way that needs to be flattened like a pancake. If your lucky, you might find some artillery outside! hault it inside, use pulleys to put it on the roof, reinforce the roof... and you can take zombies out from 2 miles away! Also if humans who have turned bandit find you, a 120mm cannon aiming down the highway will discourage them when they roll down the road in their armored vehicles.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I've made a zombie survival film for all you zombie nuts out there, hopefully you guys enjoy it, i've made it in the "duck and cover" style of the 1950's, its an instructional video and tries to let us citizens know what to do in case of a zombie outbreak.

Anyway please watch it and rate it, its something I think you'd all enjoy. If this is in the wrong posting area, please let me know.

Crowbarr (Farmer Joe)

www.youtube.com...

Oh and tell your friends.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Excellent work, Crowbarr!

Factual AND entertaining. I feel more vigilant already! I really do hope to see episode two on "aggresive self-defense." I hope you werent' kidding.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This video is fantastic Crowbarr.

I hope you don't mind my imbedding it into the thread.

I'd give you 5 stars for that post, but it looks like it's been done.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Real simple, folks.

Build an acid moat to surround your existing fallout shelter.

Build your self a bomb shelter underground with a proper ventilation system (standard nuke shelter will do.) Ensure that there are two potential exits. The first exit should be a small steel blast door lockable from the inside. The second should be a "door" sealed with concrete. The concrete barrier should consist of 5 separate 6" thick block walls. If needed, the block wall can be broken with a BFH to gain an alternate area of egress. After breaking through the last wall, you instantly find yourself armed with the BFH, a very easy way to fend off zombies.

The acid moat will require other, smarter members to design. Any amateur chemists around?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'd give you 5 stars for that post, but it looks like it's been done.

Cant a member receive multiple votes for the same post, raising the average for not only the post rating but that members overall user rating as well?

I gave him 5 stars, and you 4 for embedding it here.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Awww thanks dr_strangecraft, Rasobasi420 and cavscout for liking the film and rating it!

dr_strangecraft

I really wasn't kidding about "aggressive self defense" but infortunately, I'm only going to make parts 2 and 3 if i recieve funding of some sort. I'd like to make the other parts, but its a real drain on my already drained bank account, so its wiser to make two films about things i haven't already done, that way it expands my "creative arty filmness" for people who might want to fund me in the future as it shows I can create 3 completely different films about different things in different settings etc etc.

Rasobasi420
No i don't mind you embedding the video at all! I would have done it myself but I didn't want to shove the film down your faces.
Hey and if you can't rate my post, RATE MY FILM! I want lots of rating and comments and views so this can be noticed and I can get some measly cash to make parts 2 and 3 (3000 AU per part would cover it)

cavscout
Thanks for rating my post, hopefully others notice too, glad to see people like the film.

Crowbarr

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join